Ashley Furniture / horrible customer service! no refund!

I ordered a sleigh bed from Ashley furniture in April to be delivered April 30, 2006. My furniture was not only delayed but it was scratched/busted where the delivery man and he was afraid to admit the truth. He dropped the headboard but never let me know he continued to make me think my furniture was on the way. At 7:00 pm is when I called the warehouse and the manager informed me the headboard was busted and it needed to be reordered. 4 days later my furniture was finally delivered.

A store manager at the Duluth location in Georgia promised me a delivery refund 79.99. It is now October 6, 2006 and I still haven't received my refund. I spoke with the manager again on August 2, and he informed me I would receive my refund check within 2-3 weeks.

Customer service is horrible at this store and I will never purchase from this store again.

Store details:

Ashley Furniture
3875 Venture Drive NW
Duluth, GA

A  12th of Dec, 2006 by
Gee, where do I start... My husband and I purchased a lovely bedroom set and two living room chairs from Ashley about a month and a half ago.

At the store we were told by our sales rep that all their furniture was not made until the time of order. Since the furniture had to be "made" and shipped from NC, it would be 14-17 days until we received it. Cool. Now we have to paint our bedroom. We ordered the furniture on a Saturday so they told us the order wouldn't be processed until Monday. Okay, fine. I get a call the Thursday after we ordered it and they said it was in. What? It had only 4 days!!! I thought the stuff was "custom made"? (Lie #1) Thank goodness we didn't wait to paint out room. That's not a big deal. Well, when they called to schedule a date to deliver (on that same Thursday), my husband asked them to deliver it the day after Thanksgiving. They said fine. I get a call on that Saturday and said the furniture was being delivered on Sunday. I said no, we have it scheduled for the Friday after Thanksgiving. The lady on the phone said if we wanted it delivered on Friday, we would have to pay a rescheduling fee of $40. What? My husband tried explaining to the girl that we did into schedule it for Sunday, but Friday. After a while of trying to get it thru her head, he asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor gets on the phone and the first he says is "Yeah?". My husband says, "Do you have an attitude?" The supervisor responds with "No, but it sounds like you do..." Nice customer service... My husband was shocked! Anyway, they said they would "waive" the $40. They obviously still did not understand we were not rescheduling. Okay, now it's time for the delivery... The FIRST time they were there, they came in and set up the bedroom furniture. Everything turned out okay in that aspect of things.

However, there were the two chairs. They weren't really expensive, but they were a couple hundred dollars a piece. They brought the one in and it was fine. When my husband unwrapped the second one, it had a huge black ink spot in the middle of the cushion (the chairs was red) it was very noticeable. Needless to say, we did not accept that chair and requested a NEW one. They came back out a second time to deliver our chair. It was the exact same chair with the same ink spot. The driver told us that is the way they were made. BS!!! We have the other chair with no ink spot. Once again, we refused it. This past Sunday, they came out a THIRD time. Guess what, SAME CHAIR!!! They tried to deliver the same damn chair 3 times. What the hell? My husband will be calling to go off on these people. That is just ridiculous!!! I know it's not the driver's fault, but geez... I can't wait to hear their response to this (if we even get one). So it's been a month and a half and still no second chair. We will never buy Ashley furniture again!!!
A  21st of Dec, 2006 by
Ever wonder why the furniture you purchased from Ashley furniture arrives "quicker" that the time they say it takes to "build it in the NC factory?". If you check your "business white pages" for the Ashley furniture store in your area, you should also see a listing for the Ashley furniture "warehouse" where all of the furniture sits until someone orders it! It may or may not be made in NC, but your order is coming from rotated stock!!
A  29th of Dec, 2006 by
Ashley Charges the customer immediately and delivers the product after a month. They don't even inform us that they are going to be delayed. They say it will be delivered in 2 to 3 weeks while you buy the furniture. But when you call them, they say it is only tentative.

They delivered part of the order and some part of it later. They don't give any flexibility in delivering the furniture.

They STINK.......

