Ashley Furniture / company treats their employees with no respect
I am friends with an employee of Ashley furniture and when construction began on our new house, the decision was made to furnish it with new furniture. We wanted to work with your employee (i.e. our friend) so we visited her numerous times, maybe 10, going over color schemes, size issues, motif, etc. She had actually been to our home while it was being constructed so had a definite idea of what and where things could be furnished. She was very instrumental in our continuous patronage of Ashley. Once our decision was made, we arrived at the store not realizing that she had not come in to work due to illness. Being our friend as well as a vested party of our purchasing decision, I called her cell phone to let her know we were looking for her. She said that she would come in to handle our purchase, over $8000 worth of furniture. Also, being our friend, we were well aware of the Ashley commission structure and wanted to work soley with her with this sale so she would get a full credit. While we waited in the store, one particular employee would not take no for an answer even after we told her that we were waiting on our friend to come in. She insisted she was only doing the credit application and our friend would get full credit. It has now come to my attention, my friend did NOT get full credit and had to split it in half. As a business owner, this seemed ludicrous when I found out the way Ashley employees are treated by their management. For close to a year, we had talked about this purchase and now we think our purchase from Ashley was a mistake. If a company treats their own employees with so little respect, I have to ask myself how will they treat me or any other customer??? As far as my wife and I are concerned, we may decide to cancel the order completely and definitely spread the word about how disrespectful Ashley Furniture Homestores are. Repeat customer are always key (remember I am a business owner) but Ashley won't be getting any more of my business.
More Ashley Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - warranty not fully explained at point of sale by sales people.
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - entire experience
- Ashley Furniture Industries - damaged furniture delivered...
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - protection plan
- Ashley Furniture Industries - durablend sofa and loveseat