Apply2Save / This company is a fraud!

1 Coeurd Alene, ID, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 202 5662

They use misleading tactics to get you to agree to use their services. They claim to have 100% success rate with Countrywide and say they are contracted with them so there's no way to not get the modification done. They told me I could set up two payments ahead of time and once I do that they will start the process right away by contacting Countrywide. The rep I had been speaking with told me lie after lie. Once you set up the two payments things change and stuff doesn't get done and is passed from person to person. I submitted 25 pages worth of info in a fax and several days later was told it was never received. Then, to stall things even further, they ask you to keep providing more information that wasn't necessary. I knew deep down I was being scammed. They tell you not to talk to your lender, so that's a big red flag. I called Countrywide on 12/2 and 12/8 and was told they had absolutely NO RECORD of me being represented by Apply2Save. Of course, I was suspicious so I started keeping on them about what could I expect as the next step and asked questions. She even asked me to sign and return a form that wasn't in the file I received. (And they're supposed to have so much experience??) The rep got tired of me calling her on things and asking questions and it was the last straw for her. She called me and was belligerent saying how much time she's put into my case and how I don't appreciate it. If she spent all this time on it, how come Countrywide STILL did not have the Authorization form that was supposed to be faxed to them weeks earlier. She said she was cancelling my contract. I said that isn't possible since one payment of $500 went thru today. She said she would refund it and then hung up on me. I received an email a few minutes later saying she did cancel the contract and good luck to me. I emailed back to ask about the refund she said she'd do. She wrote back and said she submitted it to billing and had no control over whether we would actually recieve the refund or not.

I have read several other stories on the internet from people who have had the same experiences with Apply2Save. Unfortunately, I wish I would've read them before I got involved with them. They don't care about people who are losing their homes. They will take your money and run. Please do not use this company!!!

Comments

• By
      17th of Dec, 2008

I am a mitigator for Countrywide. We don't accept partial hardship packages. We are contracted with Apply2save and have been for almost 3 years now. We have to have all of the paperwork at the same time or we don't accept it. So, what your rep told you was correct. Our laws and guidelines are also very specific, we need documentation which is different to every case. So if Apply2save was asking you for documents, it was because we needed them. We have provided them with a list of documents that we normally require, depending on the case, we may need something additional. So they are attempting to do a good job for you becaue we will bounce it back to them and automatically deny it. I think you may be acting a little hasty...If you constantly questioned your rep on why they needed the information, we would deny you point blank. We receive about 50 packages a day from this company so I know they are ver busy. We have an excellent working relationship with them, in fact we refer our customers to them directly for assistance. We cannot staff for the modifications currently and they are an excellent out source for us. Their work is quality and they are responsive and dedicated. I find your claim a little suspicious and wonder if your lack of cooperation was the reason for them cancelling your case as I have never heard of this before.

18th of Dec, 2008

I find it interesting that a Countrywide mitigator would be checking the internet to see whether Apply2Save has complaints against them or not! Hmm. It's interesting that the BBB has 23 complaints against Apply2Save and they all can't be me...so, this company has scammed 22 other people all in a short period of time. BTW, I know you are the rep I had there and you're coming on here to make yourself and your company look good. Others have reported this happening on other boards as well! All the more reason for people to STAY AWAY from Apply2Save.

• Mo
      19th of Dec, 2008

I work for Countrywide in the home retention department. My associate told me of your comments online. What he said above was true. We refer to Apply2save and have for 3 years now. They are trustworthy and half of my day is spent on the phone with their associates. They may have complaints because there are people out there that you just cannot make happy. You have to remember that their clients are in a stressful situation and some have hardhsips that no matter what cannot be helped. Your comments are out of line and accusing someone from Countrywide that they are a client? I know that we have approved about 1500 modifications and deferrals from Apply2save, so 23 complaints? I would say that is an excellent ratio compared to the number of clients they have. Some of those which have been completely irresponsible and have no good reason for not paying their mortgage. They have been choosing thier clients carefully and aren't even taking any new ones because we are so backed up. There is a reason why they cancelled you and it doesn't look good for you to come on here and bash Contrywide, you should have tried to stick with Apply2save because together we could have saved your home. And for the record...we are contracted with Apply2save...they do all of the work and submit the documents because we can't staff for the demand right now. 2/3 of Americans are in trouble with their mortgage. And if you received a request for addtitional paperwork then there was a reason. I don't work for Apply2save, I work at Countrywide and have for 12 years, your story is suspicious and you sound more like a fired employee than an actual client because I know for sure they have helped us save over a thousand homes.

