Ashford University Online Degree Program / fraud-Ashford University

United States, Iowa, Clinton Review updated:
Ashford University
400 N. Bluff Blvd.
Phone: 866-711-1700
In the beginning everything seemed on the up and up. My mother had received her Masters degree via an online program at University of Phoenix and I was interested in doing this for my bachelors since my work schedule was so difficult to fit into school. We looked for an accredited school with an online program that was a little more affordable than UOP and discovered Ashford. I applied and was accepted...I applied for financial aid and had no problems...first couple of classes went smoothly and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Then the difficulties began. I was randomly dropped from a class that I was doing well in and when I tried to find out why I could get no answers. I would call and email regularly and was completely ignored. When I thrieatened to pull my money and go somewhere else they suddenly got their act together. I thought all was well. This spring they suddenly sent me a notice saying that I needed to send them documentation of my marriage to...the man my mother married in September!!! It took weeks to get that mess on their part cleared up and now they suddenly said that I don't have enough financial aid and I have been dropped from classes again...unless I send them a bunch of money!!!

I just want my transcripts and to get out!!! But I strongly believe that they need to be OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

A  9th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I agree because I started the classes before all my aid was completed and half way throw my first book Peak Performance, I found out that my aid was not correct I kept sending the copy of my tax's for 2008 over and over .Also I send in my written reports and they ever could not open them or I could not get through and would have to go through help desk, and still my was not getting in or they would be to late . When trying to ck on aid status for the next class PSY202 Adult Development on one would return my call or email. I started on 5/19/09.
N  29th of Oct, 2009 by
To everyone reading:

I have also had EXTENSIVE problems with this university and the company, Bridgepoint Education, that runs the school. As of this morning, 10/29/2009, the Department of Education is currently investigation the school and Bridgepoint for potential fraud and falsification of evidence. DO NOT ATTEND!
A  26th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
A  26th of Feb, 2010 by
A  8th of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Do not attend Ashford, please. Don't waste your time, your money, or the effort. Did you know only thirty percent of their students graduate? This is a degree mill. Did you also know that they claim right on the website that they have been around for a very long time? No, they haven't. Ashford is a product of Bridgepoint who bought the building a few years back and turned it into Ashford. Yeah, the building as been their for ages it used to be run by nuns. If I get a chance I am going to pursue legal action against them for all the wrongs they have committed.
D  20th of Jul, 2010 by
I just finished reading the above complaints, and must say none of them is familiar to me at all. I have been studying at Ashford for the past year; their service from enrollment to financial aid to their customer service has been absolutely outstanding. The course material and the instructors after seven courses that I have taken been top notch. I think there is always some kind of problem with any institution that could happen, however so far I have not experienced any, and with this kind of service that I have seen so far the future looks very promising.
A  26th of Apr, 2012 by
My daughter enrolled in Ashford almost 1 year ago..the advisors where always unavailable and seemed to have changed often.She was never able to get a straight answer from anyone there.Their portals where always down and when she called student-support, their portals were also down. How can you upload any work to a portal thats not obtainable. After sending numerous e-mails to no avail she decided withdraw as a student! Well all of a sudden the university flooded her e-mail with thand continues to bill her loan institution!!! Thank god we downloaded all the Information that was posted by her as a Student.We are persuing a lawsuit
D  12th of Mar, 2013 by
I have been attending Ashford University for a while and I think they are a great college. The advisors are very great I what they do and I have not had any problems, I will be graduating this year and I made it all four years with everything being a success. About the portals that is your daughters fault for not paying attention because they leave you know when they will be down. That is what is a matter with America today everyone is use happy. I am glad that I attend Ashford and I am a student at Ashford.

Ashford University Logo Ashford University