Ashley Furniture / terrible company

Ashley Furniture in Fairfield CA has failed to deliver a China Cabinet. We ordered the China Cabinet on 26 July 08; for delivery on 31 Aug 08. When it did not arrive we called Ashley Furniture and were told that it would not be here until the 8th of Sept and would be delivered on 14 Sept 08 prior to 1 pm. When it again did not arrive we called and were told that it would not be delivered because it was broken. After several phone calls and a trip to Ashley Furniture store in Fairfied, they said it would be another three weeks before they could deliver another one. We were called on Fri. the 3rd of Oct that it would be delivered on Sunday the 5th of Oct. On 5 Oct we were told that again it would not be delivered because a piece was missing. WE have again called the Fairfield Store about the latest problem, and we did not received a solution to the problem. I would not recommend Ashley Furniture to my worst enemy.

Va

Comments

Va
  23rd of Sep, 2008

I had the same problem. My furniture have a manufacturing defect. I was suppose to get another one and I also order $8, 500 worth of more furniture. I did not receive a replacement for the defect nor did I received the purchased furniture. The replacement cost. $2, 600.00 and we put a payment on the new. They closed the store and put a sign on the door that states that they will try to ship out furniture, but no refunds will be given. All of this responsibility is on the previous owner. They will only do what they can. I have no way of getting in touch with anyone.

Jd
  4th of Jun, 2009

I agree Ashley is the worst . Everyone makes mistakes, but it is up to the company to make good on the mistakes made, and that is where Ashley FAILS.

An
  25th of Sep, 2009

I got a sofa and love seat from Knoxville Wholesale Furniture they carried it in and left I found that it was damaged. I called the co. about this and they refused to stand behind the warranty at all. I tried to get it replaced all they would say was sue us we are not going to do anything. So I call Ashley Furniture about this matter and found out that Knoxville Wholesale Furniture is the store with the warranty and they would have to stand behind it. But Knoxville Wholesale Furniture will not talk to me about this matter at all. The sofa can not be seat on the left side there is no support on that side and there a big gap between the seats that you can see the floor along with exposed wood also. So I am writing this to let others know about the store to save someone from getting in in this matter.

Ol
  27th of Sep, 2009

11/30/07--5 piece bedroom set and 2 lamps purchased from Ashley Furniture. Total cost with taxes and delivery was $1760.05. 2 lamps taken home by me.

MID 12/07—furniture was delivered. 3 pieces of furniture had chips in the marble, splitting in bottom layer on both nightstands, headboard piece was very crooked and off center. I denied furniture. It was all taken back. Because I had signed the store policy that there was no money back, only a store credit, I had to use the credit at their store. At first when I spoke with Mr. Murray, he wanted to charge me a restocking fee, not full store credit. He did not want to accept the lamps back that I had bought for the furniture. Then, I talked with Mr. Blake, who agreed to full store credit and to my returning the lamps.

Throughout December 07 and into January 08, I was at the store between 3 and 4 times per week. I’m sure this can be verified by their salespeople.

01/21/08--I used the store credit for 4 pieces of furniture. One I had to pick up at the store because it was discontinued. It was scratched and one of the handles came off, so I was given a slight discount. I picked this piece up at the store on 01/24/08.

02/03/08—I went to the warehouse to pick up the remaining 3 items so I wouldn’t have to take another day off from work and also pay for delivery again. I picked up a console which was fine. I had a friend with me to put the 2 nightstands together. Each nightstand had 4 legs over 2 feet long each. 3 of the legs on one nightstand were the same length. One was not. So it wobbled. I denied this piece. When I checked the drawers on the second nightstand, the top drawer would not close all the way. When I checked the wooden piece that the drawer rides/slides on, I saw that it was on very crookedly. Therefore, the drawer would not close properly. I denied this piece.

02/28/08—Still no replacement. I stopped in the store to talk with Rhonda Hallesy, the salesperson I had bought the furniture from. She had no knowledge of the next delivery. She told me to contact the store.

03/03-04/08—I called the store and spoke with Rachel. She told me that she would get back with me the next day. She never returned my call.

03/10/08—I went to the store because no one had been in touch with me. Mr. Blake, who I was dealing with from the beginning of the purchase, would not be in until 03/13/08. I spoke to Rhonda Hallesy. She still had no knowledge of the situation. Mr. Murray was asked who Mr. Blake reported to so I could contact that person. I was told it was only Mr. Blake. There was no one else to contact. He wouldn’t give me the name of anyone higher I could speak with.

03/11/08—I called the store to find out who Mr. Blake reported to. Mr. Murray again would not give a name, saying Mr. Blake was the one I needed to talk with. I told Mr. Murray that I was filing a complaint with Consumer Affairs. Once again I was told to wait until Mr. Blake came in. Mr. Murray mentioned that an email had been received regarding the prior pick up of 02/03/08. I did not want to discuss it further. To this day, I have not heard anything more on an email regarding any of this furniture.

03/11/08--I submitted a complaint to the VA Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services--Office of Consumer Affairs.

03/15ish/08--Mr. Blake of Ashley Furniture called me requesting my cell number (instead of my home number) so the president could speak with me. I don't know why he couldn't talk on my home number?? Mr. Blake offered to return the remainder of the money I haven't yet spent, but I had to keep what I had. I told Mr. Blake that I only have 2 pieces of furniture right now. One of which is a piece that isn't in the group setting. It was pulled up on the original bill of sale on the computer by the salesperson because it was the same manufacturer. It was ordered along with the bedroom furniture unbeknownst to me that it didn't belong. I still, also, don't have the 2 night stands that I rejected on 02/03/08.

Today is 04/30/08. 5 months to the day of ordering the original bedroom set. Per the Office of Consumer Affairs, Ashley Furniture is being uncooperative. I have not been notified either by Ashley Furniture. I only had 6 months to use my store credit. It is up in either June or July.

NOTE: DECEMBER 07 I had gotten rid of my original bedroom suit for the new delivery. I have clothing and other items laying around my bedroom either waiting to go into the “new” furniture or on the “new” furniture. The other items remaining in my bedroom are in disarray because I can’t set it up without the other pieces. My bed is on the floor because I had gotten rid of the frame for the new bed.

I believe I have been beyond patient and understanding in trying to amend for the original bedroom suit. At this point, I don’t want any of the furniture. This furniture ordeal has been a huge annoyance and nuisance, caused disruption and disorder in my home, time and energy trying to replace it, pick it up or just FIND the furniture pieces. When I look at this furniture now, I don’t have the happy, excited feeling one should have when “getting new furniture”. I would like to be fully reimbursed, and this frustration be brought to an end. I’m sure the people at Ashley Furniture are tired of this ordeal, also. Really, I need to get bedroom furniture. I can’t find anything in my bedroom, and I’m tired of sleeping on the floor.