Aqua FinanceTerrible experience

3 years ago, we purchased a water softener system and receiving financing through Aqua Finance. Approximately 2 years ago, we defaulted on our contract and were sued. Judgment was entered against us 1.5 years ago.

From the month that judgment was entered against us, we submitted to Aqua Finance a repayment plan, to which they never responded. We immediately began making payments under our proposed payment plan, exceeding our original payment plan, and to date have not missed or been late on one payment since initiating the repayment plan.

Today I was contacted by an attorney's office representing Aqua Finance stating that they had a judgment and wanted to make payment arrangements. I explained to the attorney's office that I was making payments to Aqua Finance and he stated that he does not have any record of payment for 1.5 years (since the judgment). Clearly I have proof through my canceled checks that payment has been received, and I've also received confirmation directly from Aqua Finance in the form of letters stating they've received my monthly payments.

I suggested to the attorney's office that he contact his client for proof of my payment history and he told me it was my burden to prove I've been paying. I explained that my obligation under the judgment is to repay Aqua Finance and that is where my obligation ends. He said he would initiate garnishment proceedings since I'm not paying. I reiterated that I am paying and have been paying and he told me that I need to provide him proof. We went back and forth for some time until he became very belligerent and eventually hung up on me.

I immediately called Aqua Finance and spoke to a representative. The representative told me that she cannot discuss my account with me and that I would need to speak to their attorney. I explained that I have tried to but that he refuses to contact you and that you need to provide proof that I'm paying. I requested a full accounting of my history and she stated she would mail it to me. I asked her to provide to me the name and address of the attorney and she said she did not have that information available to her. When the attorney's office contacted me, they had blocked their number.

My frustration with Aqua Finance is their obvious complete disorganization with collection accounts and their practice of contracting with attorneys and agencies who resort to bully tactics in an attempt to collect on their accounts. While I'm an exception (as I am paying on my account per the judgment), how many others are out there experiencing this clear violation of their rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act? I fully intend to file complaints with the Consumer Protection Division of the district attorney's office against both Aqua Finance and the attorney representing them as well as with the Kansas Bar Association.

My advice - stay away from Aqua Finance. They're unscrupulous and have extremely poor business standards. Perhaps we'll soon see them on Capitol Hill asking for a bail out.

Me

Comments

Dec 12, 2008

I suggested to the attorney's office that he contact his client for proof of my payment history and he told me it was my burden to prove I've been paying. I explained that my obligation under the judgment is to repay Aqua Finance and that is where my obligation ends. He said he would initiate garnishment proceedings since i'm not paying. I reiterated that I am paying and have been paying and he told me that I need to provide him proof. We went back and forth for some time until he became very belligerent and eventually hung up on me.

• Mr
      Dec 23, 2008

Unfortunately we are going through the same issue, i have found another website where someone else had issues and the "Vice President" of the company actually responded. A warning though he does not sound very helpful.

/URL removed/

• Je
      Dec 29, 2008

I totally agree. I personally have had problems. i have paid month after month. trying to get it down from where it was. with no sucess. a few years ago i fell behind and they fixed it. in september of 2008 my wife spoke to them and they refused to take payment spoke with my wife for about 30 mins or so and spoke with amanda. she refused to take payment and refused to make a deal unless we paid all the past due as well as get it fully caught up or they were going to sue us. well now we have a summons. and the balance on this water machine is rediculus i owe the same or more money than 5 years ago when i first started this. it states we have only paid 2, 659.00 and the original balance was 5, 662.00. but i still have a total balance on the account of 5, 501.70 why in the world did i pay these people a dime. why did i even do the water system when they terrorized my lawn didn't put it back caused a big leak. the machine is junk and they put a box over it that wasn't even stained so it is deterurating in the weather. i am disappointed over the quality of the water system and the quality of service, the quality of aqua finance in the ablities to keep you on the phone asking questions they don't really need to know just to say they can't help you and just waisted all your time for nothing. i asked them why it is the same amount as it was when i first started paying and i don't understand why that has not been correctly addressed as of yet. i have been paying for 5 years that is way more than the amount mentioned above. not to say i haven't been late a couple times. i have tried to work with these people. I would say they just like to milk people for every cent they can get out of ya. who knows what will happen now.

