Apx Alarm / Scaming

1 South Bend, IN, United States Review updated:

On JUky 18, 2009 a apx sales rep came to our neighborhood stating that our current alarm system ( Monitronics) would be out of business as of 7-31-09 and he was here to change out our key pads as it would not work after 7-31-09. Everything was free and he would take care of notifing Monitronics. I asked why weren't we notiied Johathan ( sales rep) said that's what fly by night companies do. Several of us in the block had this switched over - about 2 or 3 weeks later, I receive 2 billings 1 from Monitronics the other from Apx . I called Momitronics they did not go out of bisiness in fact they are going into there 15th year. I explained what happened and they also are investigating. I call to cancel APX I was told it would cost well over, 1, 800.00 to do so. I just want Monutronics back free and clear I never had a problem the 5 years I was with them . Sales rep refuses to call any of back. It's a shame you have to get business on a lie/ scam. I hate to see how many other people he scamed on the way.

Km

Comments

• Ik
      31st of Dec, 2009

Stuart Dean Alex Dunn
    APX alarm APX Alarm
    Director Of Media Relations or COO, Corporate Operations Officer
    801-380-6113 801-705-8005
    sdean@apxalarm.com adunn@apxalarm.com

Maybe these guys can help. Or at the very least you can call them as you run into brick walls with APX. Interesting story considering that APX uses Monitronics to monitor quite a few alarm systems for them. When you call Monitronics ask for Clem Burkett in the fraud dept. Tell him your story. Companies like Monitronics have been going after the individual sales reps slamming accounts. That is what they call it, slamming. Would you mind posing your sales reps number here?

• Tu
      19th of Jan, 2010

Monitronics is one of the very TOP security systems globally... they are used at the white house ... ( not that says much..lol)... however... they also have the best system out there for the home and small business owner...they told me the same thing.. and they have reps out there too going door to door... however the difference is their reps WILL COME BACK TO YOUR HOUSE if you request it... they have a buyers right to cancel.. and they seem to work with companies who want to build customer relations. DO YOUR RESEARCH... and make sure you see a monitronics sign... every sales rep must have one to represent them...I canceled my APX account and was leary of monitroncis... but the rep came back and let me think about it. they have a by far better system...with NO HOLES in the walls... and dogs can run around in the house WITH THE ALARM ON... good luck to everyone...