Arc Labs IncSeller didn't inform that the trial began

1 Review updated:

I ordered Raspberry Ketone from the company Arc Labs Inc. I placed the order and got it only after 7 days. I tried it, and I didn’t know that I needed to cancel this trial within 14 days after I placed the order.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Scotland, CT The seller never mentioned about it, and there wasn’t such info on the website. So the seller charged me for $88.99. I tried to return this sum, but the seller refused and told me that it was only my fault and I needed to read terms and conditions. So be careful if you buy from this company or leave comments if you have horrible experience with this seller.

Ar
May 01, 2014

Comments

Jan 05, 2015

ARC Labs Inc are an unethical company and am not sure how it claims it is working legally. There are various "departments" and company name changes ... Everything in place to ensure the customer finds it next to impossible to unravel information about them.

The 2 products I have ended up learning about are Raspberry ketone and Cleanse Xtrem.
    I am horrified at their modus operandi. Via small pop up dialogues boxes I ended up subscribing to a FREE trial for Raspberry Ketone and was asked for credit card details to pay for shipment. Following which immediately another pop up recommended using Cleanse Xtrem for more effective results. I clicked on a Yes or something similar box, but did not receive any communication back to confirm acceptance of the free trial or CLEAR TRANSPARENT advice on the fact that I was obliged to cancel within 14 days. Given NO confirmation email was received I had no idea that the products I was receiving were being charged for at £95.95 and £89.00 incl shipping. A despatch note was sent with the product with very little information and most importantly no cost of product included. This is deliberate in order to ensure the person receiving it remains unaware of the huge cost of these products. As no cost was included I believed these were free. I was sent 5 bottles (which remain unopened and was advised by the company to keep them, eventhough is didn't want to) over about 6 weeks and only a check up of our bank account after Christmas alerted me to nearly £475.85 having been withdrawn by these companies. I immediately rang their customer services who reiterated the same script they are allowed to follow. After 2 hours of complaining over the phone the cost of 2 bottles has been refunded, as an exceptional case, but I am still about £300 short as a result of this scam. They have no customer complaint department and cannot even tell me who is the director/CEO of this unethical business. I want to pursue my complaint and would highly recommend NOONE is trapped by this scam and never to sign up to free trials by this company as they are in business to fleece you. If anyone is aware of which consumer rights/watchdog body I can take this up with please post the information.
    Many thanks, S M

• Em
      Nov 02, 2015

I would like to second this complaint on behalf of my 85 year old mother. She is still fruitlessly trying to cancel a standing order she did not agree to, nor did she have any idea about. She received a bank statement informing her that£95 had gone out.
    This is criminal.
    How does a company act in this way with impunity?
    She sent a letter to the P.O. box address in Linthgrow, and it was returned to sender.
    What can she do to get any redress from them?

Nov 11, 2015

I too would like to add a complaint. I ordered a trial of product and it said I just had to pay packaging costs of £2.99. Since I received my trial cream, I have now received two more in which I did not order! I am trying to find out where they have taken the money out of my account and why they have sent me two more which I did NOT order. I have now seen this is a scam and am desperately trying to sort out the problem. I don't even know where to begin. There is an address is Edinburgh and one in Cyprus. The telephone number on the dispatch note is not a UK number and therefore I am forced to have to pay out on telephone calls abroad to try to resolve this and complain. Not happy! I have much more important things I need to be doing with my time.

• El
      Nov 18, 2015

I to have been caught out with a "free gift" I only found out today that £105 has gone from my bank .I have tried rining the phone numbers for Customer Sevice for the last two hours and am not supprised that there has been no answer Two more tubes of serum have now been delivered which I will have to send back at a cost to me to Cyprus The other address I have is London so how many offices do they have

Nov 27, 2015

I to started with the Rasberry Ketone and Cleanse xtreme but after 5 days i had to go and see my Doctor who advised me to stop taking them, so I did but what I didn't know was the Company sent me some more of both products at a cost of £185 which I didn't realise I had signed for as there was no mention of a cooling off period. I have kept both my second delivery parcels unopened ready for return???.

Nov 30, 2015

I was also scammed by this company but fortunately stopped my credit card before further payments were taken as it stands I am about £7 down so I feel lucky after reading what this company has managed to steal of others.

• Ne
      Dec 01, 2015

Yes I was duped as well, managed to get two payments back and cancel account as well as informing my card company. I am £105.93 & £99.94 out of pocket! Not a bad earner Charge 1000 people a month £400 refund £200 and wow £200, 000 a month. I work for the police and I have got caught out with this. About time the government came down hard on companies like this. You think the office of fair trading would do some thing about it. Oh no the government closed them down. This is as bad as PPI. The product is so valuable that they don't want any of the 4 boxes back!

