Apx Alarm / Misrepresentation and Poor Monitoring Serviceq

1 Eagan, MN, United States Review updated:

At the time that we signed an agreement with APX for alarm monitoring service the agent for APX was asked about a specific point on the contract regarding the term of the agreement. He was asked if this was really a 60 month contract and he replied "no, that means that we cannot increase your rates before 60 months, you can cancel any time if you give notice." We placed a call to cancel the service due to the fact that on one occassion that our alarm was activated, it took APX 6 hours to notify us of any alarm. I viewed this as a serious failure to perform pursuant the terms of our agreement so we attempted to cancel. They have since sent our account to collections and we are now being harassed as many as 15 times per day via telephone by a collection agency attempting to collect on the remainder of the contract. We have filed a complaint with the BBB and they still refuse to remove the charges, pick up the equipment and terminate our agreement. APX has serious problems with how they communicate the agreement with their customers and they have extremely poor monitoring service. I refuse to pay for substandard alarm monitoring service and I fully intend to see this through.

Comments

• Ik
      31st of Dec, 2009

Stuart Dean Alex Dunn
    APX alarm APX Alarm
    Director Of Media Relations or COO, Corporate Operations Officer
    801-380-6113 801-705-8005

Try contacting these guys 15 times a day.

• Yu
      5th of Mar, 2011

I'm very dissappointed with this service I recently had a false alarm activated and apx alarm gave the police officers the wrong address to my home. I been wanting to cancel but they say that I have a 36 month contract, that I was never told in the beginning by the sales person. I hate this service and want to cancel it.