Aquaquik Universal Pool Filtration System / Leaks, leaks, leaks

United States, Florida Review updated:
Needed a better filter for above ground pool. Saw the Aquaquik Universal Pool Filter System at a local pool store. Tried checking it out online, but it hadn't been reviewed yet. My mistake for taking a chance on it. First few days I was ecstatic. Worked like a charm, then reality sunk in. Cheaply made and it began leaking everywhere. First around the hose attachments. I reattached hoses with some sealant and tried again. Next leak is around the top piece which adjusts the water flow (I haven't figured out how to stop that yet). Then it began to leak around the top seal which has a rubber gasket and large clamp mechanism to keep it from leaking. I have tried some sealant around that area and am watching to see if that works. And now this morning I woke up to what I thought was a rain storm, but turned out to be the hose they supply with system cracked and water had been pouring out all night. My pool has lost about half the water. I would try to return it but I also had to purchase about $50. of filter sand. I am going to replace the hose and keep trying, but I am not a happy camper. If I were buying again I would do more research and look for a filter with plenty of good reviews. I've owned the system for approx. 30 days.

N  16th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I wish I would of check out this pump first, Leaks leaks leaks. Call company replace top with no problem. after I get all new parts I"ll let you know whats happen. Hope no more leaks.
A  29th of Aug, 2009 by
i have had the same luck as you. I bought mine from pinch a penny with them swearing about how great it worked. Well mine is now leaking so bad that i also lost half the water from the pool mine is leaking around the top crank where you switch from filtration to clean the sand. I am not sure how to repair this but i am going to try tomorrow. i would stay away from this product
N  18th of Jun, 2010 by
Same problems here...leaks, leaks, leaks. I'm calling the store for a refund, replacement, anything. What a disappointment!
N  5th of Jul, 2010 by
Handle just broke...called GAME...waiting
N  5th of Sep, 2010 by
And I thought I was the only one!!! I've been through like 3 pump to filter hoses and 2 top seals and it still leaks. The handle broke and they did replace it. So it looks like I need to look for a new one for next season. I'm tired of "fixing" this darn thing and it isn't fixable. Terrible product. The company should recall them and give everyone a refund!