ART / AUSTRALIA??/UNITED KINGDOM ?? / CHECK FRAUD

1 TX, United States Review updated:

ASPERSONAL ASSISTANT NEEDED URGENTLYMonday, August 2, 2010 9:35 AM
From: "Thomas Johnson" <goodyear1011@live.com>View contact detailsTo:
Dear Applicant,

I was checking on craigslist for assistant/personal assistant and found your post. I am Thomas Johnson, Where are you located? I would love to meet up with you to talk about this job but I am currently away on business. I am presently in the Australia so there will be no interview, I will pre-pay you in advance to do my business errands. I will also have my mails and packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at your house to get my mails, I can have it shipped to a post office close to you and then you can pick it up at your convenience. When you get my mails/packages; you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. You don't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal its content.

The content of the packages are artworks, drawing and paintings and personal letters. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me.You will work between 18 and 20hrs a week How much will you charge per-week ? I will be paying $500 per-week for this position. That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town. I work in real estate and I own Small Art Gallery in Victoria { Australia }. I will return to the States by September 30 2010 so this process will be going- on till I get back in August 30th. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.

Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position. I will email you the list and pictures of what to shop for when I am ready. No heavy packages is involved! You can do the shopping at any nearest stores. You will be shopping for artworks, drawing and paintings. I will provide you my personal UPS account number for Shipping. All you have to do is provide my account number to UPS and shipping charges will be applied into the account. I will provide clear set of instructions for each task I need done as well the funds to cover them. If I were to mail you money to do my shopping plus upfront payment for your service, where would you want it mailed to? How should your name appear on the money? Maybe you can provide me with the following details below.

Full Name:
Full Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Age and Sex:
Phone Number:

Get back to me with the required details above, So that the pay-check can be forward to you as soon as possible and I will appreciate quick response from you.Thanks and please get back to me asap and confirm this mail asap.

Next Email Sent :

Payment Sent Out.Friday, August 13, 2010 8:29 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Thomas Johnson" <connectme71@yahoo.com>View contact detailsTo: connectme71@yahoo.comHello There,
How are you doing today. Sorry i didn't respond sooner, i was away on a business trip. The payment has been sent out already which you will receive in couple of days by EXPRESS MAIL. I placed an order for some beautiful artwork and decors with an art gallery in London, United Kingdom. Kindly get back to me as soon as you received it for further instruction.
Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.
Warm regards,
Thomas Johnson

Final EMAIL FROM THIS PERSON READS:

You will receive payment today.Monday, August 16, 2010 3:42 AM

Hello There,
How are you doing today. You will receive the EXPRESS MAIL today. Kindly get back to me as soon as you received it for further instruction about some beautiful artwork and decors with an art gallery in London, United Kingdom.
Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.
Warm regards,
Thomas Johnson

Recieved a CASHIERS CHECK for $3, 900 drawn on FFITH THIRD BANK
CHECK NUMBER : [protected]: [protected]: [protected]
Drawn Under : Fifth Third Bank, Kentucky, Inc...Lexington, Ky.
Cost Center Number: 46306
Signature: Jane Temple
Transaction Number:-none

check was sent from :
Elaine Dunse
S11221 Fox RD
SAUK CITY WI [protected]
commercial USPS Clip-N-Ship Express Mail --- they paid $26 to do this ..how stupid!

Don't have a picture of the check or i'd share it!
LOOKED IT UP ! to be sure it wasn't a scam: sounded fishy!

Found a website that was Warning of this particular Routing number being used fraudulantly:
" [protected]1"
it is actually the routing number of another bank ..then i knew it was fake! Funny thing is that it looked like a real legitimate check and contained all of the correct items on the check so if i hadn't investigated it i would probably have been in loads of trouble for even attempting to cash it.. SO ..BEWARE for all of you looking for work in these hard times and especcially look out for predators on CRAIGSLIST ...Laura

Comments

27th of Sep, 2010

Just recieved the same craigslist email almost evrbatum, ...thanks Laura
    Matt Oakley
    Ctm-kool inc.
    ctm-kool.webs.com

27th of Sep, 2010

Just received this verry same e-mail, ...almost verbatum. thanks Laura.

Matt Oakley
    Ctm-Kool Inc.
    ctm-kool.webs.com

• Da
      15th of Oct, 2010

That is crazy I just received that email from that thomas johnson person. So he is fake I knew it wasnt real. Well I fall for it so when I get the check I will know it is fake and will report it. I will post a picture of it on here.

20th of Oct, 2010

I got this E-Mail today I thought it would be to good to be true so I cheeked it out and came across this site. Just goes to show there are a lot of ### balls out there that just don't care. I am a signal father of two boy who is struggling as it is and this [censored] is trying to take food out of my little boys mouth. People like him should be killed!!!

• Ke
      21st of Oct, 2010

Got the same email. First thing I did was a Google search and this thread came up. Thanks for the posts.

• Mz
      21st of Jun, 2011

Recieved a check in the mail with my name on it.
    Crazy Scam... sucks that they send it to people that are really hurting. They sent an overnight fed ex... ridiculous.
    How did they get my name... my address... very puzzling

From these people... package from: Anthony Starling,
    Check from Jane Temple.
    It even has watermark and FDIC information..
    Routing number