ASF International / SECRET TO CANCEL AND GET RID OF THESE CROOKS

1 Highlands Ranch, CO, United States Review updated:

IN ORDER TO CANCEL YOU NEED TO FORWARD YOUR MAIL TO A FAMILY OR FRIENDS ADDRESS LOCATED OVER 25 MILES AND TELL THESE GUYS YOU MOVED AS PROOF PRESENT THE POSTAL SERVICE CONFIRMATION THAT YOU FORWARD MAIL TO THE NEW ADDRESS, THEN YOU CAN CHANGE ADDRESS BACK ALSO SOME CASES THEY WANT TWO PROOFS JUST HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND ADD AND PRINT A UTILITY BILL WITH YOUR NAME ON IT JUST TEMPORALLY AND ALSO TELL THEM YOU MOVE..THIS IS THE ONLY WAY OUT OF ANY CONTRACT WITH THESE CROOKS.. YOU CAN MAKE IT IF YOU FOLLOW EXACTLY THESE INSTRUCTIONS

Comments

Ti
  6th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Yeah...that's it..Lie, send them a fake address. Don't do it the right way or live to your agreement, people complain it's hard to cancel.. do it right and don't scam them..it's people like this that make it hard for others..I sent in real proof within 30 days and it was done.

Da
  7th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

THE TRUTH IS THAT THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS WHEN YOU DEAL WITH CROOKS NORMAL RULES DONT APPLY THEY HAVE THE WHOLE COMPANY SET UP IN A WAY THAT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO CANCEL ..THIS IS THEIR DEAL..IF YOU TRY TO CANCEL ..THEY WILL MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO DO SO...YOU WILL HAVE TO PRESENT A MILLION TIME THE HONEST PROOFS YOU HAVE MOVED...FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES ABOVE..IS TRUE YOU CAN CANCEL IF YOU PRESENT THOSE 2 PROOFS

Ch
  27th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I would not follow Carla Loness' instructions when it comes to cancelling a health club membership. What she instructs is fraud. We will be looking into Ms. Loness' file, which at that point, it will be activated and all past due balances will need to be paid. This complaint can be used as evidene against her.

Also, it is extremely unfortunate, that a site that was created for people that have legitimate complaints, has turned into a breeding ground for those who want to lie, cheat and steal...

Tim is correct... We do require more than one proof because people like "Carla Loness" ruined it for all those that are actually trying to cancel legititmately and understand their obligations under the agreement THEY signed.

Chris Peterson
Customer Relations Manager
ASF International

To
  23rd of Mar, 2009

Chris Peterson,

How about you and your company quit screwing people by charging them for memberships after they've been cancelled or have fulfilled their contract. You know how crooked you all are so quit trying to excuse it.
By the way, dipshit, you can't use the complaint of evidence of fraud against her. It could have been sent from anyone, anywhere. Get a life and get a lawyer.

Cl
  25th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes

How about the above comment be removed. Nice attitude..I can tell you probably cancelled the right way, nice langauge by the way, shows your integrity.. You need a club that's free...you sound like you might live life that way..wanting something for nothing or taking the lazy way out..Sounds like maybe wanna be lawyer.. got to be able to spell first and read a contract. Looks like you can't do either. You failed.

Ab
  9th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

To Chris Peterson & Club Owner, but more importantly Chris Peterson,

I am quite an honest person, and do not break the law. On my experience ASF is a fraudulent company. I am currently being wrongfully charged by ASF (this means you Chris). I have tried multiple time to cancel my membership, including notifying the BBB. I personally know that my contract I signed with a local gym DID NOT have any cancellation clause. Chris if you look at my contract (your company has locked up in some security vault) you would notice that I am telling the truth. I tried to get an ASF supervisor to do so, but surprise they had no ability to do such a thing. Figures. I am on board against ASF. Good luck to all who are being cheated.

Oh, and club owner, people tend to become a little mad when they are being cheated, and they have the right to act in such. Especially when its on a website called complaints board. Also, it sounds like you are a little biased in your response. Maybe you are getting paid from ASF to act in such a way yourself? Oh that's right... YOU ARE. :)

Af
  9th of Jul, 2009

If anyone uses fraud to stop ASF International from billing them, they are no better than ASF International who uses unethical means to continue billing people and bill rediculous "add on" fees and charges.

The problem comes in when people legitimately send the requested documentation to ASF International for the purpose of closing their account and ASF continues to bill them.

The problem with getting someone on the phone has dramatically improved. Oh, someone will answer the phone alright. They still absolutely will NOT help you by crediting you for erroneous charges, or for charging you after you've cancelled... but they WILL be very polite about the fact.

Don't do business with ANY club who uses ASF International. Tell EVERYONE you know. But take the NEXT step, too... send a letter to the club owner and tell them WHY you won't do business with them. ASF International couldn't care less if they make YOU mad... but they WILL care if they start losing club-clients.

Right, Chris Peterson?