• Di
      Feb 06, 2009

I had no idea others had bad experiences with them as well. If I am 3 days late with my payment they begin calling. Usually 3 times a day a different person will call and act like they didn't know someone else had called. They insist to know when I mailed the payment, what is the amount and check number. If I haven't sent it they insist I pay over the phone for an extra charge. They lack good customer service skills. I blame the company policies not the employees themselves.

• Wa
      Feb 09, 2009

Feb 9, 2009

I work for a dealer of water treatment products and we used to use Aqua finance. Aqua Finance is about to go out of business. They owe my boss over 25000 dollars for contracts that we have submitted to them. They are collecting from our customers and are refusing to pay us. They stated to us that they will pay us when they can. They are estimating that they will be paying us sometime at the end of 2009. We are in the process of suing them. I encourage everyone who does business with them to report them to their respective State Attorney General's Offices. They are rude to our customers and they won't even pay their bills. Good luck to everyone out there. I encourage everyone to fill up Aqua Finance's phone lines with complaints.
    [protected]

Feb 28, 2009

I was making my payments and then I get a letter telling me they sold my account to MBC and that I will be making payments to them. Today I get a call from Aqua Finance asking me where their payment is. I refuse to give any more money to anyone. SO who has my account? Aqua Finance or MBC? As far as I'm concerned, it's all bad.

Mar 01, 2019

@angry client I agree totally! I have had the same experience. After purchasing the water for fill Traciann system I got a bill from Connexus Credit union, then I get a letter in the mail saying congratulations here is your bank account number your savings account number and here is your new card. It tells me also to set up my automatic payment plan with them. I was all confused like what is this, aqua finance is the one that has the loan. And the payments I made with checks and mail them in has not shown up on my account at all. The second month after I’ve already purchased this water system, the checking account from Connexus Credit union was hacked. You can’t get a hold of nobody. So I sent out an email to them and told him to close that account. I was not going to make a payment online if it was not a secured system. They never contact me and I didn’t realize how long it it’s been the next thing I know my daughter is the cosigner of the loan gets a notice saying that the loan is going in collections. They rule my daughters credit and her and her boyfriend’s been trying to get all apartment and everything runs on credit now so now they’re in danger or not get an apartment and moving out because this company cannot get its technical payment and receivable department under control. I don’t think I don’t think they do background checks it sounds like they have some fraud going in inside the company. It sounds like this company is more greedy and don’t want to spend money on the technology they need if they are that big of a company. Aqua finance needs to get their act in gather because people are not going to bail out these big companies again. The last ones should’ve just dropped and failed the way it should be and stop scratching each other‘s back‘s and just put him as customers in danger i’ve been homeless, if everything runs on credit, you can’t even get a job now days if you have to have bad credit. They are ruining peoples lives/credit/world trade . The fair trade act was put in place to protect consumers and small businesses from giant corporations that are corrupt and do anything I can do to push out the next better business because their business has gone to hell. And example of this that everybody knows world why is the Tucker’s car because of the movie. He was so advanced in his car that they are a deal holding back some of the conventions that he made on that car because it will make some companies lose money. The smaller companies will make money and they don’t want that to happen although the world could be a better place by now if we just let our aunt to pruners do what they need to do and the world stop being greedy and love each other and protect each other the way everybody preaches to do it. I highly believe in love hope and Faith but you have to live it besides preach it. The world does not like hypocrite.

May 11, 2009

After 3yrs., I was contacted by this attorney who I had an agree amount toand thought this manner was settled. Can't beleive how they work... AFTER 3YRS... I FEEL I'M BEING TAKING ADVANAGE OF...

• So
      Jul 24, 2009

Good to know these complaints as I am sure I will be in the same boat very soon.

Client

• So
      Jul 24, 2009

Thank you for the information. I am sure I will be in the same boat shortly.

• Th
      Jan 16, 2010

WELL, NOBODY WHO DEFAULTS ON ONE´S PAYMENTS WILL HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCES, THAT IS WHAT DUE DATES ARE FOR. YOU DEFAUL, EXPECT AQUA FINANCE TAKES ALL LEGAL ACTIONS TO GET PAID BACK

AND REMEMBER, YOU WILL NOT HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH AQUA FINANCE IF YOU ARE A BAD CUSTOMER. DO NOT BLAME IT ONT HE COMPANY, BLAME IT ON YOU BEING LATE.

