ASC / Hostile foreclosure

My home recently was foreclosed on by ASC, due to what they call NON-PAYMENT. I was 1 month behind on a payment due to financial difficulties. I contacted this company to make a partial payment, which they would not receive. The very next month my financial situation returned to normal, and now I was able to make a full payment. This company demanded full payment and blocked me from the payment log-in on companies website. This behavior continued for 3 months despite me trying to make all of my payments, less that 1 payment. They started charging several unknown fees along with interest. I contacted them at least 4, sometimes 5 times a month, speaking with everyone from customer service to loss litigation. I was given every excuse from "just send in what you have", to "we'll put the missed payment on the end of the loan and you will be current Mr. Ramsey". Nevertheless I sent in all late payments that they would not take, including the missed payment. They still foreclosed on my home stating that they didn't receive my check. I had to cancel my check after mailing it to them 4 weeks later. Its ironic that the parent company of ASC is Wells Fargo Mortgage and Wells Fargo bought my home at the foreclosure sale and re-sold it to ASC. It is also ironic that a vehicle displaying the Wells Fargo sticker on the side was seen riding by my home on several occasions by me, after I missed 1 payment. And last but not least, it is extremely ironic that all of these aforementioned activities took place after my property value skyrocketed $20,000 in one year and is on a continual rise due to it's location. I am not accusing this company of anything, but my case is just IRONIC! Now my credit is destroyed to the point that I can't even rent an apartment. I am a police officer with 5 kids and a wife and a victim of underground, loophole jumping, non governmental enforcing MORTGAGE COMPANY HOME JACKING!

Comments

18th of Jun, 2007

Looks like someone needs to look up the definition of the word "ironic" in the dictionary.

• Ho
      1st of Aug, 2007

What does being a cop with kids and a wife have anything to do with this? What scares me is you are a cop, are you as bad a cop as you are in home finances? Just like you say to your suspects, there’s more here than you are telling. Oh and read you contract, you will find that just one payment missed is reason to foreclose or demanding full payment of the total loan. You could have easily worked out a forbearance agreement when the problem first happened. I do not know of a single mortgage contract that will accept a partial payment. The very seconded you get in trouble, what is anyone advised to do? Call your creditors!!! Even ASC will work with you.

• Ju
      7th of Nov, 2007

There is no way that a mortgage company is going to foreclose if you are one month late. In fact, Wells Fargo gives you a 30 day grace period to pay your mortgage payment, as do most other mortgage companies. And most companies (Wells Fargo included) will bend over backward if you call them if you are going to be late. You could have worked out a payment arrangement, gotten a forbearance, or in worst case scenario filed for bankruptcy. But they never would have foreclosed after one month. Foreclosure is a complicated procedure and by law they have to give you options. Sounds like you are in a bit of denial and unwilling to accept the responsibility for your own actions.

• Re
      19th of Feb, 2009

I WILL CHAIN SAW MY HOUSE DOWN TO THE FLOOR LEVEL BEFORE I LEAVE THE HOUSE BECAUSE OF FORECLOSURE, I WILL PUT LIQUID CEMENT IN EVERY TOILET, SINK AND HOLE I CAN FIND, SEE IF THE CAN MAKE ANY PROFIT OUT OF ALL THE SWEAT I INVESTED FOR SO MANY YEARS OF HARD WORK.