Lo
  2nd of Sep, 2009

CHRIS is just a slave a loser, the owner we need to go after that LIZARD is the one ###inh everyone up DO NOT SIGNED ANYTHING WITH ASF INTERNATIONAL ON A CONTRACT DOWN TO THESE CROOKS

Lo
  2nd of Sep, 2009

I aggree love these guys SEE GO TO JAIL

Mm
  25th of Jan, 2010

THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS,

Us
  10th of Mar, 2010

I would like to say to Chris, though you feel people are being rude it does get really frustrating when talking with your agents and they are so rude. But more to the point my husband is in the US Army and was sent overseas. Now I am sure Chris you have never spent a year alone with two children and no family, but I have. This time I decide to go stay in NY with family. Now Chris, I sent in first my husbands orders from the united states government! I was told that didn't count do to it being in my name and not my husbands. Ok, fine Chris we see your company's views on the men and woman who give you your right to cheat everyone, but whatever. So second i sent in a lease, showing that all my utilities are included. No that wont work either. Then I sent in my change of address form, no I understand you have a problem with P.O. Box's but I have no other choice not to mention it is in NY and my contract is from GA. So Chris don't you think this is getting a little frustrating that I have to deal with all this? Now they want me to send in my daughter school records, I don't think so. That is her personal info. So now what Chris? I will say that I am done, alot of kids here on base use the same company I did I will be reporting it to the office here on post and having you put on the black list. Also I plain on seeing the JAG office as well because as your agent told me they are within there contract, though they do not have a copy of it. Well Chris I am with in the laws of the military to be removed from a lease or agreement such as this when my husband has orders from the military!

Angela

La
  25th of Mar, 2010

I disagree.

My experience with ASF Int was great!! I had a one year membership with Fitworks on my contract it stated it would renew to a month to month agreement and i could stop it with a 3o day notice in writting. I decided to go month to month and when i was ready to cancel the account I was able to call in an do a verbal cancellation it was fast and easy...I will continue to use gyms that use Asf as their billlling company.

Laura

Mz
  1st of Jun, 2010

This so called company ASF International is CRAZY!!! Me and my husband opened up an account together ath the world gym. My husband never had a contract with them. He was on a month to month agreement. My husband was told that he could cancel his agreement at anytime. My husband canceled his agreement back in 09 of december. Why are ASF Internation trying to bill me now? I was under my husband agreement. They took money out of my husbands account every month for both of us. They took there last payment out in decemeber for both of us. Now they are attacking me! This is so crazy,
I keep trying to explain to them that my husband canceled the aggreement and they show that in there system but they are trying to say my husband didnt cancel both accounts. Are they serious?
It was only one account. The reps at this company are horrible and so is managment. They are so rude. The hold time to speak with someone is inpossible! I am definately taking this all the way. They are trying to say to say that I am 40 days late. Companys like this are scary, I feel they are a fraud. I have spoken to 3 different managers they all are rude. The customer service level is horrible. The bad thing about it is the read all my husbands info to me including his credit card # that they were billing every month and still continue to say I had an agreement. My husband added me on his account. People like this make me so mad because they try and mess up your credit. What if I would of never opened the mail from these people they would have been able to just slap this on my credit. What sucks for them is that they will never be able to prove this is my account because I never signed anything. But just the thought of there poor customer service makes my stomach turn, and LEGAL action will be taken against these people. It just so happens that I am an attorney, and at this rate a PISSED one!!!

Da
  4th of Oct, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Everyone here is just pissed off because they FAILED to understand that THEY probably SIGNED UP for a 12 month contract which CAN be canceled any time, HOWEVER, YOU ARE STILL OBLIGATED TO FULFILL your 12 MONTH AGREEMENT! If it is a month to month contract and IT STATES "month to month" (typically with a 30 day billing clause) in the paperwork, AND you send in a proper cancellation (which if contract terms are met and followed should be as easy as a phone call OR letter of cancellation)...you should have no problem canceling! You people simply do not read, understand nor have the ability to follow directions...you are directing your anger at this company because you are incompetent and forced to pay for what you have committed to! It is no-ones goal to screw you...however gyms MUST put you under contract in order to function long term...or else they would have to charge INSANE monthly dues which noone would want to pay! And sorry, but if this companies practices were illegal AND doing business over state lines, they would have been in A FEDERAL COURT long ago and now out of business. I have NO RELATIONSHIP with ASF however I have been a gym member for 20+ years and have managed gyms for nearly 10. Take responsibility for your actions and decisions!

Au
  28th of Nov, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

I was told that to cancel my month to month, all I have to do is write them. I really AM moving and if they bill me in February, I'll put a stop payment on them. I'm notifying them the end of November, so I should have to pay Dec. and maybe Jan, but definitely not beyond that.

This company is GREAT for the seller and MISERY for the customer? Shouldn't be like that.

Will let you know if it doesn't work the way it should. Count on it and count on my complaining to my Congressmen, too.

Ma
  5th of Mar, 2011

Lie and make fake documents, who is the crook?

Ma
  20th of Jan, 2016

I am on disability I fell behind on my payments to the gym a few months ago. I owe 90$ to the gym. I have silver sneakers and can get a free membership with my insurance. I tried to switch to the free membership months ago but they wouldn't let me. January was the last of the twelve months for my membership i was told to come in and cancel it. I went in today and they told me I couldn't cancel my membership because I owe money. They will continue billing me. I can't afford to pay til March and it will cut into things I need like food. What is the point of them continuing to bill me. I'm sure I can't use the gym because I am past due so what am I being billed for I already tried to cancel and they wouldn't accept it. My disability is I have Schizophrenia and I had a brain injury from a hit and run driver. If anyone on this board works at fitworks and can get my membership canceled let me know. My name is Martin Malloy

Wi
  20th of Jan, 2016

First off, you have to eat and pay the rent. In hard times, if you can't pay all your bills, prioritize. Some will make you feel guilty for not paying this gym what "they are owed". But if that means you can't eat or pay the rent, there's no shame in stopping payment. If it's what you have to do because times are tough, it's what you have to do.

I don't know what the repercussions would be. Maybe just annoying creditors sending you letters. Maybe they'd sue for "their" money. Unlikely, but possible.

If the contract is expired I can't see how they could keep billing your more though. That sounds dirty.

Bw persistent. Be a nuisance if you have to. You'd be surprised what you can get accomplished with a little persistence. Find out who the ranking person in charge at this facility is and demand to speak with that person. Write letters. Etc.

Just don't give up.