Archos / Products are junk!

Do not purchase archos products! Their products are junk! When they inevitably fail, as they will, getting through to their customer support is essentially impossible, unless you have the better part of a morning to remain on the telephone. If you do eventually get through, and get an RMA number with which to return the defective unit for repairs, do not expect it to actually be repaired!! I sent in an AV500 mobile DVR which they kept for a month, then finally returned to me in exactly the same defective condition in which I had returned it to them. I am now tossing the unit in the garbage. Lesson learned!!!!
AVOID ARCHOS PRODUCTS!!!!!!!

Di

More Archos Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ul
      31st of Mar, 2008

I bought a very expensive archos 705 80gb beacuse of the feauture they announce. What they don't tell you is that you have to buy extra plug ins to make most ly anything to work, and on top of that is almost impossible to get any help from thier customer service, they are rude and they don't help. The technical support will tell you is in the manual read the manual . This is a compliocated machine and must feauture are new and requires some extra settings i paid 500 for this machine but to me right now is useless beacuse i can't even buy the plug ins beacuse their customer service don't want to do thier job

• Mi
      18th of Sep, 2008

Pruchased gteh GPS add on for the 605 WiFI, software key did not work, several hours on the phone I finally get a working key. Now with everthing loaded I get errors that the GPS connection has closed. Tech service picked up after 55 minutes on hold. Unit is defective, so now they want me to back the shipping to return it so I can get my money back.

Aviod this company and products. I had to retrun the original 605 to get it fixed also... returmned unit was faulty, and had to be fixed!...

not worth the time or money.

• Ro
      5th of May, 2009
    Archos - Do not buy from them
    Archos Inc

Archos Inc. Manufacturer of consumer electronics, beware before you buy any products from this company. I purchased an MP3 player in February 2006 which was defective I sent the product back to Archos on February 18th and as of today June 11th, 2006 I have yet to receive this unit back. I have called the company 12 times over this period and always get the same response we will call you within 48 hours and tell you when your product will be shipped. And of course no one calls. I purchased the product through Newegg. Com and have contacted them about the problem. Newwegg then contacted Archos and guess what, they got the same response. Bottom line don’t buy a Archos product.

30th of Oct, 2009

I agree I sent in my Archos 5 IMT for repairs to the failed HDD and a month later when I called and asked where it was. they yelled at me (Literally). I however do like there products but will not buy another just because of there HORRIBLE support. Once again a great product ruined by bad support.

• Ab
      28th of Dec, 2009

fully agree
    believe me you will not find HORRIBLE support like archos
    indeed, it is the worst
    1 month waiting and nothing fix
    as well they said the speaker is good, realy i did not say any thing about speaker
    i said the slot of headphone is broken

no problem may be mistake
    i sent letter to tell them the device still broken and i hope to fix it
    they just talk we wil, will
    now 2 month and nothing

this is my email
    ababab567@gmail.com

if some want evidace i will show him

almost more than 10 problem from them

enjoy onther good device and avoid junk ARCHOS

• Tk
      17th of Jan, 2010

I recently "purchased" the Archos 9, and I was charged 6 times!!! I called the company, and had to deal with horrible customer service (was hung up on twice). They informed me that there was no possible way to cancel the orders and that the charges were just "holds". I called the bank, who then informed me that the charges were not holds, but actual pending charges. ( Over $3000)
    Upon learning this from the bank, I called Archos and asked to speak to a supervisor, but was again hung up on twice.
    If you are thinking about dealing with Archos in any capacity, please do not.

• Ar
      29th of Jan, 2010

THis is my Second Archos to BUy. MY mistake. again. These products ONlY Last 1 year Max

• Ar
      18th of Feb, 2010

Customer service is the worst I have ever had the misfortune to experience. My device has broken twice within warranty. The device is buggy and needs rebooted ALL the time. Which is probably why the on/off button failed.

First time I had an issue it took something like four contacts to get them to simply tell me where to send the device and the ref number I must quote for the repair (despite confirming on the first contact that I would have to send it, they said I had to phone them back anyway)!

Same happened the next time it broke but it took 6 contacts for the same information (including asking for the matter to be escelated to a manger twice).

