Apply2Save.comHome Modification Loan

1 Review updated:

Yes< I too was a sucker to fall for this company too, I paid them up front $500.00 to start a loan modification on my fist mortgage and second mortgage. This was in Oct. 2017 and they requested I fill out paperwork do a hardship letter ect. they never return your calls or emails. I got a modification onlyto be fooled, my first mortgage just put my late payments to the back of my loan and charged me a fee to do this and for my second mortgage they did nothing, I am know 90 days past due and they want my money or they will foreclose, know apply 2 save wants me to pay another 500.00 and they are willing to knock off 150.00 for not being able to help me w/ my second mortgage. they are a rip off I do not recomend them to anyone.

Washington State

Comments

Dec 05, 2008

I think this is a good resource for people to go to.

• Sm
      Dec 16, 2008

I feel we were scammed too! My husband called Apply2save.com explaining our situation, and to see what our options were. He explained to them our money situation(we were very close to being more than 30 days late on mortage) but he told them he did not want to do anything if he came up with the money to pay the mortage. They told him he would get charged $ 700.00 if they helped to get some payments put on the back of the loan. They said they needed to send a package out for hIm to fill out for our information and they needed his credit card #. We never received that package . My husband came up with the money so he told them he did not want to do anything and they charged us $700.00 .We called them and then the story was you pay $700.00 up front and 700.00 when and if they help you in anyway.This was not explained in the first phone call.After attempting to contact them with a written letter and a couple of phone calls, which they never responded, Thank God, my credit card company was able to win back the charge.I would have been more than happy to pay for the phone time, but 700.00 for nothing .And, there are non profit companys that do the same thing for FREE. I think Green Path is one of them.I read other comments on Apply2save on how they helped people, if that is true, Iam glad you weren't scammed.

• Su
      Jan 12, 2009

I agree with those who have been scammed by Apply2Save. Last month, I applied to an online offer to "refinance". Several lenders called me; however, the smooth talking rep from Apply2Save convinced me that she was able to help me with a "loan modification". She pressured me into giving my debit/credit card number and their fee was $995. The next day, I called this person serveral times, leaving a voice message, sent emails to 'cancel' the contract (I did not sign anything) and to this day, nobody has returned my calls or emails. They just took my money and RAN. My bank filed a 'dispute' with Apply2Save, and now awaiting their reply.

I have also send an email to the NC Dept of Justice, Attorney General Roy Cooper with my complaint, and have not heard from them either.

Consumers, please research every lender, business, or person before you agree to terms, fees, or sign a contract. DON'T let people scam you like we've been scammed.

• Mr
      Jan 16, 2009

APPLY2SAVE IS A SCAM. I signed on with Tonya Mahoney that promised a principal reduction and a 3% interest rate. She also said that it would all be done in 2 weeks and that it would cost 300.00. She said all of the right things and said I needed to pay over the phone with my credit card. I was deperate, I was 3 months behind on my mortgage and she said that I was protected by foreclosure law and that I wouldn't lose my home. That was 45 days ago and I've never heard back from her and she took 995.00 off of my credit card...not 300. I also received a leeter from my bank that I have a sherrif sale of my home in 3 weeks! WHAT A LIAR. I contacted an attorney and have borrowed money to sue them for everything they've got. DO NOT USE [protected]@SAVE.com. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY.

• Da
      Jan 21, 2009

My husband called these people thinking that they would help us also, well we had to send 500.00, and they were saying they would help us, well they never called or even sent emails letting us know anything. Everytime we needed to know something we had to call them, and on top of that we were always dealing with another person they would keep saying the same thing, like we are working on it and we will need for you to fax more papers to us. Ok then by that time we were just saying to ourselves that we were scammed, so we called them and said we would like to cancel and please send our money back, well they canceled us alright but we have not seen a penny of the 500.00 as of yet, so if anyone has the address to these people please send it to me, im going to file a complaint with the BBB . My email is d anita lrunnels @hotmail.com

• Te
      Feb 03, 2009

They have the BBB logo at the bottom of their website, click on it. The BBB is located in Spokane, Wa. Make sure you file a complaint so this company gets put out of business. Also file a non-authorized charge claim with your financial institution for the 500. Also go to scam.com to post your experience.

• We
      Feb 04, 2009

Look at this.

/URL removed/

• Di
      Feb 16, 2009

Feb 16, 2009

Please, all of you who have been ripped off.. email to this fraud investigator who is putting together a class action lawsuit against Apply2save...
    [protected]@aol.com
    Apply2save is being investigated and we are getting closer to getting them shut down!

