Apx Alarm / help!

Provo, UT, United States Review updated:
4.4
Phone: 1-800-216-5232
False alarms, police arriving, me being charged for it! I do not know if the alarm is for real or if it's "messing up", again. I am more afraid now than I was without it.
Mi

Comments

Sp
  20th of Apr, 2009
My problem with APX is that after I signed my contract, I found out their license to sell or install alarm systems was not valid in my state-it had expired. The license expired April 30, 2008 and they did not submit a request for a license renewal until that April 30, 2008 either. According to our state alarm company licensing board, the license was not renewed by the board until May 30, 2008. I signed my contract on May 21, 2008.
According to the state alarm company licensing board, there were several issues with their license request, including listing employees who had been previously terminated in the past.
APX Alarm has told me that I have no complaint and that even though their license was not renewed until May 30, 3008 it was retroactive for the whole month of May. My state alarm company licensing office states that is news to them regarding the retroactive statement but will review it with their legal department once APX responds to my complaint which I had filed with the licensing board..
I also didn’t care that the sales rep who “sold” me the security system grabbed my wrist after his sales pitch when I told him I wasn’t interested in their product. Why I didn’t call the police on him I don’t know. I don’t think he meant any harm by grabbing my wrist and being a man, I didn’t feel threatened by him. I felt sorry for him so I agreed to the contract.
Km
  14th of Sep, 2009
On July 18, 2009 a sales rep from Apx came to out neighborhood telling us that our current alarm company Monitronics would be out of business as of 7-31-09 and that our current key ads would no longer be valid. I was with Monitronics customers for years along with many of y neighbors. Apx is 10.00 higher per month and the sales rep Jonathan anderson is nothing but a scam artist. HE does not return any calls - when we tried to cancel we were told it would cost us well over 1, 800.00 . after finding out that Monitronics has been in business for 15 years I was very upset that I let someone scam me. We all just want a clean break and call it even.It's a shame you have to scam to get business
Bi
  9th of Jun, 2010
I was hit with a scam to. The sales rep said there was no certain time we had to keep the alarm system as they wanted to get a couple of people on each street for advertising purposes. I again asked if there was a contract limit and he said no just let me put this sign in your yard.
he done my neighbor the same way. I also have some neighbors that said the same thing but did not go with APX.
I sent my system back and paid an extra month. Now they are trying to threaten me in the amount of $1700.00. What kind of outfit is this anyway. I will go to court!