20th of Dec, 2008

I find your post suspicious as well! I had called Countrywide on several occassions and have spoken with different people there. They all told me they have never heard of Apply2Save and didn't think they are contracted with any company like that. One lady I spoke with told me to "be careful" because there are lots of companies claiming to "save your home from foreclosure and all they do is take your money". I have also been in contact with my state's Attorney General's Office and they believe this to be a scam as well!

For the record, they are not "careful" about who they choose as clients. They tell you anything and everything to get you to agree to authorize the debit/credit payments. Once you have done that, things change and they are difficult to get ahold of, pass you off from person to person, etc. They told me to immediately sign and fax back the Letter of Authorization so they could get it to Countrywide ASAP and weeks later Countrywide still had not received it. Countrywide had no indication whatsoever that I had hired Apply2Save.

It sure is interesting that Countrywide employees claim to be so busy they are "backed up" but yet find the time to come online just to stick up for Apply2Save. Hmmmmmmmm.

My only intention here is to make people aware that Apply2Save is scamming people. I wish I would have read all the negative info about them beforehand.

• Co
      20th of Dec, 2008

Apply2save isn't a rip-off. I used to work for them until I had to move to California for my wifes job. We couldn't sell our house and we fell behind on the mortgage because we couldn't pay for both. Since I worked for them, they got me a deferral and helped me with a short sale for free. I can say that these are good people trying to help. I saw what we actually did for customers. There were times when we took on too many clients and kind of got buried. We couldn't help everyone. People that had spending issues and not a legitimate reason for not paying the mortgage, people that weren't honest with their circumstances, people that filed bankruptcy without telling us. Those are the complaints on the internet. I myself had 300 cases to work on and I was one of 250 employees. I couldn't always return calls the same day and we had some customers that were impatient and difficult. The average timeline for the moss mitigation process is 3 months. The lenders that I dealt with wouldn't call me back for two weeks no matter how many messages I left yet customers wanted to talk to me every day when I had nothing to tell them. I think we are guilty of trying to help too many people at once and that's it. Derek, the President meets with Countrywide in person on a regular basis. If you aren't talking to the VP's and the people high up in the company (which I doubt) then you aren't speaking with the department that negotiates with Apply2save. CW has a whole team that works only with Apply2save. They aren't a rip off, they help save homes every day. I think you are just upset because for some reason, they dropped you. They must have had a reason. I "fired" several clients because they didn't cooperate, get things into me on time, argue with me about what I needed, didn't pay, lied to me. I would rather do that and work on files where people cared about there house and didn't waste my time. I am not working for a mortgage company in San Simeon, California and I refer my clients to Apply2save when they can't re-finance and my name is Gerald Miller. Apply2save is not a scam. I am going to request that the customers that I have referred come on here and give testamonials with their names to prove it. Hopefully you are doing something to not lose your home instead of spending all of your time bashing them on the internet.

20th of Dec, 2008

I highly recommend to anyone who is trying to get a Loan Modification or some sort of help to save their home to please NOT use the services of any company that will charge you a fee for their services. The Arizona Attorney General has issued a warning that these are scams. You can read his statement at www.azag.gov. If you need help saving your home, go to www.naca.com. They work to save your home FREE of charge. They have a Home Save Program and can help even if you are in the negative each month. Also, for those who would like information on how to negotiate with their lender themselves, go to www.loansafe.org. Both of these are also highly against giving companies any money who claim they can help to save your home. I wish I would have known about NACA and LoanSafe before I got involved with Apply2Save.

As you can see, Apply2Save employees and their friends enjoy harassing people who have been scammed and have legitimate complaints. They make up names and pretend to be different people posting. Please learn from those of us who have been scammed and STAY AWAY! They are BAD NEWS!!

• Th
      20th of Dec, 2008

Ha! I got scammed by a company in California for 3500! I called my local HUD office and you know what? They gave me Apply2save's number. Do you know how hard it was for me to give up 500 bucks after getting scammed? ROUGH. But I did it and they got me a payment that I can afford with Wells Fargo. I gave their number to my cousin and two neighbors and guess what? They helped them too. I know why they dropped you...You nasty! You are the ONLY one talking smack. Do the numbers girl...If they are suchs scammers than howcome there are only a few complaints? Do the math sister...my girl there had 270 people working on saving their home...and there's a few of ya'all [censor]in? Ha! That website don't mean diddly. yea-I've been scammed! But not by Apply2save! They were worth every penny and give out their number every week. so you go on with your "neurotic self" But instead of tryin to save everyone from using them/...save yourself! You're the one that needs the help!

