Arbonne / bogus claims

I just went to my first (and last) Arbonne get-together. What a waste of my time! A friend is being suckered into selling this overpriced line by a rep who made dishonest claims. She actually said that all the products were MADE in Switzerland. They are supposedly "formulated there...)

The rep went so far as to have us imagine the Alps, and said even the water in the formula was from the Alps in Switzerlad and that all the organic plants used were grown there, and were better because the air there is not polluted. She repeatedly said,"We only use pure and natural vegan ingredients."

Since all of her claims were untrue, I have to guess that she is either dishonest, gullible, or plain *. I checked things out and found that through cleverly worded marketing ads, one might assume part of her claims were true.

For some reason, they claim all their products are"Swiss Formulated"and mean nothing more than the formulas for these toxic products were invented in Switzerland. They are not imported, so the meaning of"formulated"is debatable and misleading.

Saying all their natural products are pure, means absolutely nothing! One look at the crazy-long ingredient list tells you most are NOT natural, so their purity is moot. The precense of several known carcinigens is enough for me to never consider investing in their products. Even if they vigorously explain that they are trying to eliminate any toxic ingredients and find healthy replacements.

For me, that is unacceptable.

Also, their"direct"marketing certainly does NOT save the consumer any money. Their comparison to outrageous"premium brands" is silly! And yet apparently women fall for it. Sad.

Au

Comments

• Re
      25th of Jan, 2011

You're an idiot. So what if the products are formulated in Switzerland, yet made in the U.S? What is the big deal? Would you rather have them made in a sweat shop by a group of 6 year olds in Thailand? Some American you are. Eek.
    And as far as the ingredients, Arbonne can back up every ingredient (which is available to the public - it's no secret) as to what plant, fruit, flower or vegetable they are derived from. And bottom line, this is why the products are more expensive - because they take the time and spend money on resources to formulate safe products. Any smart human being knows that it's cheaper to formulate ingredients from chemicals and/or by-products. It's why taco bell is under fire for saying they used ground beef when it's actually textured vegetable protein. It's cheaper than real meat. You probably think your perfume is actually made from real flowers. Sorry honey, it's just a chemical that is made to smell like it. Come on, educate yourself.

• Lo
      31st of Jul, 2011

Do you know which carcinogens are used in the products? Is it in all the skincare, or just a couple of products? Their line is approved by some modeling company.

• Wa
      25th of Jul, 2013

I agree with reiemher ! Sounds like the rep jumped in and didn't do her homework on the company which led her to misslead you . I suggest you try another party with different rep and actually use the product.They are formulated in Switzerland but are made in the USA !!! I can sleep a night knowing a 6 year old in a sweat shop is not making anything I use with Arbonne. For this and the fact they make great products, I will gladly pay a higher price. Remember, you get what you pay for so you might think about actually using some of their products before you knock them! I did alot of research on the company 7 years ago when I was introduced to it before I used the products at that time I choose to just use the products and not sell wish I had back then. Several people that was just starting out then are still there and are doing better than you can imagine all because it truely is the best. Sorry you feel that way about them, maybe you will think about what I said and give them a chance . I suggest the Re9, thats what I started on 7 years ago and I am 42 but everyone tells me I look 28-30. Thank You Arbonne!