Aquascape Designs / Defective Product

1 901 Aqualand WaySt Charles, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-877-6637

Beware of there water garden products!
Aquascape's pumps are a total failure anddisaster! I have had to replace mine 6 times in 2 years. There underwater lights are not any better. They leak and short out. Some people consider their product the "Cadillac" of pond products but I say it's more like the lemon of the industry. They try to hide the problems and make you feel like it is your fault. I have just found out this has been an on going problem since the pumps were introduced in 2002 involving 10;'s of thousands of pumps. Some one should start a class action lawsuit!

Comments

• Ro
      26th of Aug, 2008

Do NOT do business with this company.

We are on Pump #3 in 4 years. One engineer at the company told us that they had a problem with leaking seals, and this problem has now been corrected. BUT "Customer Care" says that problem was 4 years ago and has long since been corrected. (Mind you, we're on Pump #3)

Additionally, the company's warranty is from the date the FIRST pump was installed, and they do not warrant each subsequent pump, as they should. That tells us that they know they have problems.

In fact, "Customer Care" (and we use this term VERY LOOSELY) offered a 25% discount only if we made a decision in the next 4 hours to buy. (Why would we buy a fourth product from them when the first 3 didn't work, and the warranty isn't any good?)

Repeat: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

If anyone out there is interested in starting a class action lawsuit against this company, let us know.

• To
      9th of Apr, 2010

Aquascape was wonderful replacing the pump we had in for a couple of years. There was no hassle. I do agree that their lights are useless. I have to replace the bulbs every year and the light every other year.

tony@tesar-reynes.com