APR Registrar / Scams through the mail.

I just received a letter in the mail stating that I've won $1, 400, 000 but I have to send a fee of $19.99. I got another one almost just like it a couple days ago from International Award Advisors, and it was the same thing, but they were saying that I would receive almost 4 million dollars. I didn't think that you should have to pay money if you had won money, so I looked it up online, and it turns out that they are both scams. Don't fall for it, I'm glad I didn't!

Ta

Comments

16th of Mar, 2009

Will defiitely send this fake check to to the Postmaster General for fraud investigation. If it were legit, it wouldn't be mailed bulk, but registered or by courier. Also, it is ILLEGAL to solicit money to receive sweepstakes payments.

16th of Mar, 2009

Due to the technological advances of our time, individuals have a means of which to exploit other individuals. There is a list of offences committed by this means. You have mail fraud and identity theft for the sole purpose of extracting funds from unsuspecting people. What is criminal is that we, if compliant with terms, afford these unsavory individuals the means of which to accomplish there objective. An analogy, "You give a person the keys to your car willingly, and then that person sells it, and then you claim that he stole it."

• Pa
      17th of Mar, 2009

I got the same letter as you. Its so good to check it online, otherwise I will pay for $19.99. nightmare!!