Applied Motivation / Fraud and cheating

7 Months ago 'Joe' came to my door selling magazine subscriptions to help pay for college. Well, I went to college and no it can be tough and just happen to have more cash on me than usual (I just sold my atv trailer). So, I asked the wife what she would like and then made my choice and $110.00 later I have a receipt, a phone number, and an email address.

I was told that I could expect to receive the magazine after 120 days and not to worry until that time has past. So the time past and still no magazine. The phone number went to an answering machine until recently where it has now been disconnected. I have attempted to email and still no response.

I live on an Army Post and the fact that these losers could get onto a military base and rip off serving members of this country is disgusting. If someone from this company or any other magazine company comes to my house again they are going to get choke slammed and they can thank 'Joe' and his manager 'Henry'.

Li

Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 866-699-6249
    appliedmotivation.com

Back in August '08, a neighborhood college kid came to my door selling magazine subscriptions to help pay for his semester abroad in Europe. I almost didn't buy, but then he told me the prices and it seemed like a good deal. The kid was really nice too.

So, I bought myself two subscriptions and renewed one of my husband's magazine subscriptions. It cost me $84.00. It is now February and I still don't have the magazines I ordered.

Something told me not to buy, but I did anyway. I got online to see if there was a contact number for them because I still haven't gotten my magazines and I come across a few complaints that other people haven't gotten their's either and that the number is disconnected.

I don't know what I'm going to do now, but I'll have to figure something out.

• Ta
      31st of Mar, 2009

I have been victim of the same scam. No magazines have arrived since August 2008. Yes, the phone number has been disconnected. HOWEVER, that is not the correct web site. There is no website for this fraud company that I can find. www.appliedmotivation.com is not the same company.

Magazine buyer be ware!!!

• Gr
      28th of May, 2009

They got me too, in August of 2008. I'm stationed at Ft. Rucker, AL but live off post. It would be funny considering the time of Tammy's incident and military affiliation of Livia that we all turn out to live in the same area. But for future reference there is absolutely no door-to-door solicitation allowed in military housing. So next time don't only send them packing send them with a MP escort.