Army Pre-Shaped Beret / Not as advertised

1 Jamaica, NY, United States Review updated:

Beware when you buy from this store. I ordered a pre-shaped beret from this store. The beret advertised pre shaped and inspection ready. When I received the beret it was preshaped with the fold to the left. This would mean you would have to reshape the beret. I contacted customer service . This person did everything he could to tell me I was wrong. He eventually called me back and stated they would refund my money and send me a new beret. A month later I never received anything. After contacting customer service several times. I finally got in contact with them. He stated he issued me a store credit which I never have received. I have 18 years in the Army and have never dealt with anything this bad when it comes to customer service. I will chalk up the $27.51 as a loss. Soldiers beware do not buy from this store!!! I cannot imagine how many other Soldiers have been screwed by these guys. This company also called me at work and threatened me afte I wrote the first review.

Comments

• Al
      30th of Nov, 2008

mcss has the wrong attitude.

• Sf
      12th of Apr, 2009

So let me get this right. A Master Sergeant, with over 18 years service in the Army is wrong about how to wear the beret, and you, a salesperson is ignoring every rule about customer service and pointing that out in a public forum. Am I correct?

Nice.

• Ca
      15th of Aug, 2009

MSG Knapp, CPT Planet "Courageous", and SFC Walters all like to take it in the ###!!!

• Sg
      1st of Oct, 2009

CPT Crunch are you even in the military? Either you got kicked out or you went AWOL and got caught or the military has done you unjustice. lol, or are you sore you never made it to those ranks LMAO

• Ca
      28th of Apr, 2010

so where is a good place to get a Pre-shaped and pre-shaven beret? and MCSS really 10, 000 Berets and not one complaint?? you want everone to belive that?

• Bt
      3rd of May, 2010

I was about to order two myself. Thank you MSG. From the customer service rep's note, I can conclude that the beret was not up to standards. Soldiers go through this everyday, and most of them are scared to report or post comments online. Why listed the MSG's name online? CPT Crunch I wonder how well you feel you represent the officers' corps. I am a CPT as well, and your comment tells me you are one of those who might have spent time at LW before getting booted out. It great that the Amry got rid of individuals like this CPT. MSG, I hope every one in your unit is aware of it. I would take a picture send it to all and show the beret around to all as well. As yuou know, the military is the most appealing prey to all kind of businesses regardless of their level of customer service.

Blue Scorpion.

• To
      21st of Jul, 2010

WOW! I was just about to purchase on before i ran across this site with customer reviews and the customer svc rep is totally out of line. I have 21 years of svc and if a MSG says that the beret is setup wrong i will take his word over a CSR any day.

• Ho
      30th of Jul, 2010

Another thing about their website is that they don't even list other items correctly. They have USAF service caps that are honor guard caps listed as standard service caps. The difference is the silver chin strap, the Hap Arnold cap device and the silver edging to the brim. Those are all black on a service cap and the cap device is entirely different for non-honor guard caps. The enlisted cap states its honor guard, but only after going in and reading the information.

A simple check of AF regs, or the AF uniform site would tell you that the listing is wrong. I'm inclined to believe the MSG.

• 2l
      1st of Sep, 2010

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I was about to buy a beret from MCSS until I read the MSG's comment. I certainly have no apprehensions about taking a Master Sergeant's word on something uniform related.

Appreciate the heads up.

-2LT with 8 years prior enlisted SSG (P).

• Jl
      17th of Oct, 2010

MCSS,

I thank you the most for writing what you did about said MSG Knapp. When I read comments, I don't just read what is there - if you do that then you are an ignorant individual. Anybody can write anything and people will believe it. Unfortunately people believe what they read; the media loves this. Anybody could have read what was written, but still ordered from MCSS, even though they knew of the possible repercussions. Anyways, you shot yourself in the [censor] while blind firing on the the internet.

MSG Knapp, never mentioned his name nor his rank, but you gladly pointed this out to the public (which I am sure is illegal [privacy act]). After doing that you of course told a veteran MSG, that he doesn't know how to wear a beret. That is like telling a baby he doesn't know how to cry; it is automatic.

And of course your final concluded with the 10, 000 berets sold with no complaint. Thats quite a few berets shipped to quite a few people, and you mean to tell me that not one person has complained? Have you grown up in the same USA that I have? Have you observed the same thing that I see every time I turn on TV; griping and complaining? Complaining is what people do. I think that I have already spent enough of my time complaining. You know, the same complaining that was contained in your rebuttal to "MSG Knapp".

23rd of Jun, 2011

it is possible a MSG does not really know how to wear a beret. i see it everyday a bunch of NCO's wearing the beret like some french chef! so yes it is possible this 18 year MSG has his head up his ### and is really just stupid