Apx Alarm / Service is a joke

So I was pushed into the same 5 year contract scam too! We were pre-selected as one of the model homes in our neighborhood and our neighbor got one too! RIGHT! I don't know how desperate these door-to-door kids are, but that PUSH is Terrible! I can honestly say we were pushed into something I did not want. I was told that my alarm would be already registered with our PD, and "not to worry about it." A fine of $160.00 later from PD, I had to register this myself, and still havent been refunded. Complaining to Customer Service is a joke! Its al a BIG lie! Nothing ever gets accomplished with them. The equipment is still in my house, untouched! I am still in the dilemma and want to get OUT!HAHA and the biggest joke is that the contract is under my daughters name, who by the way doesn't own my house! To all who are "considering, " don't do it! I am sure there are better companies than this one out there, its easy to push you in BUT its hella hard to get yourself out believe me!

Comments

• Dr
      5th of Mar, 2010

Well im not sure what PD is or why you were fined 160 but all i know is there have been a LOT of new updates with in the company. For example the customer service has been rated #1 by JD Powers 2 years in a row now and i have never had a problem with them. Its right around $2000 worth of equipment and professional install FREE the day that "desperate" young man knocked on my door and a monthly payment that is lower than other companies on a FIXED RATE! I see all these complaints about the "contract" but all it is is a promise that my rate wont change to keep my family and home protected. Seemed like a steal at the time and still feel the same.

• Mi
      5th of May, 2010

Gee, d-rob is from Provo, Utah. I'm guessing employee of APX.

• De
      29th of Jun, 2010

I also have purchased an alarm system from APX, I was told my cat would not set it off, they told me it was safe as long as the animal weighed 40 lbs. or under. WELL, this is not the case, I have a cat that weighs 12 lbs. this alarm goes off within 10 minutes of me leaving my home, my neighbor has to disarm it for me on a daily basis. I have called the company and they did come out twice to try to resolve it with no luck. I told them if it happened again I wanted it out!!! Ten minutes after the technician left I went out and bingo, it went off again. Now I want it out. It is too much trouble, I don't know if my house is getting robbed or not at this point. Now they are telling me a spider will set it off, come on now, be realistic, a spider, who does'nt have spiders in their basement. I wanted them to change the motion detectors to 80 pounds and they refused, they wanted to give me glass protection only, that is not what I signed up for. So, as it stands, my lawyer is taking over for me now. They also said in my contract I have no motion detectors, my copy says there is two. The company is a disaster. Bad customer service. I did get a letter from my local police department and they wanted me to pay a fine of $100 for not registering my system, told them it never worked so I did not feel it was worth it. The police department then heard my story and sent APX the bill for $100 I was happy about that. Have not heard a good report about this company yet!!!
    Carol----Waterbury, CT