Applied Card Bank / Scam charges and lies!

1 P.O. Box 11170Wilmington, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 484-840-2705

Stay away from this Bank card... They charge you $100.00 for an increase in your credit account... My wife also has an account with them... She sent a payment in on the 3rd. of Dec... which she has done for more than a year... The payment wasn't due until the 11th... They charge 39.00 for a late fee and 39.00 for an overdraft fee... Well in holding the payment until the 13th they put her into that overpayment and late payment bracket... We thought if we accepted the creditline increase we would be alright... NOT... They charged us another $100.00 for that...

We keep sending in the regular payment of $37.00... But now they say that she is past due $116.00 and the min. payment due is $209.00... At this point she isn't over drawn... She has $128.00 unused credit... But they closed her account and said if she paid the $206.00 they would take the negative credit report off of her credit report... This is like holding her credit hostage...

This Bank is a total SCAMMM... There is nothing that they can say that can explain what has happened... Except that they RIPPED us OFF... for the $100.00 increase... And for HOLDING the Payment until it was past due... They Know What Their Doing When It Comes to Overdraft & late fees... I also have an account with them... WE ARE BOTH Paying Them Off In Full Next Month... And Closing My Account... Hers is already closed... PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS BANK>>>APPLIED BANK CARD...

Va

Comments

• Wi
      1st of Apr, 2008

You guys need to read the fine print here. While this Company is a total ripoff, if you read the information included with the offers, you will see the additional charges are fully explained. I had 2 accounts with Applied Bank. Once my credit was repared, I paid off my accounts and told them good ridance. They are fee mongers.

• St
      24th of May, 2008

i agree they try to scam and when they try to work out percentages they do not honor any type of ageement even if it is b fult there adimssion so i have sent letters to bbb attorney genreal and to there head Q to compalin

• Li
      22nd of Aug, 2008

I am paying off my Applied card.They make sure they put your services charges on before your payment is due so if you are like me and run close sometimes, they can charge you an over the limit fee.

For 3 months I paid $75 to $90 payment and did not use my card yet I could never apply enough money to pay all the charges they assessed! I canceled my card and am getting it paid off.Don't get involved with this company-they are bad new

• Pa
      11th of Apr, 2009

I have had similar problems with this bank credit card. The only way out is to pay large amounts and get out. The other day I was having problems with the online banking site. The challenge question asked for my spouses middle name. I'm NOT married...DUH. When I called and spoke to someone in customer service they did help me sign on and change my hint questions. I looked at my bill a couple days later and there was an excessive sign in charge of $.50. Not a big charge BUT a charge none the less.

• Im
      10th of Dec, 2009

Applied Card Bank is the new name for Cross Country Bank. Cross Country Bank has the worst reputation of any credit card issuer that I am aware of. That's probably why they changed their name. They were sued by some states, including New York. If you search for Cross Country Bank, you will find a plethora of complaints.

One person wrote something like, "When you deal with them, treat them as thugs, criminals, and loan sharks... because they are."

It's unfortunate that they are still in business. The OCC regulates the vast majority of credit card companies (pretty much all credit card issuers except for those that are not federally chartered banks). All major credit card companies are now federally chartered. The SOLE MAJOR issuer that was NOT federally chartered until about a year or so ago was Capital One (they used to be state chartered).

Any person can complain to the OCC. The problem is that OCC regulators are more concerned about the solvency of a credit card issuer than they are about consumer complaints and the predatory practices of an issuer.

One final note... Despite the number of complaints and governmental actions against Cross Country Bank, now known as Applied Bank, the Better Business Bureau gives them a rating of A+, and, while noting that several states have sued the company, they say that the 950 complaints they've received from people have all been resolved. I have read that the Better Business Bureau can and does refuse to take complaints at their discretion, though, and when they don't take a case, they don't list it in the number of complaints received. Thus, the actual number of complaints received by the Better Business Bureau about Cross Country / Applied Bank may be significantly more than 950. Nonetheless, if you are having a problem with Applied Bank, you might want to complain to the Better Business Bureau. Perhaps it will be one of the complaints they'll accept, in which case you'd have a chance of resolving the matter in your favor.

The bottom line is to COMPLETELY AVOID doing business with this issuer if you haven't already. Also, Applied Bank issues credit cards which don't always have the name Applied Bank on the front of the card (e.g., the Platinum Zero Credit Card). So check what bank is actually issuing the card you're planning to apply for before you actually apply -- you should always be able to find it if you read the information in the site carefully.

• On
      26th of Oct, 2010

Cross Country Bank was serviced by Applied Card Systems, both owned and operated by Rocco Abessinio. If Cross Country Bank changed its name to "Applied Bank", it is done to clean its reputation/image as a predator, but a Zebra CANNOT remove its stripes. Their operation however will remain the same; the fleecing of the American consumers.

• Jw
      3rd of Jun, 2011

I have paid off my Applied Card bank in 2006, which after I never heard a word about. Now in 2011 I got a call from them saying that I owe $846 which I paid 564 in 2006 to pay it off with a $500 credit limit. Now, they are saying I owe this outstanding amount and can't tell me why. They never can tell me what or how I accumulated this amount especially when they see that I paid it off. I had the same phone number and never had contacted me until last week. What can I do...