GET GOOD CREDIT SCORES, PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME, DO NOT LIVE BEYOND YOUR BUDGETS, DO NOT BUY WATER SYSTEMS IF YOU JUST ARE UNABLE FINANCIALLY TO REPAY A LOAN, READ YOUR CONTRACTS BEFORE SINGNING THEM OFF.

AND WE ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP YOU
    REMEMBER [protected] AQUA FINANCE INC... VERY PROUD OF THAT COMPANY

GOD BLESS AQUA FINANCE AND GOD BLESS OUR GOOD CUSTOMERS WHO DO NOT MISS ONE DAY AFTER THEY ARE DUE, AND ALSO GOD BLESS OUR CUSTOMERS WITH TERRIBLE CREDIT.

Jul 09, 2017

@the truth is that Sorry to bust your bubble but the company is a scam. 17.99 revolving credit with a website that is impossible to follow transaction to payment. Autopay that is done electronically and employment can't get that straight or don't want to so the customer looks like they have not paid which increases interest and another huge Plus for Aqua. Talk to anyone on the phone and show them at aqua problem black and white and they give you their name eat... resubmit online pay again automatic BOOM again. You want to blame bad credit form a scam. Trust me enough people will push this company off the charts and when anyone starts to not shop in stores like Home Depot and think they are protected think again. But again all scams do fall in the end and this too shall pass. Instead of blaming people for bad credit try to resolve issues they are so many. Your an upstanding business their should be no complaints that amount to thousands with the same issues.

Mar 01, 2019

@chasing scams That and I will add that we won’t be bailing them out. The first bail out was a complete failure. There’s even a few banks are still sitting on the stimulus money that they were supposed to help people with an older doing is taking her homes from them because they’re not helping them. And a lot of these people are vets that put their lives up at danger to protect this country and us. We are treating him with this disrespect this our founding fathers gave up their lives so we can live better than they did. We have done that for several generations now and this country and we found a gotten to the generation that is spoiled so rotten that they don’t think nobody but me myself and and people don’t believe in the Bible. You need to pick up that book and read revelations and you can prove it to the world that it’s not true. We’ve already seen things and just this generation of the prophecies it says. It is a proven fact that every atheist that tried to prove the Bible is wrong. They end up being a priest or very religious, look it up, Google it, you’ll find out it’s true. How is the world supposed to go into the future when it doesn’t want to remember it it’s past. Any country who does not know it’s past will repeat it self again, and the repeat is not for the good of the people. If every single person in the world who has a computer and we communicate to each other and join together what can they do. You’re still trying to control the Internet, The Internet took off so fast it was uncontrollable because the people were communicating to each other and uniting in this world and look where we are today with the technology that we can talk back-and-forth from one country to another just the common people and folks. Yellow black white red blue ridge middle class poor we all used it Internet we are ya’ll United in one, think of that. You can also think that this is all happened before, the Bible scripture saying that there’s nothing new under the sun, what kind of technology was there, and who was here with us, when Noah and the flood happen. We are just now discovering some of the technology that was there long long ago.

• 1l
      Feb 10, 2010

"truth the truth is that " obviously works for Aqua Finance and it appears if the majority rules in this forum! For the record I HATE AQUA FINANCE and I truly hope they go out of business sooner than later!

• Ka
      Feb 10, 2010

I agree with the complaints above, Aqua finance inc. falsified information on my credit application
    the made up a higher income and put my joint borrower, my mother on social security, as self employed,
    the put in a wrong birthday on the application along with their other false info.
    I fell behind on payments after 3 Years And because of them trying to sue me I was able to see this application the submitted with out my knowledge.

• Km
      May 19, 2010

If you are reading this to determine if you should take that deal from the sales person...DONT DO IT... Of course by now you probably have. Who would research it before hand? Normally I would have --- but there was no time.

I too was ripped off and lied to by the water softener system sales person. I did not want the system, but with pressure from the sales person and my boyfriend, I gave in. We were told we would pay $100 per month for 5 years. This would be about $800 more than the sale price of the system. Along with this we would get free product for 5 years (thankfully that has been working fine). We both recall reading the paperwork thoroughly and him writing down our agreed to price and finance terms.

