Argos / delivery

1 England, Worcestershire, United Kingdom Review updated:

My son ordered on line from argos a washing machine HEC 1050 1.000 spin it arrived this morning but the two men delivering it said they could not take it upstairs as theydid not have time. They left it with my son in a communial hallway so as there was nobody around to move it he had to carry it up one flight of stairs on his own. on his way to work he called in to the local bakery and mentioned what had happened to the lady and she said two men called to get a sandwich at about 10.30 same description as my son had told her. it seems they had no time to deliver the machine as arranged but could find time to go to the bakers.my son hurt his back getting the machine upstairs he had no choice as it was a health and safety issue leaving it where the men had left it. I am very upset my son had to struggle on his own.yours faithfully MRS SUSAN DAVIES .

Comments

• Ic
      20th of Jun, 2009

Delivery drivers are actually employed by DHL or Home Delivery Network NOT ARGOS!

They are also not insured by the company to lift/transport things up stairs in customers homes.

How do you know the drivers had time to go to the bakers?

Dear oh dear.

• Ih
      21st of Jan, 2011

We will never ever go to Argos again for home delivery. To cut a long story short, delivery men (x2) wiped greasy hands all over the walls on the stairway when moving a mattress from the van into the house. When they got the mattress upstairs they then proceeded to take PHOTOGRAPHS of the bedrooms!!! They said it was for evidence that the house has small rooms and they had difficulties getting the mattress up the stairs, so would report this to their managers. I will leave it to your imagination as to WHY they were taking photographs, my partner asked them to stop and they refused. I rang Argos today and asked if it was common practice/policy for their drivers to take photos of inside the house (and were found out), they refused to comment. To be continued...
    Anyone else who has had similar experiences, please add to this.

• Co
      24th of Mar, 2015

I COULD NOT ACCEPT AN ARGOS DELIVERY LAST FRIDAY 20TH MARCH, HAVING WAITED ALMOST 7 WEEKS FOR IT TO ARRIVE. THEY RESCHEDULED DELIVERY FOR 30TH MARCH, I CONTACTED THEM AND ADVISE THEM "NO WAY" I WANTED DELIVERY ASAP., I REQUESTED TO SPEAK WITH A MANAGER URGENTLY AND THAT IF I WAS NOT GETTING MY DELIVERY ASAP I WANTED A FULL REFUND. THE GIRL IN CUSTOMER SERVICE WENT OFF THE LINE AND CAME BACK TO ME 2 MINUTES LATER AND WAS ADVISED ME THAT THE TRANSPORT COMPANY WOULD CONTACT ME MON 23RD/TUES 24TH MARCH TO ARRANGE DELIVERY FOR WED 25TH/THURS 26TH MARCH. I PHONED ARGOS TODAY TO ASK WHY I HAD NOT HEARD FROM THE TRANSPORT COMPANY, HAVING BEEN THROWN FROM ONE PERSON TO THE NEXT I WAS EVENTUALLY TOLD I WAS GETTING DELIVERY ON MONDAY 30TH MARCH 2015. SO I WAS BLATANTLY LIED TO BY THE WOMAN IN CUSTOMER SERVICES ABOUT MY DELIVERY. I FIND THAT BEHAVIOUR DISGUSTING, LIES WAS WHAT IT WAS. NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ARGOS AGAIN. MOST UNHELPFUL BUNCH OF PEOPLE I EVER HAD THE UNFORTUNATE TO ENCOUNTER.

• To
      11th of Aug, 2015

Similar problem with 2 delivery guys delivering a washing machine. 2 guys from Manchester. Attitude straight off bringing machine up a flight of stairs and I had cleared old machine out of the way so they had a straight run. The bigger one making sarcastic comments about my accent, what a laugh, he was broad Mancunian himself, rolling his eyes at his mate, broke wall socket and then said it was already broken, it wasn't, had to give them superglue to mend it...took ages. Then proceeded to photograph a slight tear in lino which was already there commenting that was just in case I made a claim against them. Whether they were employed by Argos or a carrier acting on their behalf they shame the Argos name but these 2 duffers certainly didn't and don't care. They won't be crossing my doorstep again because I won't get such items from Argos.