Archos / Junk products

1 7951 E. Maplewood Ave.Greenwood Village, CO, United States Review updated:

I purchased a 404 camcorder Aug. '07 at Sam's Clubalong with $160. worth of accessories direct from Archos. After numerous attempts of trying to get decent pictures and videos through settings and firmware updates, Archos finally gave me an RMA for my unit. They returned to me a brand new unit. After about two good videos taken, the same poor quality returned. Contacted Archos support again who advised a firmware update. Did the update and still had poor quality. The videos are not sharp, lighting is poor. I called Tech. Support and eventually was told that there is nothing else they "would" do for me. I expressed my concern that the pictures on the box shows clear, sharp images on the camera, unlike what I have been getting from mine. I was told that "the unit is not a top of the line" item. So basically I am stuck with it!. Contacting Sam's Club who is good about allowing their customers to return items. Am also advising Sam's Club not to sell any more of these products. I will direct them to the Consumer Complaint website so they can read for themselves. It is my opinion that Archos is selling Chinese "Junk" and are not willing to be responsible for the products they are producing.

Va

More Archos Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ar
      7th of Apr, 2009

I have bought several Archos products and will never buy one again. There customer service stinks, there is no customer care whatsoever and when you have a fault they are oblivious to help.

The DVR Docking station is a joke. it won't record and the program quide is very poor with a very very limited selection of programs, but pointless if it won't record. Totally useless.

Archos products do not do what they claim they will do and there should be a law to stop them selling worthless products.

Buy an Archos and you will end up having a living nightmare-that you can be sure of.

• Tr
      8th of Aug, 2009

I have a muti-media device that was given to me as a present. It works fine as a mp3 player, however if you want to use it as a proper multi-media device you'll have to spend another £6o on a series of plug-ins that. This seems a total ripoff and will only deterred me from buying their product in the future.

Avoid Archos product like the plague.

PS. I have brought myself a Samsung new note book. It's cheaper easier to use. I haven't had to use their customer support yet as nothing has gone wrong with it.