I realized after about a year that the bill was not going down the way it should have with the payment -- which ended up being $106. I called Aqua Finance to find out what was going on. They went over my contract with me and Low and Behold...they had no information regarding what we agreed to with the sales person and both vividly remember him writing down. I went through all my paperwork and could not find one thing to support what we both recall. Needless to say I was TAKEN!!! With this payment and rate it would take 10 to 12 years to pay it off. NOT 5!!!

I was in a finical tight spot and asked about reducing my interest, like my other credit card companies were doing for me. The agreed that they could do this, however, it would be considered defaulting on the loan (even though I have never missed or been late with a payment) and it would show this way on my credit report. To top it off, they would then place a lien on my home in the amount of the loan to protect their interest.

Needless to say, I decided to just pay the $106 a month until I had some extra money to pay it off. Thankfully, that day has come and over 2 years into the mess I can pay it off. However, before I do that... I will be checking into the implications of paying it off early. I was told this would be fine...but I really don't trust them or the water softener company at this point.

• Aq
      Nov 08, 2010

Aqua Finance is a crap company. I have had to have 2 surgeries in a short amount of time so I was unable to work, which means I was unable to pay my monthly payments to them. I have fallen behind and called them to work something out and instead I just got a letter in the mail stating they have now put a UCC fixture filing on my property. They should work with people instead of being jerks. I even offered to have them repossess the damn Rainsoft system from my house and they told me they do not do repossessions. They don't even want the crappy system they sold me since they must know it's JUNK. I have never worked with such a horrible company and I feel horrible for anyone else in the boat I'm in. DO NO DO BUSINESS with AQUA FINANCE!!!

• Cj
      Nov 10, 2010

I too had run ins with Aqua finance. I paid on my bill for two years then the economy went down hill and my job was shipped off to Mexico. I had made payment arrangements to pay it off and my wife and I were two payments away from completing our obligation and again I was unemployed due to my work going to Mexico. We called them again and tried to make further arrangements to pay the debt off, which was only two more payments left and they told us that we had to start all over again from the initial amount due! Aqua finance is a bunch of blood suckers that will lie to you and bully you till you can't stand it any more. I did some investigating on the web and found out that they don't communicate with their lawyers and usually don't have any info about their own lawyers or the true status of your account other than the fact that the person who calls you feels that you owe them money. What ever happened to customer satisfaction? I mean come on this is a water system that is hooked up inside your home and who knows what the people have to drink when the system is not maintained? If I ever find a class action lawsuit against them I will surely be on that list!!!

As for the person that thinks he or she is slick by putting "the truth is that" Come on be realistic It is not all about making your payments on time! It is about respecting your customers and trying to get any payment you can! Quote this! "some payment is better than no payment!"

Think about it and take a long hard look at what is happening with the mortgage lending in our entire country! If you send payments back full payments or not, and harass your customers they stop paying all together and then you have to pay legal fees and pay for garnishes and for leins.then who really wins in the end when everybody goes through bankruptcy? NOBODY! Cuz there is no cash flow happening. AGAIN! "SOME PAYMENT IS BETTER THAN NO PAYMENT AT ALL!" Or your company just like the banks will be closing and have to claim bankruptcy too! Then again it probably would not be so bad if you had to suffer through all of this just like all of the people who had to take the time to post something here!!!

• Ta
      Dec 04, 2010

The lady that sold me this stupid thing not only changed jobs but tried to sell me life insurance. TO make things worse!! When it was time to service it she decided I had to pay for it when IN WRITING she said no charge for the 1st year.Called the finance company because they should know that the saleperson screwed us over & now the owner was not returning calls. Top it off I paid religiously for the 1st year without havng to this would take the finance charges...wrong instead of owing $1500 (approx) it went up to over $3500+.
    so for 1 year i'm having major issues...so finally i got a hold of someone after reporting this to BBB...they did nothing...anyways apparently they all went out of business so some other guy that sells the same product had to come out. Had to pay them & he showed me how wrong it was installed...5 years later still freakn payn. but don't let me be 1day late because they call 3 times a day at my home, job & cell. Even my referrances got a call. Ok I'm Mexican full blood born...but these stupid women they have calling have NO respect or customer service. everyone at that finance company is terrible. DO NOT RECOMMEND TO NO ONE. I DID & NO I'M SO EMBARRESSED TO SHOW MY FACE. Stupid gifts I got from them...are just as bad

Dec 07, 2010

I too feel like I have been ripped off. I have had my system for about 3yrs. The 1st yr not missing a payment. Going into to 2nd yr I was laid off . I talked to someone and we made payment arrangements and when my unemployment payments stop I was unable to cont. making payments at the rate I was paying. Then I was told because I had missed a payment that I had to get my plan refinanced. I am now into the 3rd yr and my acct. does not seems like I have paid anything on it I now believe that I may never finish paying this system off. I am ashamed to tell anyone about what I though was going to be good for me and my children is going to cost me an arm and leg. If there is someone that can help us start a class action law settlement PLEASE HELP US!