Dec 02, 2015
    Best Best Advice

I returned anti aging cream I did not order and had not heard of the company I used the London address on the advice of the fraud squad but have the product returned today reason given by Royal mail Addresse unknown. That address was Arc Labs Inc 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS, United Kingdom.The alternative address was ARC Labs Returns, PO Box 42388 Larnaca 6533 Cyprus.
    They could possibly be trading under the name My Skin or Healthy Skin, or Superbskin or Stemokit. A SCAM.

Dec 08, 2015

Pure scam I'm going to get the police on to this company

Dec 08, 2015

They shouldn't get away with this and they don't even answer the phone the cream I got brought my face out in blisters so now I'm taking them to court

• He
      Dec 11, 2015

Most misleading advertising ever - you will get stuck with £89 and £95 charges for the cleanse xtreme and raspberry ketone blast products even if you adhere their terms and notify within the 10-day physical possession terms because they don't actually mean that - they go 10 days from when you place the order. I did phone and at least managed to get any future items charged to my account but not happy! I agree it is a scam, web site has multiple inconsistencies!

• Da
      Dec 22, 2015

Just read all of the comments of this vile SCAM which appears to be getting away with 'bare faced extortion'. I was alerted by my Bank or I would still be being ripped off, they are trying to sort out this fraud of £184 but I won't hold my breath. I did notice that once they had all of my Card Details the screen changed very quickly, don't remember ticking any Terms and Conditions. Fortunately the Bank stopped my Card with immediate effect. Thought this was the end of it until on Saturday morning 'Hermes Parcel Service' delivered another package. not sure if they are aware that they are perpetuating this SCAM by accepting their dirty business. I will contact Hermes and ask the question, because I get quite a lot of deliveries by them and have never had cause for complaint.

•   Dec 22, 2015

Does anybody have the phone number so I can
    Cancel this order before 14 days is up
    ( not the Cyprus one )

Jan 08, 2016

I also signed up for the free trial ketertone plus, ultra power cleanse trial and another one I didn't even know about super yacon??? I didn't have a terms and conditions option either. Didn't know anything about a trial, just assumed it was a one off. Just had my bank statement and am down £184 !!! Contacted fraud line, they were helpful but unfortunately nothing they could do. Was given a number but after reading this I think ill just leave it and take the loss. I have just learnt my lesson...a very expensive lesson!!! I don't know how they can get away with this, makes me angry!!

• Vi
      Jan 14, 2016

Hi I have just been scammed by this same company. RVTL anti-aging cream - it was a video ad on Facebook and I believed I was just signing up for a free-trial, expecting a small sample pot - I was just paying £4.95 postage . . . . or so I thought. Five days later I received not a sample but an actual pot of this cream, along with another large box of Equinox day and night serum lotion which I didn't subscribe to at all. On checking my bank statement I have had two amounts coming out, one for £4.95 and another for £3.95. I am worrying that there may be more payments coming out. After googling them and realising I have been scammed, I contacted the bank and have asked them to block these people to make sure no further amounts come out. I am worried that more products may arrive as the two amounts were invoiced from different companies.

Does anybody have a contact phone number or email address? All I have is Arc Labs inc, PO Box 42388, Larnaca, 6535 Cyprus. Not an easy way to cancel any kind of subscription they may think I agreed to. Very worrying!, Vicky

Jan 17, 2016

Received 2 lots only ordered 1 lot at £8 to find out they sent me 2 and took £400 now I have no money to pay my next months rent as I lost my job through serious illness THIS IS SO UPSETTING PLEASE HELP

Jan 19, 2016

I got two items of cream for my wife for £9 then to find out the company have taken £397.87 within 15 days I've sent an email to them only to be directed here I've sent the cream back to Cyprus I'm hoping for a refund but I wont hold my reath

• Cl
      Jan 21, 2016

I have been scammed out of two hundred pounds with the Equinox day and night serum and the face cream. Who can we contact about it? I called them and they said they would refund 50% but i wasnt to return the items. Am very cross ive been scammed

• Su
      Jan 21, 2016

i have contacted this company, i bought a product december, free with £6.95 pp they have sent another product today 21st january 2016, i contacted them and said they were scammers the person i talked to said he would halve the payment i said okay but not happy, said i would go to local papers he then reminded me i was getting a courtsey repayment, fuming phoned local bank stopped any further payments, but was told they can take payment out but it would be returned to my bank account next day also have been told to ring company back and ask them for a time scale of when they would return half my payment back and if it is not returned within say 15 days time, then the bank will challenge them for me,

• To
      Jan 26, 2016

Rasberry Ketone Scam Criminal Offence No one would be able to decide whether any product works in a week! 14 days return no way.
    7 day to try 7 days to return RUBBISH This company takes money from your account, they don't even know who you are! You give them the dispatch order number, still have no record of you! They should be closed down by Trading Standards.
    Email: [protected]@rasberry-ketoneblast.com Tel no's: [protected] 4233 A very nice bunch of very rude people!

