Archives.com / Unable to cancel

United States Review updated:

Signed up for 7 days of free access, after using for 5 days, I was unable to connect to web site. I was on-line from 4pm till 3am trying at regular intervals with no avail and the next day for several hours also. I am unable to connect with web site to cancel. Then I found this site and found all the complaint about Archives.com.

[protected]@yahoo.com

Ph
Mar 03, 2013

Comments

• Ji
      Sep 01, 2013

The help page of this company states that one must click on a link to go to the "Subscription Options" page to cancel their membership, including being able to cancel the 7-day free trial. After clicking on that, there is nothing on that page AT ALL that allows the consumer to cancel anything. I have personally contacted Ancestry.com and told them about the complaints on this site where Ancestry.com was referenced and how this is bad business for them, and I was told that Archives.com is actually a subsidiary of Ancestry.com, just the welfare version of it. It was not until I was TRANSFERRED by Ancestry.com TO Archives.com that I was able to cancel this membership. Be very aware of whom you're dealing with. I did file a complaint with the FTC about this practice and I told the rep at Ancestry that I have done so. I also referred her to this site so she can read all of the complaints that are listed here. La'arni at Archives.com handled the call for me and cancelled the membership.