Apx Alarm / Dishonest Sales Pitch

The young guy who convinced me to switch from ADT to APX 3 years ago told me I would need to sign a 3-yr contract. This kid was really slick. He knew how to con someone into signing-on by explaining all of the supposed special discounts and extras I would get for switching so APX could put their sign in my yard. I thought, when he was leaving, that maybe I shouldn't have trusted him. Now, after I waited 3 yrs to switch back to ADT, APX is telling me that the contract I signed is for 5 yrs--not 3 yrs.

I had decent service from APX during those 3 yrs, but, based on their allowing contractors to deceive the public into signing-on with them, I would recommend APX to absolutely no one!

Comments

• Dr
      14th of Jan, 2010

I am sorry for your interaction with that dishonest salesman. I myself work for APX Alarm, as a salesman. APX Alarm is one of the highest integrity companies I've ever seen or worked for. Had the complaint got back to APX corporate sooner, the dishonest salesman may have been strictly warned, or possibly terminated. To make sure that APX is completely upfront with terms and agreements with customers, it is clearly printed on the front page of the contract, as well confirmed that the customer is aware in a welcome call done at the time the contract is signed. Typically the customer is informed several times how long the contract period is prior to it being in effect. A few years ago APX moved from 5 year contracts to 39 month (3 years and 3 months) contracts. It should be mentioned that APX has now received the JD Power award for the second year in a row. I do not know of any other security company including ADT or Brinks that has had such a remarkable accomplishment.

• Ap
      8th of Aug, 2010

I recently got suckered into signing on for a 3 year APX contract as well, all because of the pushy salesguy who was so good that even though it never occurred to me that I should have an alarm, I found myself signing on within 30 minutes. Crazy!

• Ap
      8th of Aug, 2010

Please read about my APX scam story here http://hubpages.com/hub/The-APX-Alarm-Scam-How-a-pushy-salesman-got-me-to-sign-a-3-year-contract-for-an-alarm-I-didnt-want