Art Of Concrete / Awful company

Art Of Concrete
950 S. Central Avenue
Phone: 724-873-5140
I contacted several concrete companies about having my backyard patio replaced. Offer from Dave Ainscough from Art of Concrete was competitive, and I was told work would be done within 4-6 weeks. To be placed on their work schedule, they required down payment of 20% ($1440.00) which I paid. They ultimately called me nearly six months later to say they would 'be in my neighborhood' and could do the work. By then I decided they breached their initial time line (and made no attempts to contact me or explain why) I decided I no longer wanted the work done by them. Art of Concrete did offer to refund my deposit 'when they can.' It has now been nearly ten months, none of the work has been done nor has any of the deposit been refunded despite my contacting the Better Business Bureau. I guess a lawyer is next. Please don't use Art of Concrete for any of your concrete work!

A  17th of Jun, 2009 by
A poorly run company, with workers who think close enough is good enough. I am still trying to get a job completed that was begun 2 months ago. I had to constantly supervise the work as it was being done, because their grasp of geometry and construction principles leaves a lot to be desired. They were happily willing to cover over all the foundation drainage, claiming there was none because they couldn't find it. Not to mention the delays, the excuses, more delays, and more excuses. Despite my constant surveillance, they still managed to botch the framing of a simple step, which affected the stamped border next to it. The step had to be made because it was damaged when they removed the existing concrete. They have yet to make the stencil for the etched design (after 2 months), apply the design, install a drain, and replace the botched step. What would have happened had I not been at home every day? I shudder to think. Stay away.
N  8th of Jul, 2009 by
you need to contact to Contractors State Licensing board of your state.
They are part of consumers affairs department.
BBB is useless.

Concrete boots?
Since you know so much why do you hire them? Maybe you should do the job yourself?

Art Of Concrete Logo Art Of Concrete