ASAP Relocations / Do research before hiring these scammers!

Beware of ASAP Relocations. Prior to my issue, in the last 36 months, they had 95 complaints from the BBB.
I was the 96th. And they have another already.
On 9/25/06, I received an email from brian@asaprelocations.com, Confirmation Number 26642, to use ASAP Relocation services to move on 10/7/06. I spoke to Brian on the telephone on 9/28/06 described the move, Brian estimated the cost to be about $750. In a confirmation email Brian states
"We have placed your reservation for a local move from Fair Oaks, CA 95628 to Roseville, CA 95661 on 10/7/2006.
We will provide you with a crew of 3 professional movers and a fully-loaded moving truck at $105/hr for a minimum of 4 hours plus double drive time. We are prepared to meet or beat any better offer made by a fully licensed, bonded and insured moving company.

This price includes:
* Loading and unloading
* Disassembling and reassembling of your furniture

Of course they were late. We told the movers that we had all packing supplies we needed, but when the movers ran out of blankets they used cardboard to wrap the refrigerator, washer and dryer, and then charged us. The movers also charged over $600 for "unpacking", in addition to the hourly rate. The total cost was over $1,900. When I stated I disagreed, the mover told me to call the dispatcher, whom then told me to call the salesperson, whom of course was not available. The mover told me that if I would not pay the extra charges, they would take my furniture back to their warehouse and I would be charged for storage and the extra time for loading, unloading and travel.

Surfing the web you will find other stories about them, ALL Bad. I should have done my research before hiring these scammers.

Va

More ASAP Relocations Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Va
      8th of Jan, 2007

Regarding the complaint about ASAP Moving company I must say that I strongly disagree.

Due to my work I have had to move several times in the last few years and I have always used ASAP. From the first to the last time I hired them they have been on time and my belongings have always been delivered without a scratch. I find their service to be very professional and I would recommend any one that is about to move, to hire them.

• Je
      23rd of Jan, 2007

This company is so fraudulent...Tessa Cartier who submitted the positive recommendation is the moving company owner's girlfriend! She has never hired a moving company and has only lived in the US for a couple of years!

Don't trust this company. I selected them because of all their advertising...don't believe it! You'll be making the same mistake I did. You'll be charged at least double, your belongings will be damaged, there are hidden fees, your belongings will be delivered late. The employees don't even go by their real names! Please, please, please select a different company!!

When it comes to your personal belongings it worth spending a little extra to go with the truly "professional" well-known companies.

• Me
      16th of Nov, 2007

I am pasting my review from Yelp so i can reach out to as many potential customers as possible.

HORRIBLE!! HORRIBLE!! HORRIBLE!! Avoid at all costs!
    We had a 1 bedroom move and were having a great move until the foreman made a rough calculation of our moving costs [after reaching destination but before unloading]. He charged us for 4.5hrs which was appropriate. However he charged us $246 for moving supplies which we weren't even sure we used. He charged us for supplies such as 11 rolls of tapes and 64 ft of bubble wrap when only 2 tvs were bubble wrapped. We were shocked but made the payment in cash. After the unloading was done, he made us sign an invoice which said that we had used 4 crates and 4 mirror cartons besides other moving supplies. The total was still $246. HOWEVER, we did NOT use any crates. We only used 2 cartons. Since there was no place to mention the tape and bubble wrap, the foreman had to bring the total to $246 by saying that we used more crates and cartons, OR SO WE THOUGHT!!! I called ASAP Relocations the next day to confirm this and they told me that the foreman was not supposed to charge for the bubble wrap and the tapes. But because I had signed the invoice, they believed the foreman who said that i had used 4 crates and 4 cartons. They refused to do ANYTHING about it!!! I would really advise avoiding these movers at ALL COST! They are liars and cheats and overcharge as a regular business process.

• Ve
      22nd of Feb, 2008

I strongly disagree with all the complaints posted in this website. I am an ex-customer of ASAP and they did a great job. The movers are hardworkers and very honest. Their prices are reasonal and inexpensive compared to all the work they have to do. One company, specially a moving company, can't keep all their customers happy. I understand because I work with customer service at a retail store, and believe me even if we try, you are not going to make everyone happy. Their is always gooing to be a group of people who are going to be difficult and try to get something out of you. I've learned that the hard way, but my expirience with ASAP Relocations was satisfactory...they are a professional moving company and it's not fair because of a couple of people you make the company look bad. I already recommended them to a couple of friends and they all agree with me. I have one more thing to say..." People, do not beleive everything you read or hear"

• Le
      22nd of Feb, 2008

I strongly disagree with these comments. I have moved with ASAP in the past and they were just great. I also recommended them to friends and family. I got the same feedback from them. By the comments posted here it seems like we're talking about two seperate companies. All you people should really get over it. Not everyone is going to be happy......oh well thats life....All I know is that they took good care of me and of the people I recommended them to. They are professional and hardworkers and they know how to take care of their customers.

• Ka
      23rd of Apr, 2008

WATCH OUT SCAM!!!