•   Jan 28, 2016

My wife saw an advert on Facebook and PURCHASED (not a trial) two items and we are now charged £192 and this would have been charged monthly for what we do not know but Barclaycard say we should get all our money back except for the real purchase of course. Tell everyone not to deal with Skinvital, Skinserum, Skinserum, or ARC Labs.

• Du
      Jan 28, 2016

I have also been ripped off by this so called company I placed my trial order on 4th Jan. 2016 they rook two. Payments one for £19.99 and a £3.95. On the 5th the day after another payment of £2.95 was taken. On the 14th January another two payments were taken one for £99 and one for £93. I just wish now I had checked out their website and read all the reviews, I could kick myself for being so stupid. I have a phone number for anyone who wants it [protected] but don't hold your breath about being refunded. I will never send for anymore trial periods ever again, lesson learnt the hard way.

• Va
      Jan 29, 2016

PLEASE PLEASE DONT FALL FOR THIS ITS A TERRIBLE SCAM...
    THEY ARE DEALING UNDER SO MANY DIFFERENT NAMES
    CORE HEALTH
    BETTERSLMSYSTEMS
    SKINVITAL
    EQINOXSCULPTINGSERUM

PLEASE DONT BUY THIS. THEY TAKE THE SAMPLE MONEY THEN 99.00 POUNDS COMES OUT WITHOUT YOU KNOWING!
    there was no dispatch note or address to send the sample back to either. The telephone on line does not work.

• Du
      Jan 31, 2016

An online advert of a Free Sample Trial of RVTL Cream and Day and Night Serum at a postage rate of £2.99 each No other strings attached.
    I took the plunge on 29/12/15 and used my Debit card to pay for the two products. £5.90 was taken out for postage. The products arrived while I was abroad. On checking my bank statements, noticed that ARC had deducted £192.00 from my account on 12/0/16. Rang their London number, number. Did not get anyone to speak to on the phone.
    On 28/01/16, I received a delivery of the same products from Arc Lab Inco. I rang up again and spoke to a lady. Told her I wanted to know their policy of returning unwanted products. There wasn't any.I told her of my horror of discovering deductions on my account by their company, and my wish to stop dealing with dishonest companies. She told me not to worry very much about it. She will resolve the problem by deactivating my account
    immediately. I should not send the items back, but keep them for free. I raised my concern of not feeling comfortable about that arrangement. She reassured me that she will deactivate my account immediately and send an email to that effect. The email arrived and I thanked her for that.
    That same day 28/01/16 ARC Lab Inco had taken out £205.87 from my account. I was mortified, rang my bank to stop transactions made to that company, and returned their products

• Pa
      Feb 10, 2016

I have to agree with every previous comment made on here about the items and the company. I ordered the Xtreme Raspberry Ketone and The Cleanse at the trial price of £2.95 each. I made sure I read the T&C as I have been had by these sorts of people before. Nowhere does it say that you will continue to receive orders and your money automatically taken.
    There is no information or price on the invoice that comes with the order. I rang up today after receiving my second shipment and they did agree to refund the last set of payments.
    I questioned the 1st payments of £99.92 and £95.95 that were taken and he said that was because it wasn't cancelled after 14 days. Like the person TOPOV says, how are you supposed to know within 14 days whether it works or not. He said I should have rung them and asked them to extend the trial to 30 days then I wouldn't have had to pay the full amount. So I asked him exactly was the trial was for if I end up paying full price. He didn't really have an answer for that.
    I told him the company should be reported for being a con and for ripping everyone off.
    I am also fed up with every customer services being manned by Asians. You may speak my language but not clearly enough to be on a customers services line.

