Arthur Fan Of HSBC Canada - Feels Demand Draft Clearance Need 30 Days. / hsbc sucks

Canada, Ontario, Mississauga Review updated:
Chinese centre.
Mr. Arthur fan hsbc mississauga chinese centre branch ruined my business and tried to mislead me.
He still believes that demand draft require 30 days to get fully credited which I deposited on 17th feb 2009.
This bank wants to make undue interest income from your valuable money.

We in civilized world know demand draft is as good as money. But this gentleman from hsbc has his own home grown native rules, just because he failed to realise that there is difference between demand draft and check which was in english. Ofcourse english is hard to understand for many in this bank branch where chinese is medium of communication (unofficial).
I suggest him to take english lessons and wish him good luck. So that he does justice to his job.

Due to this type of service and inefficient lethargic staff, we can see 1000s of complaints about hsbc on internet.

Just type "hsbc complaints" in google, you will hit 1000s of mathing complaints.

This makes them one of worst banking service these days, something which was glorious banking a decade ago.

A  3rd of Mar, 2009 by
I presume Mississauga Chinese Centre branch do not cater to corporate, medium or big size business. It is basically immigrant oriented bank catering to local business of grocery shops and stores in and around Chinese Centre.

You cannot expect good service from them. Why not consider banking with more reputable bank? In canada on whole HSBC is rated very poor service with worst customer service.
A  11th of Aug, 2009 by
I completely agree with you both. I am East Indian and whenever I used to go into the branch, I felt like a second class citizen. HSBC is the WORST bank that I have ever dealt with! One time, they lost $1180 in cash and then, only after I looked at my bank statement, it "magically" appeared at head office. Then, they lost a $4000 cheque! I wish they get out of Canada because their practices and stealing is not welcome here!
N  12th of Jun, 2010 by
I partially agreed with you that some HSBC branches may not provide 100% qualify services to customers. I also had unhappy experience with some of the branches. So, did you try another branches to compare? According to my experience, some HSBC branches do have good services. By the way, posting somebody's name may not a good idea.
A  16th of Feb, 2011 by
I have an HSBC demand draft presented via my bank since December 15. Today is February 16 and HSBC has not paid nor returned the draft. Next, HSBC until early this month had on their website an open invitation to scamsters to place stop orders on drafts even if services had been provided or merchandize been delivered. They apparently took that down when I filed a complaint with the Federal Reserve Bank. On five separate occasions I tried to have the draft confirmed, HSBC personnel refused.