• Fe
      Feb 21, 2009

All of you people on this site whinning like a bunch of babies. Seriously do you have nothing else better to do than blame everyone else for your bad decision making? I suppose we all need someone to blame aside from the reflection you see in the mirror everyday. I do not believe anyone told you to blow all your excess money on your big toys and fasionable show? All you people who have the advantage of having the oppertunity to even own a home, should be thanking the god above you for allowing such self centered materalistic ###s to even have this type of life style. But once you hit hard times (because you couldn't budget to save your damn lives!)
    think that you will lay the blame on some poor sap that was just trying to help you. I am pretty sure these people probally never promised you anything but thier best effort. But all you can hear is your own unrealistic thoughts of how you believe the outcome should have been. Yeah I spoke with the folks there at apply2save too, and ya know what I think? you are all full of [censored]!!! boohoo ya'all want some cheese to go with your whine? grow the hell up and take responsibility for your own actions for once in your pathetic lives. I for one will be allowing my rep to help me, with my realalistic thoughts of what the outcome will most likely be. and instead of waiting till the last minute to do everything, I know if I really want to save my home I will act like it!! Go cry to mommy whiners!! I paid the fee and my rep has already gotten me my package and stays in constant touch with me. She even gave me her personal cell phone number. you all discuss me do the world a favor and stop breathing! Sincerely, Fed up with stupid people!

• Fe
      Feb 21, 2009

oh yeah one more thing i would like to add before i forget i ever took the time out of my day to read this pathetic nonsense. When there is an investigation of a company going on seriously how many of them are @hotmail, or yahoo, or AOL...or blah blah blah... usually a credited company will have there own domain name. DUH!!! BEST OF LUCK TO LOSERS!

Feb 22, 2009

BTW everyone, the"fed up with stupid people" guy that posted above me.. likes to read complaints about Apply2save in his spare time all over the internet and then post his abusive crap all over the place because he is SCARED. He is an employee of Apply2save and he thinks his bullying will intimidate people into being Quiet about his fraudulent operation. Why would anyone look on a complaints board about Apply2save unless they were a victim, or a person considering using the service themselves..or the perpetrator of the criminal scam. And why would someone be so angry about it if they were not some how involved?
    This post shows you the intelligence and the character of the people who work over there at Apply2save..a bunch of frigging ###s.

Feb 22, 2009

Oh yeah and if your looking for other brilliant things written by the brainaic who calls himself "fed up with stupid people" he goes by jba230 on www.scam.com, check it out I am sure you all will agree it's the same guy.

• Si
      Mar 01, 2009

I think that the BBB rating speaks for itself. Apply2save PAID to have the BBB acreditation and the BBB revoked it. Try to explain that "Fed up with stupid people." Us that got screwed by Apply2save are "Sick of liars."

• Ze
      Mar 24, 2009

apply2save are the biggest liars! they were supossed to to work on lowering my house payment and this is been going on for 4 months. I called my bank today and they said they are not in negotiation at all and apply2save would send me emails everyday telling me that they are working with the bank.It turns out that apply2save only called the bank to get a fax number and did not fax anything. apply2save would not give me any information about my own case. what freaks, I told them that my bank has no info from them and they tried to say that my bank is not telling the truth so I told them to give me the number they faxed my info to and they would not give me information. the guy that started on my case phillip graham.I HATE YOU SOOOO MUCH YOU WASTED MY TIME AND $995. wow I am such an idiot for believing these people but its not my fault that GMAC told me to go on their website. man im so mad!!! i hate my life.

• Ho
      Apr 07, 2009

Apply2save helps people everyday. I myself have helped to save many homes for people who have signed up at Apply2save. I feel excellent about what I do there. It 's amazing how many people I have helped and how happy they are after we finish the modifications for them.

Thanks

Apr 09, 2009

I have retained the services of Apply2Save. So far, things have gone very well. My rep, Gene Rogers, has been fantastic. He spent hours with me on the phone and via e-mail until my husband and I made a decision. He contacts me once a week and lets me know where we are in the process. I have no problem with Apply2 Save, I have weekly updates and someone to call/e-mail when I have questions. Gene has been very professional and I appreciate his assistance. Thanks, Gene.

• Ti
      May 18, 2009

My husband and I are also victims of this company. We were also taken for $995.00. We were also advised not to pay our mortgage payment and catch up on other bills. They said they would be able to save our home. We were also instructed not to talk to our mortgage lender, but to direct them to apply2save. I contacted them weekly via phone and e-mail. I got the same bull "we're working on it, just trust that we'll take care of it". We continued to wait until we got foreclore papers in the mail from our bank. We called our bank 4 months after hiring apply2save to find out that they had never done anything. We called and e-mailed apply2save to find out what was going on and never got anyone by phone and no one would e-mail back. Finally, after 6 months we were told that the guy that entered us into the contract that said he was handling our claim (Greg Davis) was not even a modification negotiator, he was just a sales rep. Then we were told that they apologized because our claim must have fell through the cracks. After I threatened to sue they said that they would cancel our contract since we were already working with our bank and that we would receive a refund. Well, that was 2 months ago and it sure is funny because I've never seen the refund and when I call to complain they're numbers are not valid. What a scam. Thanks to the terrible supposedly trusting advise we lost our home anyway and we're took for the $995.00, not to mention the stress landed me in the hospital with a premature birth of our daughter. I'm not the suing type, but what they did was took everything we had and I'd like to see them all in prison, my money back, and compensation for the stress and all the bull ###. Please do not make the same mistatke that we and others did. It will only cost you everything you have. People who work for them shoudl be ashamed of themselves.

