Ashford Univeristy online / Lies,Lies,Dectiption,misinformation and more lies

I wish I had found this place before I made the bad decision to enroll with this place...Big..Big..Mistake!!!

I enrolled at Ashford University Online in April, 2009.
After comunicating extensivly several times with the enrollment advisors and being reassured multiple times that All my tuition would be covered by my grants, which was re-confirmed by my advisors during the begining my first week of classes that all my paper work had been finalized and all my tuition was being paid for. However during the middle of my 2nd week I recieved a notice that I had no student aid and nothing was being paid for and that I was going to have to take out 2 intrest loans to attempt to pay for my tuition. I tried repeatedly to call and e-mail them to figure out what was going on and try to resolve the matter. But all I got in return was having my calls and mail ignored for the past week. 3 days into my third week of class after repetedly calling I finnaly got in touch with someone to actually talk to me. As it turns out I had been lied to and misinformed and minipulated from the very begining about my student aid and tuition coverage. When I tried to find out more about my fed. student aid and what else I could do to resolve the matter they kept trying to change the subject and get me to take out multiple intrest loans. When I continued further to find out more about my fed. student aid options they kept transfering me to other advisors and giving the run around. I called around locally tried to get advice from the local board of education, my old high school and a semi-local technical college they were all very suspisious and told me not to enroll or sign any thing further and dissenroll ASAP. It took 2 days to get into contact with them just for that. So today May 07 2009 I dissenrolled and now am held with a $1000+ bill for nothing more than 6 total wasted weeks and a worthless over priced book. All I can do is hope that this does not mess up my student aid for the future, or the chance of enrolling with a professional and legitamate school.
I just hope that this information can be used to help someone else to avoid from getting into this type of situation with such misinforative lying {so called} business.

And for other looking to complain further try the BBB {Better Business Burea} and the FTC {Federal Trade Commision}

Comments

• Re
      8th of Sep, 2009

I've got to ask how much free money you think you deserve. Ashford U is $60K+ for a BS degree and you thought it would be all grant money? I would blame yourself for being gullable. Even students who live in-state at public universities will end up needing 40-70% students loans in order to graduate.

Do your homework next time and remember, when someone tells you that college or cars or laptops or houses are free, they are wrong.

• Ay
      25th of Jan, 2011

PEOPLE NEED TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!! THERES NO SCHOOL NOR GRANT LARGE ENOUGH TO PAY FOR ALL OF SCHOOL!!! I CANT BELIEVE ALL THESE PEOPLE COMPLAINING... WHEN ALL I CAN SEE IS THEIR COMPLAINTS ARE THEIR OWN FAULT!! NOT THE SCHOOLS! ASHFORD IS A GREAT SCHOOL!!