Arise / Fraud and scam

Arise hires employees with the premise that IF you successfully pass training and several exams you can work for an employer. I feel as though Arise misconceives people knowing that there may be only several slots opened with a particular company, but take a great deal of money from many unknowingly applicants (in one of my classes there were about 26 students, but only several successfully qualified and were able to work for that one employer) for those to few positions.

In order to become eligible to train for a particular company, each applicant MUST pay first, that is the first step before having access to the training is expressing interest in a company. The applicant is then sent an email saying they are eligible to take the training. However, the applicant then pays a fee, which ranges from $200+ on up. If you don't get through training, pass the exams, or are not certified, the person DOES NOT get a refund of monies. Additionally, you get NO explanation as to why.

I have applied, was qualified, successfully passed training and all tests, 1 with a 85%, and the others with 100% and got to the certification process and was told after the second day of that certification that they would go no further with me. My daughter worked for two employers with Arise and both times her account was locked, which means she could not access the employers secured sites. She tried repeatedly contacting her performance facilitators (PF's) and emailing Arise, as well as the employers and was told absolutely nothing. It can be surmised that she was terminated with again NO explanations whatsoever. No phone calls and no emails stating that she was terminated (we're guessing that she was terminated, but Arise never confirmed).

The first employer was seasonal, so maybe that is the reason why her employment was abruptly terminated. However, with the other employer just the day prior to them locking her account she received an email stating she was doing a great job! The position was for a Customer Service/Sales position, but before while in training, many had asked the trainer if Sales was mandatory for the position. The instructor informed them that although sales was desired it was not a mandatory requirement for the position. In other words, sales were not being pushed. I paid $250.00 for my daughter for this training through Arise. She worked just a month.

Not to mention, when a person is employed through Arise, they take out $19.95 from each paycheck, which is twice a month. They claim that this is to have the ability to have access to their website, the employer, etc. Collectively, between my daughter and myself have spent over $1, 000.00 just in Arise's fees (paying for the training alone), and other fees for headphones, internet access, etc., and we have nothing to show for it, but a empty pocketbook.

We even had a study buddy's with whom we practiced with everyday to endure we all would get hired, and they didn't make it either. Although, they too paid money to Arise. The only thing that I can say about this company is DO NOT apply with them. It is a growing company, because of the money they take from many many people and the NO REFUND policy, and that's whether you qualify for just the training or not. After trying twice to get a job thorough them, and my daughter working twice with them a being abruptly terminated we have ended our contract with them, and with NEVER apply for another position with Arise again. I suggest you don't either. Applicants Beware!!!

He

Comments

18th of Apr, 2012

I have been working through Arise for 7 years. Generally, i am not happy with them but they are not a scam. They are exploiters and their contracts are set up so that it is very easy for them to terminate at their whim. Basically, the contract you will have to sign will have so many ways for you to fail that at any time they can find something you aren't achieving and end it for you. The QA requirements for AAA read like it was created by a BOING engineer! I have been able to survive doing this but would rather do something else. I compete for hours with other work at home agents and am lucky to see 18 per week. The pay has gone down steadily since I started. Each contract seems to get a little worse. Pay is, $8.00 to $10.00 per hour on average, I'd say. Anyone who says they make $1800.00 in a pay period is probably lying. I can see where someone might pull it off with 90+ hours weeks but that doesn't seem likely. They use to be a quality company when they were Willow. Something happened when the company name changed to Arise and it has been steadily going down hill since. If you work through Arise, you can expect average pay, a flexible schedule (within contract limits (and they usually require weekend work)), to have to compete for hours and have little or no issue resolution for anything. As far as the original poster is concerened, I doubt they were dropped with no real reason. They probably failed when being observed taking the test calls at the end of the course. Funny that AT&T was meantioned above. Avoid them, they will rip you off. They can't help it. They have been ripping people off for years so why stop now. I hope some of the info I have posted is helpful. I am not too terribly happy with them but I am making enough to survive and right now, survival isn't all that easy.

• Be
      23rd of Aug, 2012

Arise in general has been great to me however people Like AQUILLA that use Arise don't explain the actual costs of getting started in the arise pool. Yes they explain that you have to take a background check that YOU have to pay for which is odd because most companies pay for background checks when they are needed, but it's never stated that is you are going to work for one company it's going to be $250 to take their classes as well to prepare for the job and I think that they should have the companies who use them express that this is NOT CHEAP that you have to put out two, three, and sometimes even four hundred dollars, definitely not someone who is a single mother on a fixed income needs to do without saving the money up of a time. ARISE HAS BEEN GREAT FOR ME THOUGH DESPITE ALL OBSTACLES.

• Lo
      29th of Aug, 2012

I have worked for arise since 2006. I have had 5 contracts with them. Every time I get bored I change my contract. It gives me freedom to work from home and make my own schedule. When you sign up for Arise, you do NOT, work for them. That is why you have to pay for training. You are investing in your own business. Also, it is not a perfect system (since when is work perfect?). There are things that you will like and things you will not. Just like any other job. I find it much more rewarding than not. I get paid every two weeks working for Apple. I am always one of the top performers so I get the pick of the liter when it comes to my hours ( I work 25 to 40 hours a week, depending on what I feel like doing). We are also allowed 30 consecutive days off with no explanation. We just submit a form saying how long we will be off. There are so many perks I could go on forever. A few things that could be improved include the amount of access you have to a direct manager or HR when you need it. I admit that going through the tech support is a bit hectic but hey, its not a perfect world. It reminds me of any other job I have ever held. Good things and bad things.

• My
      17th of Jan, 2013

Man! Arise is a JOKE. It is a way for them to make lots of money. Period! Point Blank! Yeah, you may work with them for a couple of years but MOST do not make it that far. Their system is set up for you to fail because they will get rid of you for any reason just to be replaced by a new CSP that is willing to pay that ridiculous amount of money and go through that process all over again. Scam Scam Scam Scam! I must say brilliant by Arise part so read all the material and ask a lot of questions and don't let the working at home opportunity with Arise blind your thought process because the money being invested could be invested else where.

• De
      31st of May, 2017

@My Opinion 1 Arise doesnt hire nor fire thats your ibo blame your ibo and yourself for your issues. Arise isnt responsible for anything that your ibo does maybe you should have just became your own ibo and you wouldnt be so upset

16th of Sep, 2013

I have been a contractor with Arise since 07/2012. I am very pleased with my progress so far. As for income. I work at home, that means No gas, no work clothes, no lunch money, and no waisted commute time. So that being said, Im very pleased with my income. I have known agents that did not make it for what ever reason. All I can provide is my own experiances. Once you complete your certification. Work hard, put in the hrs and time it takes for you to suceed. When you commit to servicing hrs, Keep them.. I know how long I sit in front of my computer putting hrs in, whither it is with stalking for xtra hrs in Starmatic, upskill classes, and servicing. At this time Arise is running a sale on the 1st part of the enrollment process for $5.00, that is a $94.00 savings. So if you want to work for yourself. Now is the time to joing Arise

• De
      31st of May, 2017

I work for arise and all i see is a bunch of people crying because they didn't take the time to study and they dont understand the fact that arise did not employee you your an independent contractor which means you work for yourself you made the choice to work for whatever company you worked for and fyi you dont pay for training your paying for the software and all the necessary passwords Arise isn't a scam