27th of Dec, 2008

According to HUD's website, these below are HUD Approved Agencies in Idaho. Make note that "Apply2Save" is NOT listed!

I attended a NACA Workshop and the lady who gave the presentation said that ANY company charging for a Loan Modification is a SCAM. She asked for a show of hands as to who have been victims of this. I was amazed at how many people raised their hands. Very sad, indeed.

HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies

Information by State
    Print version

GO BACK

This listing is current as of 12/27/2008.

Click here to narrow your search.

Printer Friendly Version.

Boise, Idaho 83707-7585 - Homebuyer Education Programs
    NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSING SERVICES INCORPORATED, P: 208-343-4065
    F: 208-343-4963
    E: canderson@nhsid.org
    W: www.nhsid.org 1401 Shoreline Dr.
    P.O. Box 8223
    Boise, Idaho 83707 - Home Equity Conversion Mortgage Counseling
    - Home Improvement and Rehabilitation Counseling
    - Predatory Lending
    CALDWELL BOARD OF REALTORS P: 208-331-4847
    F: 208-453-8875
    E: susanp@ihfa.org
    W: n/a 2900 E. Cleveland Blvd.
    PO Box 1516
    W: n/a 1801 Lincoln Way, Suite 6
    Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814 - Home Equity Conversion Mortgage Counseling
    - Marketing and Outreach Initiatives
    - Renters Assistance
    - English Only MONEY MANAGEMENT INTERNATIONAL INC.
    EASTERN IDAHO COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP P: 208-522-5391
    W: www.ihfa.org 315 Falls Ave
    P.O. Box 1238
    Twin Falls, Idaho 83301-1238 - Homebuyer Education Programs
    - English Only IDAHO HOUSING AND FINANCE ASSOCIATION

You can narrow your search within this state by using one or more of the following search criteria and clicking the "Search" button. To choose another state please click on the "Go Back" link at the top of this page.
    Agency Name:
    Specific City:
    Specific Zip:
    Counseling Service: Money Debt Management Home Improvement and Rehabilitation Counseling Renters Assistance Prepurchase Counseling Predatory Lending Fair Housing Assistance Home Equity Conversion Mortgage Counseling Services for Homeless Mortgage Delinquency and Default Resolution Counseling Loss Mitigation Mobility and Relocation Counseling Homebuyer Education Programs Marketing and Outreach Initiatives Postpurchase Counseling
    Language: Spanish S Am Vietnamese Swahili Cambodian Hindi Cantonese Chinese Mandarin Spanish Russian English Polish Portuguese Others Korean Arabic Czech Ukrainian Indonesian Hmong Farsi Turkish ASL French Creole Spanish Euro
    Affiliation:
    Designation: Colonias
    Migrant Workers
    Faith

30th of Dec, 2008

I now have proof that Apply2Save is NOT recommended by HUD. Just so happens, I sent emails to both of my state senators letting them know how Countrywide doesn't seem to want to help us and I mentioned being scammed by Apply2Save. Senator McCain forwarded my email to HUD and the lady I just spoke with said Apply2Save is NOT recommended by or affiliated with HUD. She said any company who claims to be affiliated but is not is a fraud. Beware!!!

• Ni
      8th of Jan, 2009

Thank you to open my eyes do not let any one take you money if you have problem to pay you mortgage first try to talk to you lander the have programs that can help you never pay any one money If you can pay them, then you can pay you mortgage i also was trying to get help from apply2save but after i read every one comment it open my eyes not to do something crazy like that i save my $500 and i got help from my lander so people BEWARE DON'T PAY ANY SCAMES