Feb 10, 2016

Whilst I agree that this company - and many others like it - are unscrupulous in getting your money and hanging on to it, it seems they are acting quite legally, since their terms and conditions ( the small print) explain fully how the system works. They make you tick the box, stating that you have reads and understand their Terms before you can order. YOU SHOULD READ THE SMALL PRINT and understand exactly what you are committing to in getting your free trial. You can beat them, but only if you read and fully understand their terms and conditions BEFORE YOU ORDER ANYTHING. Otherwise you don't really have any rights other than those outlined in the small print. Note that there are several companies associated with the same addresses (Green Lanes, London and ARC Labs in Cyprus) and phone numbers. RTVLSKIN.co.uk is another of the associated websites, and they also used to trade as Surrey Beauty (may still be trading). Avoid all such websites. The products are not properly tested or certified and probably of little or no use.

• Please does anyone have contact details for Arc labs...both phone number(not Cyprus) and Email.
    I've also been scammed after ordering the RVTL cream, trial only!.They've taken £93 out of my account without my consent.I've rung my bank and cancelled future paymets.Today i've received another package from them, which i'm returning, so need contact details to tell them to cancel future packages and try and get my money back.Please someone help me!.

Feb 13, 2016

Advice to Louise Turner...
    Louise - please read my comment - just before yours on 10 Feb 2016.
    Look on the RVTL web site rvtlskin.co.uk - I think - you should find on there the customer services number(s). Whilst on there, read all of the terms and conditions under which you placed the order for the free trial. That will outline to you the process they have followed, according to your contract with them. No point in following their returns process - they are unlikely ever to acknowledge receipt of your goods even if the addresses actually exist, and if they do they want to charge you all sorts of restocking fees etc. Some days ago I spent a considerable time on the phone to them, and eventually have a promise that the orders / subscriptions are fully cancelled, I would receive no more deliveries, and that I would have a full £93 refund in 5 - 7 working days, and would not be required to return any products. I have all of that in an email from them following the telephone call. I await the refund and if it doesn't show in the stated time, then I have their email and will take appropriate action. If you call them, be firm yet polite. Do read and understand their T's & C's before you call. No point in getting angry with them, they are very well trained in dealing with angry clients on the phone (they get a lot of them). In their eyes they are operating quite legally. They ask you to confirm you have read and understood the terms of the contract before you place your order. If you have already received the second delivery then check your account and make sure they haven't taken another £93 + shipping and be sure they aren't doing it under one of the many other company names they use.

• Thanks for your advice rikky.Out of interest, what did you tell them when they asked if you had read the terms and conditions?. I now have their email address, so will conract them that way first and see if i get an reply.

Feb 13, 2016

HI - when I called them I said that yes, I had read the T's and C's, but insisted that I had sent an email to cancel, just a day after the first product was received and well within the time limits they have set. They just tell you that they haven't received your email. Without a technical audit of their email server there is no simple way to prove or disprove what they say. If you have not already been charged the second payment, and have stopped them taking anymore by informing your bank, then you may as well just put it down to experience and accept that you are very unlikely to get your £93 for the first delivery refunded. If you do get it, or even a part of it, post your experience back here and let everybody know how you managed it. The only revenge I can imagine, is to get several thousand folks organised to order the free trial and then after the postage is charged, immediately cancel any payments to the company. That way they send out thousands of their products and don't get paid for any. It is achievable, but would need a lot of organising and planning. If you haven't actually opened / used the product, you can possibly get some of your money back by selling it on e-bay. I've just seen a full jar and a half jar sell for £37 plus postage. I'll be putting ours on there next week.
    Good luck

• Di
      Feb 16, 2016

I too am being de frauded out of hundreds of pounds by arc lab inc.
    I purchased a sample offer of serum and cream under the equinox name and RVTLD, which I paid for the postage on both.
    Although I returned all serum and cream to Cyprus after speaking to their customer service and being offered a part refund...which I have never received ..I have found out tonight that they have taken more money from my bank account.
    First time money was taken from the company name RVTLD but today it was taken out by splash facials, who I've never heard off!
    Although I never subscribed to any off these companies I have been told by the bank that even if I changed my account number and card number it wouldn't make a difference as I've somehow subscribed to them they can continue to take money out of my account under any subsidiary company name.

These people need finding and brought to justice and I cannot believe in this day and age nobody can do this.

• Re
      Feb 22, 2016

I signed up for a one month trial of these products so was surprised when I received another package a month later so I return them only to receive another batch. I am now in a state of shock after receiving my credit card statement and being charged £205.87

I thought I was signing up for a one month trial nowhere was it made clear you needed to cancel the trial within 14 days, This sort of trading is immoral and should be made illegal.

