Arc Labs Inc / Unethical and Misleading Advertising & Communication

Hello
On 7 December 2015 I was extremely foolishly taken in by a free trial that was offered of Xtremcleanse and Raspberry Ketone by Arc Labs Tel No [protected]
The advertising was well done, and they featured Princess of Wales taking the product etc, so it all 'appeared' to be above board.
I signed up for a free trial, which I received and took but after 3 tablets it obviously didn't suit me.
Unfortunately, I was unaware (my mistake) that I had to actively stop any future products being sent to me.
However, what followed I feel is not my mistake - it is unethical and misleading behaviour by the company.
I received more packages after the first free trial and was puzzled but not worried as I knew I hadn't ordered them. Disastrously, because I was dealing with a bereavement (my mother) I put all these packets on one side to sort out later!
At no time did I receive confirmation of an order from this company, I also received no confirmation of the large amount of money this company was taking every month. Otherwise I would have cancelled immediately. This strongly suggests to me that they are deliberately misleading customers.
By the time I realised what they had been doing they had taken £800.00 from my account for December, January, February, March. Even as I write this I could cry. I just can't afford this.
I rang them immediately I saw what they were doing (I thought I was having an awful struggle financially but couldn't work out why!) They have refunded the March payment but refuse to refund anything else - so they still have £600.00 of my money and I have not used any of the products - all packaging is intact.
I work part time and have bills and rent to pay and also supplementing the income of a member of the family with mental health problems.
I have pointed out to them that if I was dealing with any decent online company, (a) I would have contacted THEM to place an order after the trial and (b) they would have sent email confirmations of their actions. They have confirmed that they had not done this. But if they had I would have called them from the start to cancel. In fact the only company I have dealt with online is Amazon and they always send confirmation of every order placed and when it is despatched etc. So this has been a huge shock.
I have sent back ALL the unopened, intact products to Cyprus on 15.03.16 from Teignmouth Post Office. ( ARC Labs Returns PO Box 42388 Larnaca 6533, Cyprus.) I have a proof of posting.
They have taken out 22 December 2015 - Ultradiet - £89.00
08 March 2016 - ThecleanseExtra.com £99.95
08 March 2016 - Raspberry-Pro.com £99.92
They have refunded
£89.00 and £95.00
I haven't ordered any of these products? Or not to my knowledge anyway.
I wonder if the Princess of Wales knows that they are using her details to draw people into this situation?
The desirable resolution of my complaint is a refund of December, January, February payments. However, I realise I have to accept responsibility for my own stupidity, and I therefore would be content with even half of the remaining £600.00 they owe me.

I attach copies of my emails to them and theirs to me. I called them today at 10.00 am and spoke to advisor and supervisor. Not a happy call.

Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: All Untouched Products sent back to Larnaca, Cyprus 07.03.16 - Please Refund all Payments taken

Dear Sir/Madam

Today I have had the chance to find out from the bank the full extent of the damage:-

22 December 2015 - Ultradiet - £89.00
22 December 2015 - Gofatburner - £95.00

07 January 2016 - Gofatburner - £99.92
07 January 2016 - Ultradiet - £95.95

08 Febuary 2016 - Gofatburner - £99.92
08 Feburary 2016 - Ultradiet - £95.95

08 March 2016 - ThecleanseExtra.com £99.95
08 March 2016 - Raspberry-Pro.com £99.92

You have refunded me most of the two March debits which arrived in my account on 15 March 2016:-

£89.00
£95.00

Thank you for this.

However, please confirm urgently when you will refund the rest of the money you have taken from me so that I can inform the bank.

I cannot afford this. It has been disastrous.

I have posted all the untouched products to you on 15 March 2016.

Wendy

Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 6:28 PM
Subject: All Untouched Products sent back to Larnaca, Cyprus 07.03.16 - Please Refund all Payments taken

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your confirmation of my refunds.

Please find below a copy of the email I sent to you on Friday when I discovered this nightmare!

I have been down to the post office today and I have sent ALL the unopened/untouched products back to you.

Therefore, please refund me all payments you have taken from my bank account without me being aware of what you were doing.

Wendy McInnes

Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 10:28 PM
Subject: Ultra Power Cleanse & Ultra Ketone Plus - Refund

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your emails advising that the money you took out of my bank in March 2016 £95.00 and £89.00 will be returned to my bank in a week's time.
I am still in shock and distress about this situation.
I was very interested to try this product - all credit to well presented advertising, However, when I tried it, the Xtreme Cleanse did not suit me at all and I stopped taking both samples after 3 days.
Unfortunately:-
A) I didn't realise I had to 'opt out' and if I didn't, that you would just start taking large sums of money without me contacting you to discuss prices, quantities and frequency etc!?
B) I received no confirmation you were taking this money. If I had, I would have stopped it immeidately. I was very suprised when more packages arrived. But as I have been dealing with bereavement and all its emotional upset and administration, I did not have time to investigate. Disastrously, I just put all the packages to one side.
C) I had no idea how expensive these products were. I wouldn't have even agreed to a free trial if I had realised, and I would NEVER have agreed to pay £200.00 a month! I work part-time in a callcentre and have to pay rent, bills, petrol, and supplement the income of a member of my family who suffers from mental health! I simply cannot afford this kind of money.
D) I understand that these payments started coming out on December 7, which means that even with the refund of the March payment, I will still have paid you over £600.00 for a product I haven't touched and which didn't even suit my body.
Today was the first time I had time to sit down and have a proper look through my accounts and now realise why it has been more of a struggle than usual financially. The details enclosed in each of the envelopes list the product name but not the price. Another piece of information which would have alerrted me.
Now I have opened the envelopes, I see there is a page enclosed in each, listing the name of the product, but no price shown! All the products/packaging are completely intact and untouched. I am happy to return them to someone who will really benefit from them and will be able to affort them.
I am really annoyed with myself for allowing myself to be drawn in and misunderstanding this situation, but I am angry with you as a company for not being more transparent and making it clearer what you were doing each step of the way.
I therefore, request refund of any monie you have taken from my account ASAP. I cannot afford to lose £600.00! And, in the meantime I will return the intact, untouched products.
Wendy McInnes
PS I wish to commend the advisor I spoke to today. I was in great distress and his manner was excellent throughout the phone call. I only asked to speak to a supervisor, as I need someone to authorise refunding the rest of the money that has been taken from my bank account.

From: Customer Support
To: [protected]@googlemail.com
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 5:17 AM
Subject: Refund Request Approved

Dear Wendy McInnes,

We are pleased to inform you that your refund has been issued in the amount of 89

The amount will reflect on your statement within 5 business days.

If you have any query, please do not be reluctant to contact us from Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m.

Sincerely yours,

Customer Support Team
[protected]

From: Customer Support
To: [protected]@googlemail.com
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 5:17 AM
Subject: Refund Request Approved

Dear Wendy McInnes,

We are pleased to inform you that your refund has been issued in the amount of 95.00

The amount will reflect on your statement within 5 business days.

Sincerely yours,