Apx Alarm / They are scammers

1 Colorado Springs, CO, United States Review updated:

We got stuck in this scam, we had just moved to Colorado and were unpacking late one night and some guy in a white shirt came up to the door and talked us into getting an alarm. We were tired and it had been a long day I wish we would have thought about it more. We got stuck in a 3 year contract that thank god is up at the end of June 2009. The thing is though that I called the company to make sure that they shut the alarm off on the day our contract ends. They told me that I couldn't do that because the contract is in my husbands name, well I know for a fact that my husband had put my name on the contract and he had them put my phone number as the main number to call because he is in the military and deploys often. I called the company and told them about our situation and that I have a power of attorney and my husbands orders and they said all I had to do was mail that and a letter to them and they would turn off the alarm.My husband had to call from the place he is deployed to and tell them to cut off our services at the end of the month and guess what, they acted like I had never called them or sent them a letter. They said we had to give a 30 day notice and now we have to pay for an extra 17 days because the company won't turn off the alarm. The lady he talked to was very pushy and tried talking him in to keeping the alarm, he had to tell her several times we were not interested. I just want to know why they want us to pay an extra 17 days past our contract because they refuse to turn the alarm off. DO NOT GET AN ALARM FROM APX. They are expensive and not worth it at all. I will be glad when we can finally get rid of this stupid alarm.

Comments

• Ba
      21st of Aug, 2009

I was put into a 5 yr dilemma, and I can't get out myself. Did you talk to anyone that actually helped?

• Wa
      5th of Sep, 2010

APX Is my security provider, and I am a 100% satisfied with their service.
    I do not believe for one moment that half of the negative reviews on here are from real customers os apx, because I would like to believe that if these people have the clear ability to write, they would have enough brain power to read a ONE PAGE contract and decide for themselves if they want the PAID CONTRACTED SERVICE, they have been offered, key word OFFERED.
    I have 7 properties, 4 residential and 3 comercial. ALL have APX alarm systems. I was approached by one of their young men, last year and went through the same thing you all, so bitterly complain about, let me delineate:
    - The salesmen are just that, salesmen, they WILL want you to make a decision on the spot (THEY DO NOT WORK FOR FREE, as I am sure none of you bitter people do). So make up your mind.
    - They are ALWAYS, knowledgeable about the product, and they explain everything included, and I even talked to the company on the phone before they left my house.
    -I find it hard to believe ANYONE CAN BE FORCED to acquire something like that, unless they tie you down and point a gun at you (in which case you should call the police).
    -As it was with me, you all have SEVERAL chances to say no, several, if you get the product is because you want it.
    - The proposal is actually very simple, even kids should understand: They have a service, it costs this much, there's a promotion today, it'll cost this much, for this long a contract. DO YOU WANT IT?
    -They are not a charity, you greedy people, they have top of the line service and gear. PAY FOR IT. OR SAY NO.
    -They don't target seniors, they target anyone that owns a home. (If your senior can't make decisions by themselves, shouldn't be living by themselves, be responsible).
    SUMMARY: I recommend APX, it costs more, yes, it does more, and it's more reliable I give it 4.5/5 stars.
    I worked with sales when I was younger, So I know most these negative reviews are from bitter people who sit in their homes all day waiting for a chance to be mean to someone at the door. Most these young men are honest trying to make money for college, to break the cycle of ignorance so many of us are a part of. Don't ruin their job, BE INFORMED.