Mar 08, 2016

I guess it's kind of comforting to know that I'm not the only person that has been ripped off by this company. Unluckily for me I am down about £400 at the moment. Same as everyone else, I thought I was signing up for a "Risk Free" trial, for which I would just have to pay for postage. Like one of the early posts, mine came through Facebook & as soon as I'd applied for it, I was immediately offered a complimentary product, which I also accepted. My only saving grace, is that I used a credit card & not a debit card or my bank details as I have at least been able to ensure that they never get any more money out of me.

At the moment I have a complaint with their so called Customer Services department which I have chased up again this morning but having read this I am not going to hold my breath about getting my money back, although at this point I would be quite happy to get half of it back. At least that would be better than nothing.

I can't believe we have no legal recourse with these people. I think I might give Citizens Advice a call to see if they can clarify that. I would've thought we could go through the small claims court - particularly if the product doesn't work.

I have bookmarked this page & will post again if I get anything useful.

May 06, 2016

I have returned and had no feedback, I have tried to cancel and had no look.

Can anyone please give me a phone number or email address to stop this

[protected]@me.com

• Ta
      Jun 02, 2016

i am also scammed by the company under different name but return department address is same so is there any law that can stop this kind of scamm product. have any one returned this product to po box 42388 larnaca 6533 cyprus.

Sep 22, 2016

I also answered facebook ad for RTL cream, and I also was sent Equinox serum as well. If not for that, I would not have contacted their customer support (UK Number is [protected]). I did this to report that they had sent me an unwanted item, and when I questioned how much I was to be charged for that, I discovered that the RTL cream was only £4.95 for postage, and they intended to take out another £99 in ten days time, plus the same for the (unordered) Equinox cream. Customer support was not at all helpful, I contacted Mastercard and told them what happened, they have blocked further payments and I have also returned both items to Cyprus as per their return address. I am thankful I escaped in time and wish to warn others of this. In my opinion this Company is one huge SCAM.

• Na
      Oct 26, 2016

I just had a very similar experience and now I can't afford my university fee. I saw their ad for the free trail and thought I would give it a go. Plenty of big letters saying FREE TRIAL JUST PAY FOR POSTAGE but no big letters saying WE WILL TAKE OUT £95 FROM YOUR ACCOUNT AND WE WILL NOT TELL YOU ABOUT IT! I cancelled the direct debit with my bank and called the customer services team. I spoke to a man and he explained from his script about the policy. If it wasn't for the fact I told him that as they've taken the money out without me knowing I can't pay my university fees he wouldn't have offered me anything. He offered a 40% refund. I have a reference number and if I don't get that money I'm calling back!

• Ta
      Mar 03, 2017

I have also been a victim of this so called company ARC LABS INC. That’s the name they mention on their Dispatch Note, but on the bank statement it mentions BESTSKIN & SMARTCREAM. I saw an online advert for a Free Sample Trial of RVTL Cream and Day & Night Serum at a postage rate of £2.99 each. No other strings attached. Suddenly without any notification from the seller they started debiting my account with amounts of £105.94 & £99.93 respectively. I called them to cancel my orders (which I never agreed to anyway) and they couldn't even recognise the Order nos. in their system, which are mentioned on their own paperwork! They even had the nerve to offer me a discounted price of £39.00 for each product!!! I asked them to send me a confirmation that I called to cancel receiving their products and they said that the conversation is being recorded and that they would send me an email which I asked them to read it to me. So they did have my email all along, but never bothered to inform me about the charges. To be sure I have also called my bank and asked them to block them from getting any further payments from my account.

• Dr
      Mar 31, 2017

I would like to add that I been a victim to this SCAM in recent months. Three amounts of circa £100 added to the credit card that i gave them for post and package of the initial order.
    I have referred the matter to fraud.

They will surely get their comeuppance - but no doubt NOT until they have cause more misery.

Nasty, nasty set up.

•   May 06, 2017

I also got scammed by Arc Labs Inc via an pop up on an online survey to win £1, 000 worth of Morrison's vouchers ... Received Dermagen IQ and Wild Raspberry Ketone. Luckily my bank fraud department alerted me to the attemped debit of £79.31 from my account... my bank has blocked any further attempts to debit monies form VISION OF WELLNESS and for CARE DERM SKIN. Bank advised me to cancel my subscription ( which I never agreed to) I emailed them but emails bounced back to me undelivered, and I then rang the UK numbers [protected] and [protected] - BOTH SAME AUTOMATED NUMBERS !! Hopefully this will now be cancelled and I have returned the unused portions of the items back to CYPRUS along with a photocopy of the dispatch notes, at my own expense.
    Hope this information is helpful for others. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that's the end of it.