Arby's / poor customer service!

Yesterday my kids, sil, nephew went to the mall. All the kids decided they wanted to eat in the food court. My 12 yr old nephew and 14 year old son went off to order from Arby's.

I could see them from where we were sitting. The line was huge with customers waiting to order. My son comes back with his food. Nephew is still waiting as I could see. He finally brings his food to the table and says he was waiting on a cup of cheese. He returns to wait some more. Now mind you I can see the counter from where I am and he is standing alone with no other customers at the pick up counter. I see him leaning on the counter doing that drumming thing with his hands that boys always do. He came back and said a girl walked right up and asked for cheese and the employee gave it to her and looked at him and said see how rude some people can be. I went up to the counter to find out what the problem is. I stood there a while before any one paid attention to me. I asked for a cup of cheese and this girl started SCREAMING at me that he was banging on the counter so she would not give him any. I apologized if she thought he was being rude but he didn't mean anything by it because he does it all the time. She just kept screaming at me and half of it I couldn't understand. I told her he was just a kid and he really didn't mean to be rude. She screamed she is a kid also because shes only 16 and then claimed she had 6 people waiting for their food before him. I told her I could see from where I was sitting and there was no one else there so she was choosing to ignore him. I turned to walk away and she called me a B####! I asked for a manager and a man came from behind an area where he was preparing food. He spoke no English so that was going to be a problem. I asked a 3rd lady that was there for a corporate number.

No one could find one. I asked for the managers name or owner. All 3 just kind of looked at each other and one said Well, maybe Donna. I asked for the girls name that called me the name. No one would tell me. There was a huge line of people waiting to order and I was so embarrassed that everyone was witnessing this so we walked away. I arrived home and went on line to find some info. Found a number and called but the lady they said I needed to talk to was out and leave a voice mail. I did and am still waiting to hear from her.

Va

Comments

• Pm
      18th of Feb, 2011

On Saturday Feb. 12, 2011; I was in the Arby's in St. Peter, MN. I was standing by the counter waiting for my food and One of the employees yelled at another employee so that about 5 customers to hear. The employee that got yelled at looked like she wanted to cry. I dont care who you are you have no right to put anybody down in front of customers. If she isnt do something right take her aside and tell her. If this ever happens again at this store I will never go into another arbys and I dont think the St. Peter, Mn location can afford to lose any business. I give the employee that got yelled at praise because she actually was cleaning the top and bottoms of the trays. Usually they only wipe the top. I hope in your customer service training you let your employees know about this concern.

• Rm
      30th of Jan, 2012

You are not going to hear anything back from this company. You have to go to there web site and file a complaint there. It took me a week before anyone called me back. ( that was due to the fact that i told them i was going to make it public)

• La
      30th of Jan, 2012

What RMBarber is saying is true they won't pick up the phone too hear someone complain and I'm very sorry that happened too you that should never had happened. But if they don't respond call the office that owns Ardy's like how Mcdonald's is owned by Maxx Foods inc.

• Se
      4th of Feb, 2012
    Arby's - customer service
    arbys kenmore ny
    delaware ave
    Kenmore
    New York

I am appalled at how i was treated this evening at store # 0115 on delaware ave in kenmore, NY. I arrived through the drive-thru at 10:55 pm, with a car in front of me. The car in front of me was served, ans as i waited at the order menu...for several minutes with no response from the server (despite repeated "hello's', the lights were turned off on me, while i was sitting at the menu (with a car still in front of me waiting for food.)...i proceeded ahead until they received their food, and waited at the window. The employees avoided me for several minutes, and finally came to the window. I asked why they turned the lights off on me...SHE stated that "they closed while the customer in front of me was being served." Thats not right. Is it because i am older black gentleman, and not worth your business??? Or, did she have a party to attend. Whatever the reason, SHE (didnt get a name) is not worth being on your payroll. I have never been treated like this, especially in this area of buffalo where foodservice establishments are nice and appreciative of business. I would like resolution to this, otherwise i will be contacting every local media outlet and news station in the area to have my story conveyed and reflect on the business that this local arbys conducts. I am outraged by this treatment, and demand a call or contact explaining why i was treated like this. I absolutely want to know why the white gentleman in front of me was served but i was pushed away...all because they couldn't serve fast enough. This is ludicrous. I will be calling for a manager monday morning regarding this.

