Arbors Management & Realty / Unethical Business Practices

1 2189 Cleveland Street, Suite 225, Clearwater, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 727-462-9999

Rented a house from Arbors Management, which had gas code violations and county code violations before I even moved in. They were cited for these violations by the County and Gas Company both during the year I lived there, but I had to spend a large amount of money fixing problem areas, and was not reimbursed, over $5, 000. I also suffered health problems from the gas, plus mold and mildew problems, etc. I withheld the rent eventually, and they took me to Court, where the case was dismissed since I was pro se, so I filed an Appeal, which is pending. I have since moved, but want to warn others about renting from this unethical company!

Ei

More Arbors Management & Realty Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ei
      17th of Nov, 2011

The issue here is not about getting permisssion to make improvements on a rental house in hopes of getting reimbursement. The issue is fixing code violations, which the owner was aware of for years prior to my moving in, but chose to ignore! Due to these violations, I could have died in my sleep, had no hot water, and Code Enforcement was preparing to take Arbors Management to Court. Bob Anderson of Arbors Management posted a notice on my front door that I destroyed property, which was actually done years prior to my moving in, and part of the Code Enforcement reports with photos. The Judge would not allow my evidence or witnesses, dismissed the case, which is currently in Appeal and pending. This complaint was to make renters aware of "slum landlords" and why renters must fight for justice !

18th of Nov, 2011

Two weeks before my lease expired, Arbors Management & Realty took me to Court, and I made the mistake of putting my rent money in the Court Registry on the advice of the Clerk of the Court, and filed a Counterclaim. Meanwhile, local Code Enforcement kept giving them extension after extension, etc. to fix things, the reason I did a lot of work myself. Bob Anderson of Arbors Management & Realty told me to increase the property value, and send them the receipts, but would not reimburse me, and never returned my phone calls, etc. Bob Anderson also tried to get Code Enforcement to say that I was at fault, which they refused to do. Court was a joke, as the Judge said she made her decision in the beginning, and dismissed the case, but I filed an Appeal, which is still pending.

• La
      18th of Feb, 2012

Arbors is one of the better property management companies in central Florida. They have handled my rental for a few years without incident. I have found them to be honest and trustworthy. I'm sorry, but it just sounds like you're one of those opportunistic renters that drives landlords crazy, always looking to get over on a property owner. You should of inspected the property well before you moved in, now you're playing the victim game here. Renters like you have no problem trying to devalue good, legitimate businesses like Arbors. It's funny your review is just about the only negative review we can find about Arbors on the internet, could it be that they (Arbors) are doing something right, where as you on the other hand have a bone to pick?

20th of Feb, 2012

It seems that either this person is a "Slum Landlord" themselves, or did not check out their facts thoroughly! The house owner was cited for numerous Code Violations prior to my moving into this house, which I was not aware of. Pinellas County Code Enforcement cited Arbors Management (Bob Anderson, Rental Agent) during my residency. The Gas Company also cited Arbors Management for Gas Violations, and shut off the gas twice due to possible leaks. Besides this, I was threatened by Bob Anderson for Arbors Management, forcing me to contact the Pinellas County Sheriff, which was documented in writing. Those are facts that can be verified, not assumed!

• Sn
      23rd of Jul, 2012

E.A. Nece, No, I'm not a slumlord by any stretch. All of my properties are refreshed at the end of every lease and all my repairs are done immediately. I even give my tenants the month of Christmas free of rent, that's hardly a slumlord. You are the type of nightmare tenant that landlords despise and we end up spending most of our profits running around dealing with problem tenants like yourself. Is there a reason you're the only one here complaining about Arbors? Hmmm...

27th of Oct, 2012

Evidence speaks louder than words (i.e. - Code Enforcement reports, etc. ), which you should read before making slanderous remarks you can be held liable for in a Court of Law. Unlike most people who are easily intimidated by threats, I am not, and direct these threats, etc. to the proper sources (i.e. - Police Department, etc.), where they can be traced! At least I use my real name, unlike you with an "alias" you have to hide behind! I have nothing to hide, as I can prove what I say!

• Sn
      15th of Feb, 2013

Eileen, you are more than likely a terrible tenant and I kick myself every time I end up with a trashy tenant such as yourself. Your type always try tactics to get out of paying rent, your type really makes it hard on landlords. Get a life!

15th of Feb, 2013

If Landlords took care of their properties there would not be problems, where Code Enforcement is forced to intervene and make the Landlord fix the property per Florida Statutes, so the renter is not the victim. All my rent monies went into the Court Registry so the owner got paid in full. It appears that you are one of those "slum landlords" that is trying to get out of fixing your rental property according to the law, so must make excuses to save face at the expense of others. I have a life, it is called college, maybe you need to take some courses on being honest with yourself and face "reality", not criticize others who are doing things right!