• Ca
      11th of Jan, 2009

I am glad that I found sites like this so hopefully I can render some help & advice to some of you. 1. Be careful of advocacy groups such as NACA & ACCORN. I have a strong background in loan servicing up to 15 years with the nation’s top leading loan servicing portfolio holder & just reecently I had answered an advertisement by NACA where as they were hiring for experienced Loss Mitigation Specialists. I tried to make the transition to an advocacy group & was heavily recruited by a friend. Trust me people right now NACA or any advocacy group that does not have a history of servicing practices in the area of default servicing is only doing more harm than good. NACA cashed it’s check in on that side of the business by due the originations side of the game has been saturated. They have lost volume on their originations portfolio so now they are trying to penetrate the world of default servicing. Bruce Marks scrutinizes the banks for having charging prime customers in the past for PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance). He says that PMI should not be charged to the customer while they are paying their monthly payments. PMI allocation of a borrower’s payment goes into a default bucket for your loan servicer/ lender in the event the loan goes into default leading into foreclosure thus the loan is guaranteed thru an insurer of the servicer/ investor choice. This PMI will cover fees incurred while in FC & cover some of the deficiency in the event the loan goes to FC sale & that is only if is suffered some deficiency. So Marks on the origination side when it was high volume was charging a membership fee for up to about the 1st 6 years of the loan which is almost the equivalency to that of when a Prime Borrower could drop their PMI on their home with their lender(other intagibles factor into that).
    Now the question arose if the banks give him billions to take a potential subprime borrower to a Prime borrower buy going through the program where was the leverage in the underwriting guidelines that guarantee his loans in the Prime market? The membership fee. In the servicing world this fee varies from $16-100 depending on the house size, market etc. however his fee is always one standard rate $40-$50. Can you say contradiction? This does not include the four events a year which are usually marches the members have to attend. Is it all coming together now? No matter the rhetoric he preaches if the numbers show up at these marches he has given you the vision he wants to see him as.
    Now being that his non-profit business is not making a profit you have to pull back the curtain now a bit. He is no longer making money from his originations portfolio now that originations are down now he is trying to enter the world of servicing which is a totally different animal & take it from me. These guys have no idea of what they are doing. Now whatever deal that have set up with Countrywide & the servicing agreement supposedly they have signed with them they need to just work with those borrowers & really I did not see too much help with those borrowers/ members & come to think of it NACA considers 80/20 loans predatory as well & before leaving I saw several loans coming through the HOMESAVE program that members said were loans originated out of NACA offices that were 80/20 loans. Hmmmmm. But NACA tries to fry chicken with their mouths. They make promises & I wish they would stop because I saw a lot of houses go to FC sale due to broken promises of 3 & 4% fixed interest rates. Postponement of FC Sales & they have no resources to do these things. One of my last counseling sessions to was to a woman who had a Citi-Mortgage Loan. Now the ladies problems started way in January, late March. Needless to say the lady fell behind & approached her servicer. Now at the same time she was advised to contact NACA. During the conversation I looked thru her file with a team member & she asked me was that the loan mortgage statement (item needed in order to meet the “NACA” criteria) I told her “no”. That is a loan modification agreement. I asked the woman did she no that she had an approved loan modification agreement with Citi agreeing to fix her IR at 7.125% repacking about $11000 worth of payments & other additional fees on the principal balance. She said she did not no what the paper work was. I advised her that during the course of the delinquency you had to have talked to your servicer/ lender & they advised her to forward her information after doing an assessment over the phone. Her response was yes she did. I then asked as to where is the signature page & she responded by stating she did not know. I asked why she did not send the loan modification back signed & she advised that she was instucted by the NACA representative in their offices not to send it back & that they could get her a better deal & that the budget that she gave NACA was a actual better budget. When I looked at it two things stood out though. The lady was giving $400 per month for Tithing & spending money $583.I questioned those two things & asked if she could cut back a little because NACA was trying to attain a 3% interest rate & decrease her payment almost $1000. I advised her that this was a bit steep & original agreement when she got the loan was fixed @ 7.125% & orinally the way mods were set up they were for hardships in which she truthfully had. Needless to say NACA’s proposal submission was originally in August 08′ however it has yet to be received by the lender & her home goes to sell on January 6. Now she is receieving these emails from NACA:
    We are awaiting a response from your lender. We have called them and sent them either a fax or email. IF THERE IS NO SALE DATE SCHEDULED PLEASE HIT ‘REPLY ALL’ AND TYPE ‘NO SALE DATE’ THEN FOLLOW UP WITH THE LOCAL OFFICE IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY. If there is a sale date we will do everything in our power to get the auction postponed, but you need to have a Plan B “IN PLACE” in case the lender does not cooperate. PLEASE ACT ON YOUR PLAN B IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A POSITIVE RESPONSE IN A TIMELY MANNER. You cannot make NACA your only plan for saving your home. Call your lender and let them know that you want to save your house. It is very important that you save as money as you can to put towards working out a plan with the lender. Also if you have not done so already please look up your local office on our website to a schedule a counseling session immediately so your file can be submitted for review and a determination made about the best way for us to assist you. PLEASE WATCH YOUR EMAIL FOR UPDATES USUALLY STARTING ONE WEEK BEFORE THE SALE DATE. LET ME ENCOURAGE YOU AGAIN TO SAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU CAN. PLEASE BE AWARE YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE KEEPING TRACK OF SALE DATE AND FOR SAVING YOUR HOME, SO PLEASE THOROUGHLY EXPLORE ALL OF YOUR LEGAL OPTIONS. Speak to your lender and ask them what options you have for saving your home. Seek legal advice, free or otherwise. Ask a few bankruptcy lawyers about every legal option for saving your home. Call ALL your elected officials including Town Selectmen, City Counselors, State Representatives, State Senators, Mayor and Governor, as well as the your state’s Banking Commission and Attorney General’s Office. Ask them for suggestions about what you should do and who you can call. If the problem is limited income, you may want to get a roommate to add the income needed. KNOW HOW MUCH TIME YOU NEED TO CARRY OUT YOUR ‘PLAN B’ AND ACT ON YOUR ‘PLAN B’ IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A POSITIVE RESPONSE IN A TIMELY MANNER.