Hire this company if you would like a damaged apartment, damaged items, horrible customer service and a bill triple of what was quoted. This company has NO physical address. They use rented trucks and they hire illegal day labors that are not employed by the company. They are a bunch of scam artists who know how to work the system and do the bare minimum to stay under the radar. They change their name and their address as well as their insurance carriers almost as often as you would change your socks.

• Cr
      9th of May, 2008

This complaint sounds to me like an angry customer that did not get a free move.

I have a corporate account with ASAP, I use them all the time to relocate my employees. Never did I have a problem with them. Timing can be off sometimes, but that is fair because they cannot be perfect. NO ONE IS.

Anyway, I promised them that I would place my experience against all compliants online for them and thats why I am doing so.
    They are not a bad company.

• Ge
      30th of May, 2008

DO NOT USE ASAP RELOCATIONS!!! they are currently holding my stuff in california for a move to new york, where it hasnt moved for over two weeks now. my first possible move in date is tomorrow and they are trying to tell me now that "1st possible move in date" means the first date it could "possibly leave the warehouse". absolutely ridiculous. this is on top of the fact that i had a small amount of stuff in a storage facility, most of it in boxes and they charged me $400 in additional packing material, BUT ANOTHER $500 ON TOP OF THIS AS A FEE TO PACK MY STUFF USING THEIR PACKING MATERIALS.

this is completely fraudulent to charge $900 for packing a few items (2 rugs, a bed, a table) on top of agreed upon costs.

****also, they refuse to correspond about anything move related by email once you have signed a contract**** this is seriously shady and luckily i had the foresight to record my phone conversations with them as i anticipate legal action in the near future. you have to talk to them over the phone and THEY TOLD ME TWICE THAT MY STUFF WAS STILL DUE TO ARRIVE WHEN I ASKED FOR IT (TOMORROW), ALL TO GET ME TO WIRE AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT OF MONEY TO REACH HALF OF THE COSTS (IT WENT UP BC OF THE 900$ FOR A FEW BOXES). ONCE THE MONEY WAS IN THEIR ACCOUNT, THEY TOLD ME MY STUFF WAS STILL IN CALIFORNIA AND THAT IT WILL COME WHEN IT GETS THERE...!!!

AN ABSOLUTE NIGHT MARE AND I HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN MY STUFF YET. WHO KNOW WHAT WILL BE MISSING OR WHAT WILL BE DAMAGED WHEN IT ARRIVES?!?!?!

do not, i repeat do NOT, use ASAP. if i am lucky, my stuff will arrive in the next 3 weeks. i will be pursuing legal action against ASAP if i am missing even a pair of socks or there is a scratch on one item when it comes, if it ever does

STAY AWAY !!!

• Me
      8th of Jul, 2008

PLEASE READ THIS!!! NEVER EVER USE ASAP! They stole half of my belongings and did not care at all! ALL of my photo albums, my jewelry, my collection of CD's 1, 000 plus. They were horrible to deal with, they never calle dme back until I got a lawyer! I ended up taking them to court and had to settle because I had signed a contract that didn't ask for more than .60 cents per pound! I think even the judge wanted to kill this guy but couldn't. He wanted to offer me $40 for everything! All I really cared about were my photos that I can never replace! They are awful people and an awful company...not to mention the few things that did show up...way late... were broken.

I believe anyone responding to these messages are clearly from the company or friends with them because they are crooks!

• Sc
      19th of Aug, 2008

A.S.A.P Relocations or Relocations 4.1.9 is a bunch of thieves to be remove from our streets.

read a full account of how they operate below:

WWW.asaprelocationscam.com
    WWW.Relocations419.com

• Br
      24th of Sep, 2008

ASAP Relocations delivered all my boxes, except my computer! It's a little suspect to me that that's the only box missing. They continue to give me the run around and from the start have had no interest in fixing this situation. There has been no sense of urgency or even caring. I don't care about claims or money, I just want what's mine. How could anyone consider hiring a company whose job it is to protect and move peoples property and then when they loose it say, "Oh well!" I am going to do everything I can to shut this company down if I have to burn it to the ground myself.

• Ga
      7th of Oct, 2008

This arrogant businessowner from some slum on the East Coast just stole a truckload of our furniture today and the police said it was a civil issue. He is now holding it hostage. Call me at 949.632.2500 if you want to join with a lawyer to put him out of business. I guess all the East coast feel entitled to steal, look at what those bankers in white shirts and stockholders just did.

• Bu
      27th of Oct, 2008

This "company" indeed DOES lie about their name and they lie about their address. I have not used them to move, but I did call and ask them to repspect the rules of Craig'slist and stop SPAMMING the forum. They were rude and nasty to the point of being EVIL. They threatened to SPAM even more ads to make me pay for asking them to show respect. They are SKAMMERS without common decency or respect for anyone. Their reviews that are positive are most all sritten by the witches that work in the office. Fortunately they are so unintelligent that can't even hide that fact very well. THEY ARE NOT A GOOD COMPANY...STAY AWAY

• Ju
      19th of Nov, 2008

I am planning to file a law suit against the moving company - please, get in contact with me asap (no pun intended!)

julianbrice@yahoo.com