Applied Bank / Credit Card SCAM

1 TX, United States Review updated:

We settled and closed a credit card with Applied Bank back in March 09. They keep sending us a bill saying we owe processing fees, late fees, and more. When we called and FINALLY got through to a customer service rep (I use this term very loosely), we were told they have NO notes on the settlement... Even when we gave them the extension numbers and names of the reps at Applied Bank whom we spoke with, they said there was nothing they would do. This is a complete scam - next stop is the AG office. Stay away from Applied Bank!!!

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Bu
      18th of Jul, 2008

Something has to be done about this company, they charge me over the limit fees and will not refund them even though the charges are not warranted. I am going to report them to the attorney Generals office and I suggest everyone else does as well. That is the only way they will be stopped. If we stand together and fight these thieves we can win, otherwise they will continue to steal from us !!! contact your attorney General's office and close these crooks down for good!

• Te
      1st of Aug, 2008

I completely 100% agree. I have been dealing with this company for over 2 years and I continue to be frustrated with them. ALL THOSE FEES. I can't even count how many conversations I have had with these people and I get nothing. They have a cover for everything, anything to be unhelpful. I have tried every angle to get somewhere and nothing has worked. I am just trying to pay this and cut up the card and be sure to tell everyone out there to never do business with these people. They are uncooperative, unfriendly, and has something stuck up you know where.

• Kg
      16th of Dec, 2009

I just closed an account with Applied Bank. They are the worst credit card company I have had to deal with; including charging for absolutely everything, such as making payments and then not processing payments that are sent by mail. They are horrific. High interest rates, no grace period, endless unjustified fees, and absolutely no customer service. Their representatives are belligerant. I filed a complaint with the FTC, but I will go to the AG.

• Un
      1st of Jun, 2008

These people are crooks! They charged me an over limit fee and i didn't even get close to the limit! They also charged me a late payment fee which was not right! I wasn't late! $35 each fee! I refuse to give them a dime of my money until they correct this! When i tried to get in touch with them it was impossible! Cant talk to them on a phone or email. But now they wanna be calling my phone! HA! be a cold day in hell before they get another dime from me!!!