Arande Towing / They only allow the registered owner to pick up the truck.

My car was up on an outstanding traffic charge. The police had towed the vehicle to Arande Towing. I called 2 days later when I found out what had happened. I have no possibility to take the car as I am flying away for few months and they only allow the registered owner to pick up the truck.

La
Apr 9, 2013

Comments

9th of Apr, 2013

I live in Michigan, and I can support them telling you that only the "registered owner" can pick up the vehicle, it also has to have up to date tags & insurance for them to allow you to drive it off the lot ! You can tow it, if they are expired, however they will not allow a tow truck other than theirs in their fenced lot (due to liabilities, injury or damages to property). So since you can't drive it out of the gate, you really cannot tow it without paying them to tow it for you ! You also cannot make any repairs on your vehicle on their property (due to liability issues), so can't change a tire to drive it out, so once again you'll have to pay them to tow your vehicle !
    I do not work for a towing co. I've just had my fair share of experiences being a business owner with multiple vehicles. I can also relate to them in some ways... The whole liability issue if someone is injured or property is damaged on their property, their held responsible and their ins. premium will sky rocket ! It's already very hard to afford it's so expensive. I understand in that aspect, however... I think they could help people out, after all they are most likely a resident of the city / county - help thy neighbor ! They could drive the vehicle out of the fenced area themselves... Or offer to change a tire for a small fee if you supply the tire (most tires will go flat when they sit, so this is very common).
    My advise to you is to research the State / County / Township laws & regulations that tow companies have to abide by. I just googled mine 4 months ago when this happened to me. I found out that the tow co. charged me for things they were not allowed to, and that they should not have towed my vehicle in the first place as it did not apply to any of the laws to be towed ie: not broken down, not damaged, not abandoned, in a parking space provided to me to use in the parking lot at my leased office, not stolen, was used daily for work ! Anyways they charged me for 2 calender days when I was there to pick it up 10 hours after it was towed - less then 24 hours. This is a law, they cannot charge per calender date if you pick up your car within 24-48 hours. They charged me for them to transport my car to the police station to check the Vin (to see if it's stolen) This is a law however... The law says they have to contact the police dept. within 24 ? hours after they have the towed vehicle at their lot ! So they charged me for traveling to the police dept. when they are supposed to call after they get to their yard ! READ THE LAWS !! I think you might be able to add someone onto your title, then you can have them retrieve it OR transfer the title into someone else's name so they can retrieve it. There's gotta be some way you can get around being there in person if your out of town ! Good Luck to you !!