Argos Direct / Very long Delivery delay

Argos Direct, Acton Gate, Stafford, ST18 9AR. Stafford, England, Staffordshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

I order a sofa set (buy one get one free) in the month of July from argos direct, the free sofa is delivered but the main/original one is not delivered since 3 months now and now they have postponed the delivery date to one more month. It is still undelivered. They neither proactively informed me about the delays ever. It was only when I asked for it they used to respond with a postponed date of another one month.
They never even bothered to send me a order receipt when I did the transaction online.

Comments

Vi
  23rd of Oct, 2008
We are in almost the same boat. we ordered a buy one get one free pair of sofas on 4th sept 08, believing they would be delivered in 35 days. we still do not have them, and they are supposed to here by 5th november. lets not hold our breath though hey?! they do not tell you what is happening, you have to phone them all the time to enquire about the things you payed for a long time ago, but have still not received. to make it worse, we have our 2nd baby due in just under 3 weeks and constantly sitting on hard chairs or the floor at 8 months pregnant is not the most comfortable! lets hope we do recieve them before baby makes his appearance!
Ch
  5th of May, 2009
I PESHESD A SCANER FROM ARGSO SHE WOS VERY RUD SHE SED THAY DIDENT SEL MOTORLA TLKR SO WOT GOOD IS A RESEYT IF YOU CANT TAK IT BACK IT WOS BROKEN
Ic
  20th of Jun, 2009
Most probably it was the supplier who was unable to supply the goods to an Argos distribution center, thus cause the delay in getting your items to you. Store staff/Argos Direct staff are not aware of this unless the supplier contacts them via bulletin. And do you expect them to telephone each and every disgruntled person who is missing their item?

Chris Drury, I have no idea what you're talking about.
Ia
  14th of Jun, 2011

Argos Direct - in stock
United Kingdom

I purchased and paid for a kitchen from argos direct, it was all shown to be in stock so I completed the purchase and awaited my comfirmation email. Three days later I had not received my email so called to confirm the order. I was told that the order was being processed and I should receive the kitchen by the 3rd of July, when I queried the lenght of delivery time I was told that Argos had to await delivfery from their suppliers so could not give a definate date. Surely if Argos have to await delivery from their supplier then the item is not in stock as claimed.
Am
  12th of Sep, 2011
I ordered a bed from argos and have now been waiting 48 days for it. I have not been contacted once. Not even to let me know what date it will be delivered, i have had to ring them 4 times. I emailed in a complaint and was told i AGAIN would have to ring back after the item is delivered to make a complaint.

awful customer service. at the end of the day, if you pay for a service, you should receive that service, you pay for the item out of choice, god knows money doesn't grow on trees.