Argosy University / professors
Argosy University is a for profit university that pretends to care about the students. The school is driven by profits and does not care the needs of the studetns. The University hires part time professors that are not familiar with the University and do not know its rules and regulations.
Since I have been at Argosy, I have had four academic adviors (in 15 months) and each one could not meet my needs or expectations. They have set up a system with only consequences for the students and none for the professors. Here is my example, Argosy had a technical problem on 05/11/2009 that shut down their system for two days. I was unable to log into my class and do any of my work. The University acknowledged their mistake and sent an e-mail to all students and staff that all deadlines were extended and no late penalities would in place.
This seemed like a very fair solution and one I could work with. The problem was tha the Professor did decided not to adhere to this policy and reduced my grade by 15%. This mistake hurt my grade and could have impacted my future admission to graduate school. I had to drop out of school with a financial penalty. When I mentioned to my academic advisor the reason I was dropping out she said "that is your problem (about the penalty) and you will have to take it up with financial aid. When I spoke with financial aid they told me it was not thier responsibility ( appeal the drop policy), it was the responisbility of the academic advisor.
The situation was never resolved and I am probably going to need to pay the pentaly and transfer to another University.
More Argosy University Complaints & Reviews
- Argosy University - diploma mill 
- Argosy University - fraud: apa accreditation 
- Argosy University - lied about program financing 
- Argosy University - bad education 
- Argosy University - unscrupulous practices 
- Argosy University - service
- Argosy University - financial aid
- Argosy University - enrollment process
- Argosy University Online - Financial Aid Department
- Argosy University - educators and their non response times / ripoff college