ASAP Motors / Awful company

United States Review updated:

I ordered an engine from ASAP, they told me it would take them 5 days to deliver it. Two weeks later, it finally arrived, my mechanic mounted the engine only to find out that it was defective, it knocked a lot and smoked like crazy. I called ASAP, informed them about the situation, they said that it smoked because of the oil they put in the engine to preserve it, but it would eventually stop after a couple days. What about the interior knocking?? Tell your mechanic to adjust the lifters, sometimes they come loose during transport. ASAP would pay for the adjustments, they said they didn't think it could be any more than $100 or $200.

My mechanic told me that if would cost a lot more to fix this problem, and that I was better off getting another engine. So I decided to send back the motor, and I also asked for a refund. ASAP said they would refund me on 9/1/08, but nothing happened. I called them back two days after, and they told me on 9/4/08. I called back on the 7th and I talked to Jason, he said he was going to find out what happened with my refund and call me back. Today is the 12th and I haven't received any phone calls from ASAP. I called again several times and asked for Jason, but the answer is that ' he is not in today'. I still haven't receive a refund to this day.
An

Comments

Cr
  3rd of Aug, 2009
My husband ordered a motor and our auto guy noticed they put the wrong oil pan wrong dip stick and due to the fact we r broke we took our old one and put it with this used motor from asap I felt a bad vibe from day 1 with these guys they also told us we would recive it in a few days took 2 weeks and its crap.2 days after getting our car back it stalls now donest run dont waste you money !!!

ASAP Motors Logo ASAP Motors