So Disappointed
    New Orleans

• Aq
      Dec 27, 2010

Aqua Finance has got to be the most unscrupulous company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. About 4 years ago, on this unfortunate Saturday, a sales person from Rainsoft, the water softener system company came to our door and pressured my husband and I until we succumbed to buying a system from him. Even though I was skeptical and did not want to say yes to the system, but with intense pressure from this sales person (Ken at the Kennesaw, GA Rainsoft office) and my husband, I finally gave in. I wish I had researched this company before giving in. We were told we would only pay $90 per month for 5 years and the debt to Aqua Finance will be paid in full and we would only have paid $698 more than the sale price of the system, which did not seem too bad at the time. Nowhere in the course of his pressuring us did he tell us that this would be the worst revolving credit of our lives or that it was even a revolving credit agreement.

After about 11 months or so of making religious payments on the account, I realized that the bill was not going down the way it should. I decided to finally look at the bills that I was receiving and found out that only $12 was going towards the principal, the rest was categorized as finance charges. I got cold all over and called Aqua Finance to find out what was going on and they went over my contract with me and surprisingly on the contract was a little clause at the bottom - in very tiny print (about 3 pt font size) - saying that this was a form of revolving credit. I got really angry with the accounts specialist I was talking with saying things like this was not explained to us when we purchased the system because at this rate, it would take 12 to 15 years to pay off the $4, 560 and at the end of 15 years, we would have paid over $17, 000 for the same system. I even told him that with regular credit cards which also operate on a revolving basis, there's no way they would charge $75 finance charge for a $4, 500 credit limit, which I knew because I have a credit card with $5, 000 credit limit on it and I in no way pay $75 finance charge on it, and he told me that the interest rate was 29.9%, which only enraged me further because at the time that I purchase the system I had very good credit and I don't know why they would have charged me that rate to loan money from them.

Anyway, about a year ago, I received a notice from their attorney saying that I am being sued, I went ahead and presented my answer to their complaint to the court and didn't hear anything from either the court or their attorney, only to receive a final judgment order from same court last week giving Aqua Finance the right to garnish 25% of my wages to the tune of $6, 000. I have called some attorneys on my own so see what recourse might be available to me, but they all gave me the same bad news, I can't do anything about it, once the final judgment has been entered against me by default, especially in the state of GA.

I agree with everyone on this forum that Aqua finance is a jerk and is filled with a bunch of blood suckers that will lie to you and bully you till you can't stand it any more. I wish I had some money so that I can just pay them off. I don't know how they are getting away with these types of scams, you will think that will all these complaints the government would have stepped in or that the court would not be so quick in giving them default judgments. Well I guess if you can make it legal, then its not a scam but I know that their comeuppance is coming and the owners of Aqua Finance and Rainsoft will surely get what they deserve for ruining so many people's lives.

WORD TO THE WISE: The internet is there to protect the consumer and I think that Google is the best invention ever. Please RESEARCH any company or anybody you are thinking of doing business with or buying anything from. BUYERS BEWARE OF AQUA FINANCE and RAINSOFT!!!

Jan 14, 2011

I completely agree with all of the complaints of the customers. I am researching aquafiance and their website, it says that they are a very good company. But everyone has a bad side and this company is not the exception. Although my big advise is to read anything before you sign no matter how much pressure some seller is putting on you.
    I was offered a filter from a salesman from Aquakleen and all I said was no until I read everything thoroughly. He didn't want to leave any document for me to read and study over before I committed to anything which made me think things twice. I understand that sellers have hard jobs but it's not right to lie to people. Dealers have the most fault in all of this.
    No one has a certain future and you never know when you'll find yourself without a job or sick and having to pay medical bills. If you're smart try and calculate yourself how much amount is being financed with the APR you're being charged. And try to get magnifying glass for that small print on contracts.
    Either way don't trust anyone coming to your door promising something that isn't true. It's also cheaper to buy gallon water or jugs of purified water than these so called filters. Besides paying financing, you have to pay service charges and buy parts for broken systems. And that goes for any air conditioner, pool or vacuum hey might finance because I researched that they finance that too.

