Archos / Scam to build profit!

I was on deployment when I wanted a MP3 for the gym. I went online through the military store AAFES and found this 4G MINI mp3. I ordered 2 of them but only received one. Once I returned from Iraq the MP3 became non respondent to anything. Since it was still under warranty I returned the product for repairs. Now here comes the headache, even though this product was ship to me over seas, ARCHOS company is now telling me that they no longer ship to over seas and that I needed to provide a stateside address for return shipment. I gave them my parents stateside address. A month later a got a email telling me that I needed to contact tech support for payment arrangements to repair product. No problem I call the number that was given by tech support and now they tell me that I have to give a physical address and not a post office box. I try to explain that this is the only stateside address I have and had since I was a child. Bottom line is now I have to contact UPS in the area to have them to receive the shipment and hold for pickup for my parents to pick up. I ask before I sent out the product for repair. I contacted ARCHOS several times to find out that I could not get the product repaired over seas and they told me what address and what info I needed to include in the package to send to them. I did every thing they told me and I am still having difficulties in getting the product repaired and now I'm not even getting through to customer support. No one is answering the phones. I feel that I have been given a product under false pretense. I am not getting the customer support I thought that came with any product you purchase. This product was something that I very much enjoyed for the short time that it worked. And I was considering purchasing more for my wife and my 2 kids. But after this ordeal and having soldiers on post see me go through this sends out a message from ARCHOS that says "you can buy this product but don't count on ARCHOS to repair it or provide customer service". Its like once ARCHOS gets your money the relationship is over. Something needs to be done about this. All customers should be treated with a little more respect and honesty. No one wants to do business with a company if they think its just a scam to build profit.

More Archos Complaints & Reviews