Ashley Furniture / do not patronize ashley furniture!

On 4/9/07 we purchase a living room set and mattresses from The Rockford Ashley Furniture Store In Rockford IL. The salesman was great The acting manager left much to be desired regarding customer service which I later found out is the overall norm at Ashley. We shopped around many places and we fell in love with this particular living room set so after hearing the radio advertisement no payments or interest til 2010 we decided to purchase it. Well after getting all set to tally up the total we were told with no explanation by the manager that the 2010 deal did not apply at their store only a 10 month promo, discouraged we were but we went along with the purchase. Our furniture was scheduled to be delivered on 4/20/07 we were happy due to the fact it was the same day we moved into our new home. How great is that furniture on the move in day!!! Not the case... We received our mattresses and recliner, however the love seat was damaged and sofa on back order till 5/2/07. No big deal Love seat was rescheduled for the following Wednesday we could go with out a sofa for a week or so. Prior to love seat delivery the warehouse called and stated there was something wrong with it and would have to reschedule again... Now we were set for delivery of both items on 5/2/07. The furniture arrived on 5/2/07 (4th attempt for delivery) after they were unpacked there was a cut on the love seat and the sofa had a hole in it. Needless to say we sent them back and got on the phone with the warehouse. The customer service was absolutely horrible we were promised call backs and never received any. I must have called them 8 times in 2 days before someone was wiling to assist. After getting the one and only person at Ashley who new what customer service was I was able to get some minor satisfaction (15% off both remaining pieces) and get a new and hopefully final delivery date of 5/12/07 the rep then contacted the Rockford location to explain the situation and what she did to compensate and suggest they contact me immediately and offer some satisfaction as well and 3 days later I called the manager of the store and would you believe it got absolutely no where and treated like a bum as opposed to a customer. They offer no satisfaction or even a shred of customer care. So now for almost a month the 3 of us have been sharing a recliner. Not sure what the 5/12 delivery will have to offer but we shall see. I can assure you that the rest of our new home will be furnished from a much better and more reliable customer focused retailer.

Regards ,
Couch-less.

Re

Comments

• Nl
      15th of Jun, 2007

We bought leather motorized reclining furniture from Ashleys, along with some living room furniture. We had to send back the end tables, coffee table and hutch twice. Finally the warehouse manager himself delivered the furniture in decent shape, although I am certain the hutch is the same as the first delivered, but repaired. Since the scratch is in the back, I let it go, but pointed it out to him.

The worst part of this is that our leather furniture looked like it had been in a tornado! the motors did not work and the frame was so twisted. They promised to replace but on following deliveries of the other furniture, no one knew anything about it. The store said they would send technicians, call us back etc- that never happened.

On the final delivery, we insisted that the warehouse manager take the sofas with him at that time, even thought he kept insisting he could fix it! The tech that was with him, mentioned when no one was in the room that their warehouse was full of these motors which are junk. He quit talking when the manager returned.

Now we are trying to get our full refund and it will take an actual miracle, I'm sure.
    We have spent hours and hours discussing this in person, etc.

They did offer in store cresit, but have nothing comparable to what we had, or thought we had. I also spent $5,000 on the other furniture and so what else would there be for me to buy!! $3,000 worth of what-nots? Oh they did console me with the $100.00 gift card, sorry not even the flower arrangements go for that much.

I am advising everyone I know to not buy there. I will write BBB and anyone else I can.
    How in the world are business working like this? Surely something can be done so they will quit ripping off people!

21st of Jun, 2007

Ashley furniture sucks!! The sales people lie... I was told i would get 12 months no payments no interest. After purchasing 4000 dollars worth of furniture i was told that the offer wasn't good anymore... They told me to call citibank... Citibank said to call ashley because they don't set up the promos.. Ashley does... Called ashley... They were rude... We were told our furniture would be there because it was not on backorder... We didn't receive our furniture until 3 months later.... The furniture is not very good quality and ashley will not take it back.. They suck!! I hate them and i hate what they stand for... They sure put on a good front... But as soon as you sign the dotted line, they turn into liars and monsters... Do not do business with ashley furniture... They suck!!!

4th of Oct, 2009

I hate Ashley's. We bought a sectional in Feb 09 for 1500 bucks. Next week will be the 4th time they have had to come out because of a seam tear, etc. its absolute junk. I will never buy from them again. I had better quality furniture from Valu City Furniture.