I wouldn't recommend that shop to anybody.
A  2nd of Jan, 2007 by
I was able to get an Ashley Furniture store employee to admit to me that their company routinely manufactures furniture for "Big-Lots" stores and that this "grade" of furniture is their very "lowest" quality furniture. This was accomplished by asking a sales associate why a certain reclining couch (very comfortable too) was only $499. To this she replied "that's the line we mfg for Big-Lots! Actually what they do is just put differing names on the SAME furniture type.Ex: Their leather gets the name "Millenium" as their top-of-the-line product and the "middle of the road" gets the "Ashley" name. The low end doesn't even get a name yet it's all the same mfg! After all these questions, it was cleas she just wanted me out to the store!!!
A  25th of Sep, 2009 by
ashley suckkkks. dont shop there
A  21st of Jun, 2010 by
Bought a bed room set with a King Sleigh bed in November of 2009. had the side rail crack and break in April of 2010, now it is June, 21st and I'm still waiting for my replacement side rail, Ashely Consumer Affairs gives me the same BS line that there are none in stock and won't be until end of July.

4 months! I have my bed in pieces for 4 months to get a replacement rail. If I would of known this about Ashley before I bought it I would of never of bought it. Consumer Affairs at Ashley tell me that its in the sales rep's hand, who has done nothing, and there is nothing they can do. They won't even call the local distributor in my area whose ordering it, to see what took them so long to get this ordered. Also won't even call other area reps to see if anyone has the rail.
N  2nd of May, 2012 by
I have not step foot in that store (Ashley Furniture in Madison WI ) since my first encounter with their conniving ways of doing business and burned me 8 yrs ago when I bought my house and naively purchased furniture from their store. The situation back then was as some others have mention here, they give you the spiel of "making the furniture after you purchase" to justify their no refund policy after you sign on the dotted line. I thought cool! They are making it for me.
Well my furniture was delayed and worst part of all my couches came with a sign that says "floor model". Oops! I guess someone forgot to rip the sign off. I called them to complian. NO remorse. NO apologies for lying. OK. I totally distrust them.
Fast forward to the future. Recently I was looking to buy a bedroom set and looked at all of the furniture stores here and decided to take a peek at Ashley again. Sure enough just my luck, I found the set I love the most at Ashley. So while in the store I was talking to a sales girl. She gave me a price quote of 3700 dollars for the bed set. Which included tax, 150 dollar delivery fee and their "protection plan fee" (which I bought into the first time around when I purchased from them, but never used caused you just can't call them every single time you got a scratch or ding. Not possible with little kids. Which by the way expires after 5 yrs so after 5 yrs your screwed. Might as well keep your initial scratches and dings and your money in the first place). Other furnitures stores were charging only 80 bucks. Trust me I know cause I went to all the local furniture showrooms and personally asked myself.
So I said to the girl I just want the price for the bed set itself included tax but no other fees. She came up with 3300. I asked her if they could possibly go lower since I just came from Steinhafels and the guy there gave me a great price 2800 for a very similar set. She said its not possible. Ok. I said then I will think about it.Very much so leaning towards forking out the extra 500 dollars.
Then an older gentleman who appears to be the floor manager comes over and said "so are going to buy the bed set or what?" I at this point in a friendly joking matter responed "depends on what you can do for me?" He says "I can help you put the furniture into your car" I laughed "you'll have to do better than that" Then he preceeds to tell me what great quality their furnitures are and the fine details and the lined cedar doors in the dressers. I said well the set at Steinhafels is pretty nice and also has cedar drawers. At this point he preceeds to argue with me saying he himself has seen the set I am talking about and that it does not have cedar drawers. At this point I said "I don't thinik we are talking about the same set cause I just came from there and viewed the drawers myself" Then in a very arrogant voice he said "well your asking me to go from 3700 to 2800 dollars, thats absurbed cause thats almost 1000 dollar different. At this point I said "well actually it wouldn't be becasuse I am simply talking about the bed itself not including the hidden fees such as the delivery overcharge or the protection fee" He responded back in the most condescending way "well if your just talking about the bed its only 800 dollars!" This manager who is supposed to be a professionall has really resorted to grade school tactics.
I told him off infront of his subordinates about how unprofessional he was and how he just drove me away for good and would never give a dollar to Ashley Stores again. Truely I don't know how they stay in business based on the horrific deceiving tactics they used and the terrible treaatment they give to their customers.

Ashley Furniture Industries Logo Ashley Furniture Industries