Arokan / Scam and cheating!

1 South Africa Review updated:

I rented a car from arokan and instead of doing the check on you credit card to see if you have the money required for the deposit they charged me the amount. It has now been over 7 weeks and i have been in contact with them over 20 times and they do not seem to be willing to return my deposit. The amount was for 15000 rand or 2000 euro which i am afraid that i will never see. I have tried a lot of different things to get them back but nothing seems to work.

Are there anyone who knows what to do? i live in Denmark and this transaction occurred while on holiday in south africa i january.

Cheers,
Ulrik.

Comments

3rd of May, 2008
    Arokan - FRAUDULENT CREDIT CARD CHARGE
    AROKAN
    South Africa

I RENTED A VEHICLE FROM AROKAN IN CAPE TOWN. PART OF THEIR PROCESS WAS TO TAKE A SECURITY DEPOSIT AGAINST MY CREDIT CARD. I PAID CASH AFTER RETURNING THE VEHICLE WITH NO DAMAGE. THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD MORE THAN US$2786.00 IN FRAUDULENT CHARGES. THEY HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO MULTIPLE TELEPHONE CALLS AND EMAILS. I AM PURSUING LEGAL AND DIPLOMATIC AVENUES TO GET THIS RESOLVED. I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE DONE THIS TO OTHERS AND ARE/HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN LEGAL ACTION WITH DINERS CLUB AND AMERICAN EXPRESS.

• Sy
      4th of Jul, 2008

The same thing happen to me - 10, 000 rand security deposit to my credit card, car returned, no reply to emails. BANK OF AMERICA REVERSED THE CHARGE AND CREDITED ME THE 10, 000 RAND after 45 days "investigating it". ASK YOUR BANK TO DO THE SAME AND SHOW THEM YOU'RE NOT ALONE IN BEING STUNG BY ROY THE RUSSIAN SCAM CON ARTIST AND THIEF. !

• Aa
      28th of Oct, 2008

hello,
    sorry for the inconvienance.
    just to inform, that arokan closed down the business in may 2008!!!
    Because our company Classic cars took the lease, we would like to point out, that we have NO connections whatshowever with the arokan business, we just let those premises.
    Because we feel sorry as well about those things, we will offer clients from arokan, an 25 % Discount on any rental with us, just to point out, that our understanding from doing business is diffrent!!!

We hope to see you soon, regards

andreas anuszek

• Ca
      3rd of May, 2009

I have tracked Roy Aronowsky down...he is no longer in South Africa. If anyone is interested in joining me to press charges of theft, fraud and criminal activity in the country where he is currently visiting, please contact me at: catch.an.arokan.thief@gmail.com

• Ph
      6th of Sep, 2009

Can please somebody give me some more information on Roy Aronowsky, about what he did in this Arokan company, what was his position, what exactly frauds he made with people's money. I would appreciate any additional information, as I got to know the guy from different angle and would like to reveal the truth.

Please write to my anonymous email address: demos.phobus@yahoo.com

Thank you!

• Sy
      22nd of Sep, 2009

Shame there's no follow up posting on what happened with the creep / fraudster Roy Aronowsky of Arokan, CApetown.

It would be good to see him behind bars. He'd probably like it though, being a great Russian FAB he'd probably enjoy the experience in many ways !

Synched66@hotmail.com

• Th
      15th of Jun, 2011

If only everyone knew what Roy Aronowsky of Arokan got up to, you would cringe. He is a top criminal, having used gun-toting "strong men" to do his dirty work, which included many offences in this country. He often used his Tourette syndrome as an excuse to yell and swear at clients, even his own staff. When dealing with staff, he would have you investigated and look for something in your past to blackmail you to force you into his bed. He is a gay male of Jewish decent by the way and have many Russian associates. I know that he would hold massive deposits on exotic cars and roll money on transactions and delay deposits for the silliest reasons. Some people never got their money back when they went under. He treated everyone as criminals and also got involved with the internet cafe business with 2 friends. If he is still in the country, I have an address as I know where he used to live. He also used to have a letter from a "Doctor" when his clients confronted him about his "Tourettes". He is a very dangerous man so you are warned not to work with his man.