Aquatic Connection / Unfinished business

1 5401 NW 102nd Bldg 115Lauderdale Lakes, FL, United States Review updated:

Hi my name is Carlos Reyes, I'm from Phoenix Arizona, the issue I have is with a company that I found on the Internet AQUATIC CONNECTION (aquacon.com) I bought two sharks from them and payed $700 for both two years ago, they only had one and said they were going to sent the other one when their divers catch another one, and that has not happen since then, I told them to give me the money or another fish, anything that they have in stock and for the past 2 years all I had to deal with its been excuses and hard time getting my calls through which they are not picking up my calls and the only way that I can talk to them is by borrowing somebody's cell phone and I'm just tired of it, so if you can help me I would really appreciate I do not know what to do and where to start, thanks.

Va

Comments

• Ba
      15th of Jan, 2010

I was ripped off by them also!! Paid them $179.00 for salt water live rock advertised on their website on 11/20/09. I have never received the merchandise that I paid for or a refund after MANY attempts to contact them. They totally refuse to respond to me in anyway. I even sent them a fax copy of my receipt with order # and ask for a refund.

I have since found many complaints on the internet about this company and the owner Ron Ratoff. RATOFF - that name is appropriate!!

If anyone has any suggestions as to what can be done about this company, please let me know. I am a nurse and worked hard for that money and evidently there are many others that Aquatic Connection (aquacon.com) has preyed upon.

Barbara Taylor
    PO Box 51
    Golden, TX 75444
    taybar@peoplescom.net

• Tr
      26th of Feb, 2010
    Aquatic Connection - Dead fish, missing fish, late shipping, no customer service through phone or emails, awaiting the refund they promise!
    aquacon.com
    5401 NW 102nd Bldg 115
    Ft Lauderdale
    Florida
    Phone: 954-747-8511
    aquacon.com

This company is a con! After I asked for a refund, they tricked me into giving me a free seahorse worth $20 for my business that I spent $270.85

Late shipping!

Fish arrive DEAD on ARRIVAL!

Partial of my order was missing!

Ships Fish that are sick with parasites called Ick!

Poor customer service!

It's been three weeks and I'm still trying to fight for my refund that this company promised me for fish that never made it. I check my bank account daily but refund yet. I contacted the State Attorney General of Florida and reported them to the BBB.

Please be aware and just stay away!

• Tr
      19th of Mar, 2011

This company is a rip off!! My live rock was late, frozen, and dead. Have been fighting with them for 2 months. Lots of excuses but nothing else. They way it was shipped is a joke. Nothing like they advertise. DO NOT buy from these people!!!

• Aq
      9th of Nov, 2013

***DO NOT WORK WITH AQUACON***** THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH YOU EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT!!!

Working with Aquacon was the worst experience I ever had when ordering online. ($600 + purchase)
    They have absolutely no regard to customer satisfaction but most of all do not take it seriously when it comes to delivering items as promised. I ordered 75lbs Premium Fiji rock x-large and large pieces. They sent me a bunch of flat pieces of rock. I told them about the issue and they said “we can fix this and we will send you a new box. I think your order was mixed up with someone else.” I was happy until two weeks later I come home to find they only sent 25lbs of medium size rocks that included one actual good rock and the rest small and flat pieces.
    I tried my best working with them by reaching out but they delay their responses so that week’s go by. They never wanted to come to a resolution. I offered to exchange all the rocks and send the old ones back but they would not help. They would not give me a refund or give me an address to mail back the rocks.

Step by Step Story.
    - I ordered and paid for 75 lbs of Premium Fiji Live Rock Large and X- Large
    - I received an "incorrect batch probably", as stated by Aquacon over the phone during our last conversation. The batch I received was 75 lbs and looks like the assortment Flat pieces. Not even close to what I ordered or close to what is depicted on your site.
    - Aquacon told me over the phone that I "probably received the wrong batch and you would send a new box to compensate for my order and to correct the error".
    - Then I received 25 lbs of small and medium size pieces. Again, this order was still incorrect and included flat pieces. I am okay with the medium pieces because I asked for this size. There is a price difference in x-large and large pieces from medium and small pieces, correct? I was never given the difference for this.
    - I've emailed Aquacon countless times and they had taken weeks to reply to any of my emails and the final email is basically saying, “Why should we refund your money, there is nothing wrong”