Archos 700 / Faulty device

1 Spain Review updated:

I have had two archos devices both of which went wrong after approx 16 mths. The first one was a power problem and i never bothered to get it fixed. but my second device an archos 700tv that cost me 600€ also developed a power fault. The customer complaints/returns system they have in europe/france is the worst i have ever come across. They are so far up there own backsides its untrue. Eventually the sent me a return form and i sent the device back for repair. They then charged me 150€ for the fix. On their tracking system i could see that they had the wrong address for return but despite several emails (all of which were ignored) the device was sent back out. Fortunately i was able to track the package via the courier and saw that it had been sent out twice to the wrong address but i managed to get the courier to deliver it on the 3rd. On getting my device back and turning it on, the original problem was repaired but now it had no backlight and i couldn't see the screen. I have contacted archos several times and i have been ignored 100%. My advice, never never buy anything branded archos, when it goes wrong and it will, you will end up with a worthless device and zero customer support.

Comments

• Wi
      9th of Oct, 2008

Dear sir/madam,
    My complaint is regarding your sales in mp3technology and the way they have ignored my complaint for a total refund of a faulty product they sold to me.
    As QVC customer i purchased my Archos 704wifi with an expectation that if i ever needed parts etc ( IN THIS CASE A SIMPLE POWER ADAPTER ) that it should be easy to order and get a good sales service, in this case its been quite a JOKE!!!.
    At this time of my complaint all i require is that you get for me the name of mp3technology DIRECTOR so as I can formally make a complaint to him/her in writing.
    I wish to persue this with emails and replies i will get to present to QVC to let that organisation know that i no longer have confidence in the Archos product as it cant provide a honest and professional backup service.
    I hope you will not ignore my email for this information in the way mp3technology have.
    William Trainor.