• Me
      May 21, 2009

apply 2 save is a rippoff! i have been waiting for a refund for over 3 months and now i can't even reach them by phone or email. nothing. i hope i get my 500.00 back. i hate being ripped off

• Sl
      May 26, 2009

we too were ripped off, and "homesaver" dont feed us that line of ### that they helped you. funny that the phones have been disconnected, and website no longer exists. yeah they are an upstanding company, my ###!!! luckily i was only taken for 600 dollars but it was 600 i could have used to help. same as you "tiredofbeingtaken" i too was told that the guy Brian Cummings, was only a sales rep, 6 weeks into the whole thing, when i was told it was ready to go to the lender i called to get an update, was told they needed updated check stubs, i asked why and they said processing needed them i asked when did you realize this?, their response was ...4 weeks ago...i was furious i asked why no one contacted me regarding this issue...thier response...I DONT KNOW...so i threatned with lawsuit, next day the paperwork went to my lender...incomplete of course. asked for a refund told me it would take 30 days, 30 days was up may 22, i called today... disconnected. att. general of idaho has an ongoing investigation going on .all who have been taken adantage of should file a complaint with them as well as your local att. general, and also the national and local Better Business Bureaus, i hope we all can get compensated but im sure it will be a long and drawn out process.
    slsmith

May 28, 2009

I was taken by apply2save. I was in constant contact with them for over 5 months, sending them everything they need over and over again. I called my mortgage company to see if they had heard from apply2save and they told me that know one contacted them. Within that five months it was so hard to get to talk to anyone and they would not return emails. I told them I wanted a refund and they said I would get it within 30 days. Well its been over that and now their phone is not working and they no longer have a website. Can someone please tell me what I can do to get my money back. They took me for 995.00.

• Fr
      Jun 05, 2009

I can not believe that these people at apply2save can take advantage of us like this. I can only hope that they are shut down and not allowed to do business with anyne anymore. Stop them them from going to another business name. Let's all file a law suite against them and show them the power of a collective group. Let's win our law suite agaisnt apply2save

Jun 07, 2009

I was also taken by apply2save paying weekly I am out 600.00 dollars they said I would get a 30 yr fixed no problem. I was told that I did not have to pay my first or second mortgage while everything was in transzition and now I am about to loose my home.

• Ti
      Jun 10, 2009

well i and my husband gave them money to help us lower are house payment and nothing has happened yet so i feel that we have been scamed

• Da
      Jun 16, 2009

I am from Maryland . Me and my husband have been scammed by Appy2save also. We had to file bankruptcy to save our home . Apply2save helped by taking $1500.00 from us and doing NOTHING!!! I hope the courts get all of our money back. Appy2save filed Chapter 7 on June 9th. Imagine that.

Jun 17, 2009
    Apply2Save.com - Worst company on earth
    Apply2Save.com
    apply2save.com

We hirerd apply2save to mitigate with our mortgage company for a lower fixed rate.We paid them $995.00. That was in Oct. 2017.They told us to not have any contact with our mortgage company because they were handling all the technicalities. They told me if I talk to my mortgage company it would mess up their negotiations. I faxed them the paperwork that they needed just to be told 2 weeks later that they needed more paperwork. I would then fax that and they would tell me they needed some of the paperwork we had faxed the month before. When I aked why they would tell me that it had to be updated. 2 weeks ago I emailed them to check the status of my account and the email come back to me unopened. I tried several emails but to no avail. They all came back unopened.

Yesterday I tried to call them but the phone has been disconnected. I then went online and googled them to find out that they went out of bussiness. Also I found out that they ripped off everyone. I called my mortgage company today to find out my house is in foreclosure. Apply2save had told me not to make my mortgage payments. What can I do about this?

• Af
      Jun 19, 2009

WHAT DO THEY CALL THEMSELVES? APPLY2SAVE?
    APPLY TO BE RIPPED!!! They are full of crooks working in this COMAPNY They will all ROT IN DOUBLE HELLLLL!!! FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HARD WORKING PEOPLE LIKE ME

• Af
      Jun 19, 2009

Apply2save? APPLY4NIGHTMARE should be your name you are all full of nonsense I don't even know whether you go to work or just go there to find your next victim.
    Danielle Wolf, Hannah Ruble Stephanie Hill if these are your real name I will suggest you find yourself a better job than to rip people off, do not go after hard working, vulnorable people. Look for people like yourself crooks.
    The $495.00 you got from me will be a forever nightmare for you and trust me you will all rot in hell.