• Qu
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Arby's Restaurant Group - Chiken,burger,poppers
    Ravenna,ohio

Our roastbeef was good, however our poppers looked and tasted like a greasy freezer burnt mess, horrible, last week my mom and son got undercooked chicken and burger...not a safe practice I WILL NOT BE BACK, a shame i like the roastbeef, but worry about quality

• Nu
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Arby's Restaurant Group - Sponsorship

As you support Laura Ingraham's show with sponsorship, I will no longer shop in your stores. Your sponsorship indicates that you are complicit with her ideals and lack of concern for humanity.

• He
    Arby's Restaurant Group - Gyro Special
    Atascocita
    Texas

I stopped in at the Arby's in Atascocita because they had a sign up advertising Gyros at 2 for 6. When I went inside to order the lady at the counter wouldn't sell them to me for that. She said they don't have that special anymore. Now they don't have me as a customer anymore. Why would you advertise a special you won't honor???

• Mr
    Arby's Restaurant Group - advertising
    Mesa
    Arizona

Why do you want to advertise on Laura Ingram's show? She is disrespectful to the teens from Fla. please consider associating Arbys with a wholesome program there are many others out there I am sure! It is time for businesses to think about the quality of its advertisers. Ingram is only apologizing now after the fact.

• Ro
    Arby's Restaurant Group - Customer
    Spokane
    Washington

The manager at the arbys on division in spokane Washington does not want my service dog in the restaurant peopl with service animal s have the rights to bring them inside

• Br
    Arby's Restaurant Group - Poor customer service, awful food
    Columbus
    Ohio

Potato cake saturated in grease! Manager (Crystal) was rude with no apology!

• Di
    Arby's Restaurant Group - Laura Ingraham advertising

Very disappointed that my favorite fast food restaurant is advertising on Laura Ingraham's show. She's a very poor representative for your chain. SAD. David Dunn

• Ri
    Arbys - All foods

The boycotting of Laura Inghram on Fox is not appreciated . I very much like your foods / products but not enough to spend monies on them when "Arbys" makes this type of political statement.
    Until "Arbys" decides. To stay out of politics / boycotting business and stay "in the Meat" business, I will not patronize them

• Rm
    Arby's - Poor management
    Crossville
    Tennessee

I was injured at work. No medical treatment has been offered to this day. I go back today to get my proof of income just to be told they'll have to get a supervisor to approve. The woman I was talking to was the acting manager and just didn't want to give it cause of an OSHA complaint. Do your managers not realize how bad this looks?

• 1d
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Arby's Restaurant Group - Ads on laura ingraham
    Virginia Beach
    Virginia

That lady has no business calling out high schoolers, victims of violence.
    Very very bad for a national broadcaster. No compassion.

• Co
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Arby's Restaurant Group - Food
    Chradon

Your employees are very lazy my bother throw up today at your chardon neb arby and your employees didn't clean it up thery made my stuff do it all

• In
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Arby's Restaurant Group - My last paycheck from when I left
    Memphis
    Tennessee

I left Arby's because of transportation issues and I was wanting to know why I never got my last paycheck??? Please call or email me ASAP @9016905889 and indiaaustin2001@outlook.com

• Bo
      6th of Sep, 2018
    Arby's Restaurant Group - Apple Crisp Dessert

Am very curious to know, who in the upper management of Arby's, decided to add whipped topping to the WARM Apple Crisp...Tried this last night and after a 15 minute drive home, I had whipped Soup on top..By the time I pried the lid off, most of it ended up in my napkin...Just curious

6th of Sep, 2018
    Arbys - Service
    St clairsville
    Arbys.com

I visited arbys in st clairsville on 11/10/17. It was one of the very few times I have ever eaten at arbys so when I did try to order my meal at the drive thru, the woman was very rude to me and talked to me like I was stupid. I should of asked for her name but I never did.

18th of Sep, 2018
    Arby's Restaurant Group - service

Just in the drive thru Griffin location the people in front of me pulled up and then backed and almost hit my car. As I approached the window I asked what happen. They explained the ladies concern about the manager having bad day. when I come the manager with the is always smiling people should really be mind full of it. Y'all have a great team.

• Tr
      19th of Sep, 2018
    Arby's Restaurant Group - service
    Vestal
    New York

On 8/17/2017 at approximently 8:25 pm I went into Arby's to place my order and waited 10 minutes and was finally told that they were unable to wait on me due to the drive through line being to long and I should go through it to place my order. This was so inconvenient for me.
    I'm writing this so it does not happen again and should not be excepted.