• Lo
      16th of Oct, 2009

Glad I found this site... 3 weeks ago we bought a loft bed for our daughter from an ashley furniture store 2 hours away from our hometown. A week and a half later we went and picked it up from the warehouse.
    When we got it home and put it together, the thing was wobblier than a cheap wal-mart TV stand! This was not the way the display model appeared on the showroom floor.
    They eventually got a tech out to our house to look at it who said something vague about some bolt being too tight at the factory and they would have to order a part from overseas to fix it that would take two weeks to get here.
    I have been on the phone with several people from customer service in the last couple of days who are still trying to figure out what part they need to order.
    In the meantime, our $600 bed is unusable right out of the box and our daughter has nowhere to sleep!
    (Oh, and they mispelled both my first and last name so it takes them 10 minutes just to find me in the system.)
    What a rotten company!

• Ok
      16th of Apr, 2010

I agree that Ashley furniture is HORRIBLE! My fiance' and I purchased a recliner and sofa from there. After the delivery people left, I noticed that the arm of the recliner seemed to be broken so I called the service center and they sent someone out to look at it. The first thing the repair man says is "you know you shouldn't sit on the arm of the chair. It really isn't good for them and this is what happens". I was shocked! So by this time, I was pretty upset and I told him that it had just been delivered and the chair hadn't even been sat in not to mention did anyone sit on the arm of the chair! So the "solution": the guy screwed a couple of screws underneath and told me that a few of the screws had just come loose. A few weeks later, the arm broke again. I called the service center and they refused to send anyone out because apparently we had missed the set number of days for repairs? Apparently I missed that memo. Now, a year later, the arm is still broken on the chair and the cushions in both the chair and couch have a misshaped form from sitting on them and we are nowhere near hard on our furniture.
    I would NEVER buy Ashley furniture again, nor would I recommend it to anyone!

• Tr
      5th of Jun, 2010

I think I can sum up Ashley Furniture after reading these complains and from my own experience. Ashley Furniture is cheap furniture. Don't expect it to last forever. If you expect furniture to last forever, pony up 5-10x the price, and if you know what is good for you:
    1.Never buy an Ashley recliner or recliner sofa
    2.Never buy an Ashley sleeper sofa
    3.Never buy an Ashley product with a motor/electric device
    Why you ask? Think about it, this is a cheap product to begin with, how well do you think your piece will last when it has even LESS structural support because it has a sleeper sofa/recliner installed in it. We purchased a Ashley set that was just a plain couch, and after 5 years it was still doing ok. Not amazing, but ok. My brother in law's couch with the built in recliners has turned to crap in months! If you must have bells and whistles in your furniture, be prepared to pay for it or you will be putting it out to the curb within 2 years. And use some common sense! If the material is paper thin, it probably won't last-DON"T BUY IT.
    Find a piece with thicker material, no extras and keep your big nasty dog away from it and it will easily last 5 years, enough said.

3rd of Apr, 2012

Rockford IL ashley is the worst, I bought living room set 2-24-12 paid cash they said if I have it delievered it would be there in a week I live 3 blocks away so I said I would pick it up, they said it wouldnt be ready to pick up in the store till 4-3-12 and that is today I called them to see if it was ready and they said not untill 4-21-12 now! WTF been 2 months already to get furniture and all they would say is sorry! I cant believe how they treat people that dont pay there delivery charge! A friend of mine bought same set 2 weeks later and had it delievered and he already has his! I will never buy from them again and I will make sure to tell everyone I know and even dont know about this horrible company!!!

• Ni
      3rd of Jun, 2014

Ashley furniture is horrible!! I purchased a King size platform bed. The platform within 1 month had my mattress sagging in the middle(I'm 140 lbs and sleep ALONE and on the edge). So I had to go to Lowe's to purchase reinforcements and completely get rid of Ashley's poorly put together cheap platform.
    Also, purchased a sofa and love seat. The sofa is electric...motor went out within 2 months so this was covered under warranty. The other side went out 1 month after the warranty expired so I'm now sitting on a sofa that 1 end is stuck in the recline position! This furniture is over priced and not worth the high prices!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM ASHLEY!!