Jan 29, 2011

Everyone is right! Dont buy from them they are blood suckers and will rip you off so quick you wont even know what hit you! We paid ours in full, and it did end up being much more than we were told it would be. Also we had to have ours serviced and it too costed an arm and a leg, and was supposed to be free. They gave a all the soap and detergents that are supposed to last years, or whatever and be helpful to the water system, and they all suck! The only soap of the thousands of dollars worth they gave us that is worth anything is the hand soap and wouldnt you know we only get one container of that and about 5 of the others. So not only did they pretty much steal over $3, 000 from us for nothing, we are also stuck with like 2 dozen containers full of crap soaps. We have had the system for over 5 years now and had nothing but trouble from it, I wish we had just bought a regular filter and been done with it. I dont even think there is a difference anyway, except a big eye sore in the back yard! Dont buy from them! You could dig a well for the price they charge!

• Je
      Mar 09, 2011

I had to file chapter 7 bankruptcy after being in two accidents in 2010.One of which I almost lost my leg, in addition to being out of work for 10 week's, not missing a payment untill I tried a debt reduction firm. Also a ripoff. Dealing with wife who has been a cancer patient since 2001 and now M. S. The bankruptcey was discharged Feb. 3rd 2011. I tried to refinance me home only to be turned down because AQUA FINANCE had filed a UCC Lein on my home. The water softner was supposed to be a health benefit not a financial grave. What kind of humanatarians run Aqua Finance. I hope some one with a little compassion from the comany reads this. Jeffrey Roberts Saint Petersburg Flordia

• Su
      Apr 08, 2011

Aqua Finance uses illegal practices and should not be used by anyone! I purchased a soft water system for my home in 2008 and they use Aqua Finance as their lender. In 2009 I was laid off from my job. I was able to keep up on my bills until Feb/March of 2010 when I fell behind with Aqua. I was 30 days late once then it went to 60 days late in March. Near the end of March I caught up on my payments as well as the late fees. April of 2010 I sold another house I owned and was able to pay off Aqua in full. By paying off my loan sooner than agreed I PAID BETTER THAN AGREED! Aqua got all of their money years before it was owed. Well, at some point, I don't know when, they placed a lien on my home. This is totally illegal since my agreement with them was an UNSECURED loan. The only way they are legally entitled to place a lien on my home is if they have a judgement against me. I found out about the lien when I was in the process of refinancing my home. I called Aqua and they are clueless about how to remove the lien. They told me to call back today. I can tell you if they don't remove the lien TODAY I will follow up with a lawsuit and they will owe me for missing out on a home refinance offer that will expire on April 18th.

• Su
      Apr 08, 2011

Follow up to my post 25 minutes ago: I called Aqua this morning to explain that they illegally placed a lien on my home. I pointed out that my contract is secured by "...the household goods purchased ("Collateral")..." and the Revolving Credit Agreement was not secured by my home. Therefore the lien they placed is illegal. Dawn, at Aqua, insisted that they do that all the time so it IS legal. (I wasn't sure that's how the law works. If you break laws on a regular basis they're null and void?) Our discussion got heated but remained civil. Dawn told me the release was being processed and would take a couple of days to get through the court system. I pointed out that my loan was paid off over a year ago BETTER THAN AGREED! I explained the urgency in getting the lien removed so my refi could be processed. Dawn couldn't care less. I told her I would call her back daily to check on the status of the release. Well, within 10 minutes she called back to say she rushed my request through and she would e-mail the release to me right away. I told her she called just in time because she had made me so mad I was contacting an attorney just then to file a class action lawsuit. I'm satisfied now and will not continue with a lawsuit. However, I urge anyone else who has been financially affected by a wrongful lien filing to press on with legal actions. I will be there to support you.

• Te
      Jul 01, 2011

I really hate Aqua Finance.. The dumb ### that on Aqua Finance "team" you are obviously stupid or an ### kisser! Aqua Finance cant even pay their bills that's why they harass customers for $2.00.! I am really trying my hardest to get Aqua Finance and its other associates on the black list.. so no one can buy from them. Customer service... there is none. The same associates calling me need to pay me the money I am owed! Get a life Aqua Finance.. Soon some other customer service will be calling you for payment!...

