Apx Alarm / Untrue Sales Promises
Beware of strong sales tactics. A salesman came to our door and badgered my wife. Although we had an existing alarm system, he said APX was better because of its wireless phone connection. He wanted her to try it for 3 days to see how she likes it. She told him she had to wait for me to get home to make a decision.
In the meantime, two installers came in and began work. They removed the old system and installed their own. They promised to put the old system back if we didn't like theirs.
When I got home I got to the facts. If we signed a 42 month contract for monitoring, the equipment was free. In Missouri, you have three days to void the contract if you have buyer's remorse or change your mind.
If you have an existing alarm system, you probably have an existing contract. They automatically renew unless you cancel them before the end of the current term. Being in the business, the APX salesman should have known we would have penalties if we switched services in the middle of the term. When we found out, we cancelled the APX contract in the first three days.
APX came and took their equipment but said it was against policy to hook our old system back up. Despite calls to their home office, we got no relief. We are now going to have to pay a $150 service charge to get our old system hooked up.
If you have an existing system don't make the same mistake my wife made.
Although the product is a good one, the fact the company wouldn't do the right thing when their salesman lied to us is all you need to know. Do business with someone else.
Regardless of which company you use, be aware that your contract automatically renews. After your initial term expires, your equipment is paid for. Cancel your contract in advance of its expiration and find a lower cost monitoring service.
More Apx Alarm Complaints & Reviews
- Apx Alarm - Misleading to get you stuck in 5 year contract 
- Apx Alarm - They are scammers 
- Apx Alarm - Refusal to Acknowledge Legal Cancellation; Using oral statement over the telephone to effectively create an unbreakable five year contract 
- Apx Alarm - Service is a joke 
- Apx Alarm - help! 
- Apx Alarm - Dishonest Sales Pitch 
- Apx Alarm - Misrepresentation and Poor Monitoring Serviceq 
- Apx Alarm - Misrepresentation when I signed the agreement. Now my daughter's credit is being dinged
- Apx Alarm - Complaint posted 09/28/2009 resolved 
- Apx Alarm - Scaming