Ashford Retreat/Radco Properties / scam, ripoff, lies

1 Marietta, GA, United States

This place is the worse! They have 3 leasing agents but the phones ring off the hook. My daughter has never been able to get through by calling them. Only when they call her. I have been hearing from friends they would've never rented from a radco property. Being that i'm not from ga I had no idea! However, they proved their horrible reputation is very true! When we couldn't get anybody on the phone was a red flag but I let my daughter decide to still go in person and apply.

She was approved and my daughter is in her very 1st apartment at this god forsaken property ashford retreat. First off they charged my child over $500 because she has no history of rent outside of my home. Should've told her f them right then. I found out other places would not have done that. But I let her go with who had the convenience of being close to her job. She applied for the apartment on the software in their office for a 2bd for $765. It offered her choices and she selected the unit she wanted. They had building numbers listed etc. When she was finished, she was at a desk with leasing agent sade and it all changed. Well you don't qualify with your pay to be in a 2bd but we can put in a 1bd for $885 sade told her. Yup, that's right she got over on us immediately!

My daughter accepted it because she wanted to move in. Then they say, we don't do weekend move ins so she had to wait til the following tuesday when sade was coming back in to move in. The place was horrible! Trash still in kitchen drawers from previous tenants, spider webs on the stove, rusty dishwasher (Which they replaced with another used rusty dishwasher) 2 weeks after move in, and so many other things we have photos and videos of. They stopped responding to emails and won't give her proof of what she uses for gas and water that they are billing her for. The property manager is a liar. She manages the property and is only concerned with its appearance. It looks ok on the outside but when you sign the lease it's your financial doom.

So eventually they decide to allow her into a 2bd but say rent is $900. Later they add on another $149 in trash, water, gas, pest control and other crap. None of this was added to her 1bd unit. Pest control never comes out so why is that her responsibility to pay for? So she ends up paying $1049 each month when she came in for a unit online advertised as $765. Their excuse was that the 2bd at that price wouldn't be availabe until june. That was never said in her initial meeting when she applied! And why is it an option to select gen applying if it's not available? And it didn't show will be available in june to applicants. They are scam artists! They refuse to address the concerns of mold in the apartment. And never fixed the ac 22 days in june. The property manager tahlala pope is rude as hell! She brags that cobb county is in favor of the landlords so she purposely does nothing because she wants you to go to court, thinking she will be successful in ruining people's lives. This evil woman wants to be white and she looks down on other black people. She is extremely ignorant and has no manners. She has no consideration of anyone. She is one of those that strive to make others unhappy. The corporate office does nothing to help when you come to them just like other people who reviewed said. They are just as unethical as the property manager and her young lover the assistant property manager shanaine lucas. They are obvious lovers so the assistant will never be more than the puppy dog puppet she is.

Maintenance can't seem to get anything done! We have been charting the inside temp for over a week and its never lower than 80 degrees inside! The humidity is always at 68 percent and higher. Again inside of the apartment. It has truly been a been hell for 4 months. My daughter regrets it and so do i. Do not rent from these people!!! Read all of the negative reviews online because are true! Save your money don't do it!!!

Of