Sincerly,
    The worst consumer of them all...

• Ri
      Jan 12, 2012

Im pretty much in the same boat got water softner for 2 hmes first my loses her job then my son that 1 of the softners was in lost his andd bth were out of work for 10 months then my job im a mechanic and payed by commission dropped by over 50% so Im behind they are relentless on the calls day and night even after explaining im behind on the morgage and lost 1 of the houses already they dont care pay me or we will sue. Life lesson dont bye anything unless you can pay for it without financing or live by the devil you borrowed from I will never do it again!!!1

• Za
      Apr 17, 2012

I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. I have had the same experiences.

May 05, 2012

I have had my system leak water into my house...I am Trying to be patient by calling the Customer Service in which i have not got through or seen a call back!... In turn they want there payment!

Jun 19, 2012

This company is a total scam! My parents bought a water system from them, and religiously made their payments until my stepdad got sick and they fell behind. Well, they got a 4 month extension. And they paid off the loan. BUT...now they've been harassing us by phone at least three times a day insisting they still owe them money. Worse yet, the customer service reps are extremely rude and won't even tell them what the interest rate is. Is this legal? I thought companies were required by law to tell customers what interest rate they charge? Avoid this so-called company like the black plague!

• Co
      Sep 24, 2012

I have been dealing with Aqua Finance for 2 days straight trying to get my bill resolved. They have the worst customer service ever. I paid my bill in full the whole thing off and they still charged me finance charges after my balance was 0.00 dollars. I asked them to close my account and they would not. They still want to charge me finance charges every month. I paid the extra money for the finance charges and emailed them to close my account. I had to call Rain Soft and let them know how awful my experience was. They said they stopped using Aqua finance a while ago because they have had so many complaints. They are going to call them and let them know they are also fed up with how they are treating their customers. If you use Aqua finance beware they are the worst company to deal with in America!!! I would not suggest using them Rain Soft has been a great company to work with however let's just hope they have enough sense to never use Aqua finance again. Worst Finance company ever!! they don't know a thing about customer service!!! horrible. I hope they go out of business...I'm sure their employees will have a hard time finding another job as they should they know nothing about good customer service. Worthless company.

Nov 26, 2013

We purchased our water softener from Carmel Financial. 2 years later our loan was sold to Aqua Finance. We didn't even know that our payment had been sold. We made our usual payment to Carmel Financial. About 2 weeks later we get a call from AF stating that we are LATE and need to make a payment now. We were confused since we had just made a payment 2 weeks ago, so our payment wasn't even due. Turns out, they hadn't updated their account or something as the payment to Carmel Financial was our last and that our 1st payment to AF would be due in a couple of weeks. The manager of the call center was extremely rude to my husband INSISTING we make a payment NOW. My husband told her we would make a payment upon receiving our 1st statement from AF. The woman then said "What doesn't your wife have a job? Can't you make a payment with HER check? You need to pay us NOW!" And so on. That is HARASSMENT, she has no right to ask those types of questions .They are a HORRIBLE company. Money has been tight for my family the last year our so and we are late on our payment every now and then (not months late or anything crazy). We get called the DAY after payment is due MULTIPLE times a day. Every person who calls is extremely rude. The next call we get that is harassing in nature, will be reported. Harassment is ILLEGAL. RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY if you have the choice. Unfortunately for us, they were the buyers of our loan. I pray to God they sell our loan to another company!

• Bo
      Nov 30, 2014
    Aqua Finance - APR
    Aqua Finance

Be very watchful of the APR. The dealers are able to lower the APR to 13.99% (from the standard 17.99%) at no cost to them if a customer has a credit score of 675+ But it's up to the dealer to request the reduction.

• De
      May 22, 2015

1 ago my husband was contacted by aqua finance about this scam. My husband is disabled, and I only work a few he's a week he wanted the system because of the bs that the person who came out had sold him. Because both of our names are on the mortgage, we both had to sign the contract. Low and behold, because my credit was better they made my income more so that they could sell the system. My gut told me that something wasn't right from the beginning but I didn't listen... So please, please do not get suckered into the bs that this company is offering!!! IT IS A SCAM!!!