Just got the thing back. Takes them 3weeks each time to sort it. (First time all they had to do was send a brand new device out of a box!). They wiped the plugins off it last time. They know which plugins I purchased but once I got it back, I have to then ask them to make them available for me to download them again! That took 4 contacts with "support" in which all info was provided to action my request in the first contact. Last contact meant I can put the plug ins back on (h'ray!) - but they still haven't addressed whether they will extend the licence since I've had 8 weeks without the products because it broke through no fault of my own (within the warranty)... big breath... they also will not escelate to a manager or even confirm what the complaintsprocess is despite asking several times...

CUSTOMER SERVICES IS DREADFUL... they make it as hard as possible to contact them by phone or email. When they do respond they are unlikely to do anything to resolve your query. It's genuinely baffling. Whoever is responsible for customer services should start measuring how many contacts it takes to sort a problem and start replacing 10 members of staff with just 1 person who is able to actually help! But of course they don't even necessarily give you a reference number which means they can't count how many times it takes them to actually do something. Anything! In each contact the same info has to be provided again and again (and again and again).

It doesn't matter how good you think the device is. I can live with the slight bugs. I am a very patient man! But given you WILL need to contact support, and you will NOT receive any help - it's not worth giving archos any money. When this fails outside of warranty I will not buy archos. I'm pretty easy going as a rule, and too busy to waste my time on this, but I will be writing to the relevant ombudsman!

• Wi
      26th of May, 2010
    Archos - Does not have advertized functionality
    Archos

In August 2009 I purchased an ARCHOS 7 320GB Internet Media Tablet, an electronic device advertized as having the capability to view media content on the internet. The following statement is taken from their current website description of the device: "Browsing becomes almost seamless with the ARM Cortex processor and the Adobe Flash 9 video support." The problem is that the device does NOT HAVE ADOBE FLASH 9 VIDEO SUPPORT! One of the main reasons I purchased the device was because of this advertized capability, as the vast majority of video content on the web can only be accessed using Adobe Flash support. I have called ARCHOS customer support on several occasions, being told as recently as March of this year that the support would be available for the device in April. Finding no update available in April, I called again this month to inquire about the progress and to get an updated forecast as to when the Adobe Flash support would become available. I was told by the customer service rep that I should not expect support to EVER become available for the device. When I complained that the main reason I purchased the device was for accessing video content on the internet requiring Adobe Flash (THAT THE DEVICE WAS ADVERTIZED TO HAVE), and that because it did not (and after waiting 8 months, apparently never WILL) have this support, I would like to return the device for a full refund, I was told that a refund is not possible, but that the best the company could do is provide a 25% discount on an "upgrade" product. I don't trust the company to deliver on any advertized capability at this point, so I'm not interested in any "upgraded" product.

21st of Jan, 2011

You must realise by now...that Archos is a real bad investment...period!
    If you really want to lose your money...just buy one...and see for yourself!
    They are electronics criminals who are legally allowed by our governments to sell their faulty rubbish products...all for glory of money!
    "WARNING" Buy at your risk!!!...

21st of Jan, 2011

Why dont people get it through their thick skulls...ARCHOS are thieves!
    They are a rogue electronics company who are given free reign in the world
    to sell their faulty garbage products...because of greed for money!
    If you dont want to loose your money...DONT buy their garbage!
    Give them a "WIDE" berth people!
    Avoid them with your life...seriously!!!...

• Db
      12th of Oct, 2011

Piece of J-U-N-K!!! Will never buy another Archos product. Have spent more time re-booting than listening to media files. What a waste of $$$.

• As
      15th of Mar, 2012

I purchased 2.8 tablet after 1 month of use the LED didn't work. I contacted customer service was pre-approved for repair under warranty and once they have the unit call me and say it isn't covered and they want almost as much as I paid for it to repair it! I forwarded the email stating that is was to be covered under warranty that THEY sent me and no response for over a week now. Beware of Archos products!! There are negative complaints about repairs and customer service all over the internet. I'm sharing my story because I hope somebody benefits from my loss, don't buy Archos.