16th of Jan, 2009

At least NACA tells people there is a "chance" that they can help save their home...not like Apply2Save who tells people whatever they want to hear to get them to set up the payments...then takes off and runs with their money.

NACA's services are FREE, so if they are unable to help, there is no money lost...unlike companies who are scamming people.

• Db
      18th of Jan, 2009

If you have been taken for money like Karen Davidson ( Been Ripped Off) and has not had help from these people...please file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Spokane, Wa. They are already down to a B rating. Also file a complaint with the Idaho Attorney General. There are several lawsuits from client's as well as employees taking place at this time due to immoral business practices. The owner is only after dollars. Several clients have lost their home to foreclosure after signing on with Apply2save. Coming on with them does not stop the process. If you don't have a HUGE amount of money in the bank there is nothing anyone can do. The banks wants their money...give it up or lose your home. File a complaint anywhere you can. These people care about one thing...money. Derek Oberholtzer...You are a bad man and this will all catch up to you. What goes around comes around and there is a corner everywhere you go.

• Da
      21st of Jan, 2009

Does any one have an address for this comphany or just an email,im trying to file a complaint against them

• Ol
      9th of Feb, 2009

I've been dealing with Apply2Save for about 5 weeks now. To this point not much has happened and my lender says that they have not been contacted by them either. I don't know how this will turn out, but I can say that I was refered to Apply2Save by the HUD online site that I contacted and filled out an appliczation. Hopefully I will hear something within the next few days.

• Fr
      13th of Feb, 2009

I am a fraud investigator seeking information about Appy2save's business practices which may result in a class action lawsuit. Currently, I have four class action cases in state and federal courts. Please email me the following information:

1. Your contact information, including state and city.
    2. Any sales claims made by Apply2save which you relied upon to send them money.
    3. Copy of emails, IM or other communications between you and Apply2save.
    4. Your contract with Apply2save.
    5. Description of how Apply2save handled your situation with your lender.

Please email to: classactionig@aol.com

• Je
      15th of Feb, 2009

You can get their address off their website www.apply2save.com
    If you have been one of the hundreds who have been ripped off by them, please e mail your story to classactionig@aol.com, this man is a fraud investigator who is putting together a class action lawsuit. He needs more people to come forward.

• Si
      26th of Feb, 2009

All i can say is Apply2Save do there job and do it damn good. If you are missing information and/or lieing on your application you will be denied until this is corrected if you contact " Customercare@apply2save.com " you will recive the help that you are looking for either a complaint or even a status update on your file!

Apply2Save have completed over 7500 files and there has only been 53 complains either the consumer what not happy with what the lender was giving them! Also right now apply2save are giving an 100% money back guarantee that they will be able to help you...

And for you "BeenRippedOff" i dont see the reason why you are complaining, what is the reason you are unhappy with apply2save? you give an indication that you have been ripped off but what did they do that they ripped you off? ... Did you provide all information that they needed or did you just pay them and now its taking them awhile to work your file there a scam?

• Yo
      28th of Feb, 2009

I think there is a reason that the BBB gave them an F rating and has revoked their accreditation. So you who work for Apply2save that is trying to look like an actual customer that doesn't speak english or spell...people don't take the time out to warn other's not to use a company because they don't have anything else to do. They do it because they have been screwed and want to keep anyone else from being hurt. All of the positive comments are from past or current employees, none of them are legitimate.

If you can't trust an organization that is actually paid to endorse a business but says they don't do their job then you are out of the orbit. So pull your head out and get with the program...reality.

• Yo