Arbonne / e-bay

United Kingdom Review updated:

The Corporate Head office of Arbonne have made legal agreements with e-bay that their products not be sold by anyone on e-bay - whether that that be in U.S.A.; U.K; Australia and S, Africa. It is totally detrimental to all Arbonne Consultants who are building a legitimate business with Arbonne. Yes, there are many stupid people out there who over stock( or are just money-grabbing opportunists ) - but to off-load products onto e-bay is ILLEGAL. Please lookinto this and you will find that such a policy exists.
CECILE .
[protected]@hotmail.co.uk

Comments

• Re
      Jan 22, 2012

I wouldn't call it "cheating the system" so much as I would call it "cheating your clients", actually. Arbonne is a direct sales company for a reason...all of the complaints that I have read here (some legitimate, some not) have a right to be heard, which means their Consultants should have tended to their problem, whether it's a problem with a product or building their business. I am ashamed of all the Uplines and Consultants who have apparently not done so for these complainants.

It is not fair to clients who buy from eBay, which is why Arbonne doesn't allow it. It has nothing to do with "stifling our business". Those clients have the right to personal attention from you in all manners. Not doing so results in complaints such as I have been reading about on here...no answers to their problems or complaints. And that is what gives Arbonne a bad name to these people, which is a shame.

If I just wanted a skincare product, I could go grab one off any shelf at any store. I prefer knowing exactly what is going on (and in) my skin, which means education, which means a personal consultant, which does not mean eBay or a lame consultant who ignores their clients' complaints. My health is not "up for Bids" on eBay or anywhere else.

All that said, I realize that the internet is ONE of the best ways to "get your point across" these days, and actually Arbonne realizes it, too. You can get your own website (professionally done) through Arbonne...yes, it takes some effort to promote it (this is still a "job", afterall, not a free ride), but it doesn't cheapen the product or yourself by putting both up for bids with no follow-through for someone who wants more than a product full of chemicals and crap that they can buy anywhere. They deserve more than that, and that is the basic premise of Arbonne.

If you sell on eBay (or anywhere else that is basically impersonal), you will probably make a lot of sales, yes, but I can guarantee you that you won't have many loyal repeat customers, which is how you make money in this business if that is all you are wanting. They will just move on to the next good deal that they can bid on. I am not preaching...I know this from experience when I was new to the company...I thought if I could just get everyone to TRY it, they would "fall in love" and that would be it. Nope. Some did, of course, but the vast majority weren't using it for the right reasons, which is being educated on WHY you don't want all those harmful ingredients in and on your skin.

You will be doing yourself and your clients a greater service by making a personal connection with them, even if it is just through the internet, but eBay is not the effective, long-run way to do it, for either of you!! It makes our products look cheap, actually, and that is not what we want to portray, right??

Much success to you!!

• Cl
      Sep 16, 2014

I understand the rationale in purchasing products from an intelligent and knowledgeable consultant. What I don't understand from your response is why Arbonne products continue to be posted on EBay if it is "illegal". Saying or authoring a statement is not addressing the "real" challenge in this specific comment. If the Arbonne company does not take legal action to stop the illegal selling of products on EBay; how is the company supporting both its consultants and clients?