• De
      May 22, 2015

OMG yes Aqua Finance is horrible filthy people, . Who ever owns this company should be in prison. I got wrapped up in the Solar craze thinking my power bill be zero and this solar stuff pays for itself, , What the sales rep said and who was also the best con artist in the world, , Now I am 10k in debt. But, what gets me they say in those contracts I signed they got a lien on my home. I blame myself so much and should of know better, , If something sounds too good to be true, it is just that. I still got a 300 electric bill and suppose to give them 250 a month too.. I am trying to consolidate my loans, but Aqua Finance says they don't go for settlement offers, Pay in full or else, .,

May 30, 2015

Im with you guys aswell, . the salesperson told me that i would be getting product for 5 years well guess what nothing after i used the points that they gave me to use. 2 the sales person told me that i would be reinbursed for the first 6 months if i picked the contract that gave me interest over the one with a 1 year no interest i said ok sounds fine. never recieved a check i even called his boss and he even told me that he was saying a lie just to sell me the product. i called back and talk to the lady in the front and i told her what the salesman said she said o yea i see it on your file i will send you the check. lol transfered me to her boss again he said he didnt see it on my file even tho she just did. i wish i wouldnt have taken this system. i dont even see a difference.

• Gm
      May 11, 2016

BEWARE OF AQUA FINANCE!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!

Aqua Finance has got to be the most unscrupulous company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with... I opened an account in 2013, was billed the first year on a monthly basis... the second year they became sloppy in there billing practices: sometimes you got a monthly statement then they could not find an account in my name, social security number or the account number they provided to me... They recently told me that I should have continued to pay them monthly reqardless. That they were not obligated to send me a monthly statement period! So the bottom line is they have increased my balance This company has no scruples, they are just out to steal your money! and keep adding to your bottom line anyway or anyhow they can...Connexus Credit Union was also involved in this mess!

BEWARE OF AQUA FINANCE!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!!

• Ke
      Feb 09, 2017

This company needs to be sued for over charging for a machine that only cost about 700 dollars and they charging almost 5, 000 dollars for it just sad I am having the same issue a rip offer and a scam company

Jul 09, 2017

@Kenisha Daniel agreed and they are going after young homeowners who they also have 17.99 interest and revolving credit line. Who lets companies get away with this ???

• Ta
      Mar 14, 2017

Here is my experience with them.
    I got a Rainsoft system from Home Depot. It will probably be the last thing I ever get from their services after finding this out. They came in did everything. The contractors that did the service here in Jacksonville was call A&B marketing, these people in my eyes try to nickle and dime you for service that is not even needed. That is not the worse part, they used Aqua Finance to do the financing of the system, told me the whole sales pitch, and ect. I signed and although it is partial my own ignorance in the laws and understanding credit at that time, it is still an evil company for what they do.
    Here in the state of Florida we limit the APR on a loan 500, 000 or less to 18%. How can a person with outstanding credit scores be assigned a number of 16% APR. Almost half of your payments go to the finance charge for this company. I would advise not dealing with rainsoft, A&B marketing, and especially with Aqua Financing, and just getting a contractor of your choice to install one into your home then going or coming close to dealing with this company, all they do is generally rip money away from the people who work hard for their money, and they use the absence of state laws and credit understanding to do this. If you deal with a lender and you have good credit, my advice is if it is in double digits start looking elsewhere.

• Ni
      Apr 17, 2017

Can't we file a class tion lawsuit? After same thing happened me with with two years paying on time and having 0 awareness they opened a line of credit and the balance being near the original amount called my bank and they investigated said the site did not look legit and i even told aqua they can come pick it up! I never would have agreed if I knew it was a lone of credit!

• Ni
      Apr 26, 2017

Me and another gentleman are working together to file a class action lawsuit against these companies!! Anyone interested please contact me with your experiences and let's go Erin Brockovich on them!!! [protected]@gmail.com

@NikkiY yes absolutely [protected]@yahoo.com

Jul 09, 2017

angry this had happened to my son which is a new home. He went to Home Depot and I guess he felt safe and had issues with auto pay and I got involved and it kept happening with auto pay so I looked into paper work and saw 17.99% interest rate revolving credit and I died. My husband owns irrigation company and his gut said same system $1000. So why is anyone not getting on Home Depot for the third party in transaction ?