Armed Response & Monitoring / Refusal to Cancel Membership

South Africa Review updated:

I would like to lodge a complaint against a Security Company, Stramforce Security, who refuses to cancel my membership with themselves. I August 2011, after being with Starmforce Security for 3 and a half years I cancelled my security membership via a fax instruction. My original monitoring contract with them lasted 3 years. I continued to utilize their services but I was not very happy with their service. When a new security company, MSS (Malmesbury Security Services) came to our area, I cancelled my membership with Stramforce and joined MSS.

To date Stramforce is continuing to debit my account. I have placed a stop payment instruction on my account but Stramforce refuses to cancel their debit order instruction. I have spoken to the owner of Stramforce on numerous occasions as well as via email but with no avail. Stramforce has now proceded to hand me over to debt collectors to recover outstanding amounts they claim I owe to them.

Please can you assist me urgently.

Comments

15th of Apr, 2012

If you have a contract with any cellphone company and the contract gets renewed after the initial period and in between you decide to sign another contract with another company, obviously you therefore need to pay both contracts until the first contract expires. Unfortunately a lot of clients were told by MSS they don't need to cancel by us or they can cancel with immediate effect .

• Lu
      10th of Aug, 2013

I agree if you signed another contract. But It sounds to me that Kevin was using Stramforce on a month to month basis after his initial contract ran out. I too am reporting Stramforce as I am not able to get hold them. Do they even still exist? I'll start with Hello Peter and take further action from there.

15th of Aug, 2014

Andre en sy vrou het vir 'n kort tydjie by ons gewerk en is hier weg met 'n groot skikking. Kontak ons gerus vir meer inligting.

• Ta
      30th of Dec, 2015

As ek dit nie verkeerd het nie het hulle met 'n groot skikking van julle af weggegaan, Mandi, vir dieselfde rede as wat hulle die CCMA saak gewen het. Julle wat ongeskikte werksgeriewe en veiligheids maatreëls gehuisves het in julle onderneming en julle werknemers soos grond behandel het. Al verskil is dat hulle iets daaraan gedoen het sedert die ander werknemers nie kon nie. Indien jy so aanhou sal dit gesien word as naamskending en sal ek hulle inlig hiervan en u sal in kontak kom met hul regsverteenwoordiger. Byvoorbaat dank